This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Started rewatching The Shield this week. Man that really holds up well. What a fantastic show.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Agreed.
      You can also tell that by Season 4, the budget for the show had at least doubled from Seasons 1 & 2.

Comment

This sounds amazing, hope it delivers: http://ew.com/tv/2018/08/03/chris-rock-fargo-season-4/

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Anybody watching Billions on Showtime? I don't have the channel, so I cant, but the cast looks really good.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Anybody watching Billions on Showtime? I don't have the channel, so I cant, but the cast looks really good.
            I watch it. It is very good.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Billions is great...next season is gonna be bonkers!!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Finished up Season 1 of The Sinner yesterday. This is a show I'd never heard of before it showed up on Netflix, and I had pretty low expectations, since it was a USA show, and USA is generally awful. All in all, it wasn't bad. It was twisted and a bit ****ed up, but the story and the way it was told was good enough. There are times it could have been better, but then, it was a USA show, so that is to be expected. There are some good twists, especially at the end, even if the big reveal was telegraphed from a mile away.
                Queen Of The South (USA) is pretty good, though I agree with your general opinion.

And when people ask me about Mad Men, I tell them the truth: Well, it picks up around S4......
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Holy balls. Patrick Stewart to star in new Star Trek series on CBS. Likely all access.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Season 4 of Better Call Saul starts tonight, but I can't find a season pass on Amazon, unlike years past. Any help?
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Season 4 of Better Call Saul starts tonight, but I can't find a season pass on Amazon, unlike years past. Any help?
                      They didn't do a pre-buy this season. It's available now. Yay!

Comment

BCS:

Yeah, this season gonna be good. I hope they kill it after Season 6 at most, though. Prefer Season 5. They'll probably do a two-part S5, which will make me mad.

Comment

Snowfall. The first season was very good, the 2nd is even better.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Seasons 1 and 2 of Better Call Saul >>>>> Seasons 1 an 2 of Breaking Bad and it isnt close. Gilligan has finally found that sweet spot where enough happens per episode where you dont feel like you arent making progress week to week. Te pacing is great and the characters are just top notch!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Seasons 1 and 2 of Better Call Saul >>>>> Seasons 1 an 2 of Breaking Bad and it isnt close. Gilligan has finally found that sweet spot where enough happens per episode where you dont feel like you arent making progress week to week. Te pacing is great and the characters are just top notch!
                              I can agree with this assessment. That being said, I think BB has an edge over BCS so far afterwards. BB accelerated rather quickly, while BCS is taking its time (which is not a bad thing; the pacing fits the show to a T). BCS is a laid back BB, IMO, and it works.

Comment

I am just finishing season 2 now so I cant speak to how it is going forward yet but I am very excited. If it is half as good as season 3 of BB was it will be excellent as it has a better foundation and awesome characters. The McGills alone are way more interesting than the Whites were (especially Chuck what an interesting character and McKean is amazing in the role) and the story for Mike is aces!

The problem I had with BB, and I say this as someone that loved the show, was that it was just so boring at first. I binge watched so I could get through it but week to week would have never worked for me. It just was too little happening and many of the cliffhangers didnt hook me to the point it would have been appointment TV. Even binging it wasnt until "Half Measures" where I was like "Holy Crap I dont care if it is 2am I need to watch another episode NOW!!!1" It would have been forgotten. BCS has so many storylines I want to keep going I cant stop watching it. I have watched almost 2 complete seasons in 3 days. When the new season starts I am going to record it and watch it "live" because I think it moves well enough to watch that way. It is just awesome and Gilligan deserves the highest of praise. I have no idea how it will end but I get the feeling both timelines are going to end in epic fashion.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X