X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I am just finishing season 2 now so I cant speak to how it is going forward yet but I am very excited. If it is half as good as season 3 of BB was it will be excellent as it has a better foundation and awesome characters. The McGills alone are way more interesting than the Whites were (especially Chuck what an interesting character and McKean is amazing in the role) and the story for Mike is aces!

The problem I had with BB, and I say this as someone that loved the show, was that it was just so boring at first. I binge watched so I could get through it but week to week would have never worked for me. It just was too little happening and many of the cliffhangers didnt hook me to the point it would have been appointment TV. Even binging it wasnt until "Half Measures" where I was like "Holy Crap I dont care if it is 2am I need to watch another episode NOW!!!1" It would have been forgotten. BCS has so many storylines I want to keep going I cant stop watching it. I have watched almost 2 complete seasons in 3 days. When the new season starts I am going to record it and watch it "live" because I think it moves well enough to watch that way. It is just awesome and Gilligan deserves the highest of praise. I have no idea how it will end but I get the feeling both timelines are going to end in epic fashion.
    BB went from 25mph, to 35mph, to 100 mph in the first 3 seasons. Then sped up even more.

BCS is doing a steady 30 for the first couple seasons, and then upping it to maybe 55, if the weather's nice.

Season 3 is grand, the beginning of the S4...strap in.

I think they overdid the Chuck character. It was really starting to pizz me off. Annoying character.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I am just finishing season 2 now so I cant speak to how it is going forward yet but I am very excited. If it is half as good as season 3 of BB was it will be excellent as it has a better foundation and awesome characters. The McGills alone are way more interesting than the Whites were (especially Chuck what an interesting character and McKean is amazing in the role) and the story for Mike is aces!

The problem I had with BB, and I say this as someone that loved the show, was that it was just so boring at first. I binge watched so I could get through it but week to week would have never worked for me. It just was too little happening and many of the cliffhangers didnt hook me to the point it would have been appointment TV. Even binging it wasnt until "Half Measures" where I was like "Holy Crap I dont care if it is 2am I need to watch another episode NOW!!!1" It would have been forgotten. BCS has so many storylines I want to keep going I cant stop watching it. I have watched almost 2 complete seasons in 3 days. When the new season starts I am going to record it and watch it "live" because I think it moves well enough to watch that way. It is just awesome and Gilligan deserves the highest of praise. I have no idea how it will end but I get the feeling both timelines are going to end in epic fashion.
      Half Measures is one of the best episodes of TV ever.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        You want acting? That is pure acting.

For those not familiar with Breaking Bad, this isn't even a spoiler; you can watch it and have NOTHING ruined about the show, with this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHJvDuF3nRo

Sorry about the music. That is not part of the orig scene.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Agreed
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Agreed
            Sidenote, hidden:

There is an identical scene in X-Files (gee, Gilligan was involved), where a guy gets blindsided by a vehicle. The "run" part of Half Measures.

Comment

I have heard Vince talk about that actually...quite cool.

As for Chuck, yeah he is getting annoying but I kinda like it. His dichotomy is interesting to me and how it effects Jimmy and Kim. With any other actor I probably would want him to die horribly but Michael McKean is just so dang fun to watch playing it I like how much I grew to despise him.

Bob Odenkirk though...good lord he is just on FIRE!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

McKean is perfect for the role, I've loved him in everything I've seen. And Bob O is indeed en fuego. I can't wait until you catch up with the rest of us on the series. You will not be disappointed.

Comment

A few episodes into season 6 of Mad Men now. I can see the slight drop-off mentioned here already.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Finished Season 3...oh lord that season blew buy like a jet plane! I am not sure I have ever thought about a show so much after I turned an episode off but I just couldnt get certain things out of my mind especially when it came to the Chuck and Jimmy Feud. Man the writers and actors are just killing it in those scenes!

Trying to decide if I will watch the newest episodes before I head out of the country for a week or wait until I come back. I am itching to watch but I dont want to run out of episodes just yet!
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Finished Season 3...oh lord that season blew buy like a jet plane! I am not sure I have ever thought about a show so much after I turned an episode off but I just couldnt get certain things out of my mind especially when it came to the Chuck and Jimmy Feud. Man the writers and actors are just killing it in those scenes!

Trying to decide if I will watch the newest episodes before I head out of the country for a week or wait until I come back. I am itching to watch but I dont want to run out of episodes just yet!
                      If you see this before you leave, DO NOT START THE NEW SEASON.

You will be jones-ing like mad for the next ep, wherever you may leave off. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        If you see this before you leave, DO NOT START THE NEW SEASON.

You will be jones-ing like mad for the next ep, wherever you may leave off. Trust me.
                        I didnt start it
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I didnt start it
                          I’m about three episodes into season two now. Love it. Plan to catch up and read more books this next week on vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            I’m about three episodes into season two now. Love it. Plan to catch up and read more books this next week on vacation
                            I told you! I seriously couldnt stop.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I didnt start it
                              You win.

Comment

The cliffhanger was just perfectly set up...but if 4 is anywhere near as fast moving as 3 I would be miserable right now!
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X