This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Its eight episodes. It’s not Westworld. It’s an action thriller movie broken up. About on par with Zero Dark Thirty. Which I thought was vastly overrated given its accolades; but still very good.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Its eight episodes. It’s not Westworld. It’s an action thriller movie broken up. About on par with Zero Dark Thirty. Which I thought was vastly overrated given its accolades; but still very good.
      It would have been better as a movie or maybe a 4 hour mini series. There is a lot of extraneous boredom and just ridiculous paint by numbers stuff going on.

And I dont care about Westworld or most shows like that so I am not looking for that at all. I just think this is no better than shows you might find on USA or FX.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Oh man. USA... talk about a network hat has fallen off big time. Did that woman in charge of programming leave? (I think that was USA.)

That channel isn’t even worth watching anymore. For whatever reason I’m basically hate-watching The Purge - by the way, it SUCKS. Mr. Robot had such promise but I got so bored of that show after season 1.

I should try to pick that back up.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Oh man. USA... talk about a network hat has fallen off big time. Did that woman in charge of programming leave? (I think that was USA.)

That channel isn’t even worth watching anymore. For whatever reason I’m basically hate-watching The Purge - by the way, it SUCKS. Mr. Robot had such promise but I got so bored of that show after season 1.

I should try to pick that back up.
          Isn't Queen Of The South a USA show? Been catching up on Netflix, I like it. Semi-fictional series about a female cartel queen. Telemundo/Univision/whoever has some sort of 80-ep series on Netflix, where QotS came from, but haven't watched that...yet.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Isn't Queen Of The South a USA show? Been catching up on Netflix, I like it. Semi-fictional series about a female cartel queen. Telemundo/Univision/whoever has some sort of 80-ep series on Netflix, where QotS came from, but haven't watched that...yet.
            The golden years of USA was 2000-2010 with Psych, Burn Notice, Monk, Dead Zone, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              The golden years of USA was 2000-2010 with Psych, Burn Notice, Monk, Dead Zone, etc.
              Agreed. That said I still like Suits and Mr. Robot.

FWIW I dont hate Jack Ryan...it is alright. I just think it is a bit drawn out and some of the actors were miscast. I also find the actual plot to be a bit simplistic...but then again that is Clancy.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Agreed. That said I still like Suits and Mr. Robot.

FWIW I dont hate Jack Ryan...it is alright. I just think it is a bit drawn out and some of the actors were miscast. I also find the actual plot to be a bit simplistic...but then again that is Clancy.
                I think Jack Ryan is perfectly fine as it is, just because it seems like that is all a Jack Ryan show is supposed to be. Which I think is also what you're saying. I didn't like Greer at first either, but throughout the series, he grew on me. I didn't have any problem with Krasinski as Jack Ryan. If we're comparing this to a USA show, they had a CIA/spy based show, that I watched for a bit, but quit because it was just putrid. Jack Ryan is so much better than that trash, even if it is predictable and a bit simplistic.

The only show I have watched on USA that didn't completely suck is The Sinner, and I watched that on Netflix after it was over. Haven't gotten to the 2nd season of The Sinner yet, so now idea if it is any good.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Agreed on Greer. Both he and his character grew on me.
                  Code:

Comment

So I had a bout of insomnia and finished the series. Overall I give it about a 7 which isnt bad. It definitely improved as it went along though I literally predicted 70% of what was going to happen an episode before it happened which made me laugh. (I wasnt trying to, the writers literally show you everything so just a wild guess ends up being right) Oh that person made a flirty comment...dead. Oh that random person (who isnt random but I am staying spoiler free) is an expert in something...that is the final attack plan. In its effort to try and make the bad guys look smart they looked rather stupid and they tried too hard to make Jack Ryan look smart AND hardcore which I didnt think fit.

Greer turned out to be bada ss. Not much of a surprise because Wendell Pierce rocks! Jim from the Office just never seemed like Ryan even at the end though that could be because he will always look like Jim from the Office pretending to be hardcore. I know in reality that isnt the truth, but lord I keep waiting for Pam to show up.

I will watch season 2 but hopefully they go a bit more sophisticated with the plot.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      So I had a bout of insomnia and finished the series. Overall I give it about a 7 which isnt bad. It definitely improved as it went along though I literally predicted 70% of what was going to happen an episode before it happened which made me laugh. (I wasnt trying to, the writers literally show you everything so just a wild guess ends up being right) Oh that person made a flirty comment...dead. Oh that random person (who isnt random but I am staying spoiler free) is an expert in something...that is the final attack plan. In its effort to try and make the bad guys look smart they looked rather stupid and they tried too hard to make Jack Ryan look smart AND hardcore which I didnt think fit.

Greer turned out to be bada ss. Not much of a surprise because Wendell Pierce rocks! Jim from the Office just never seemed like Ryan even at the end though that could be because he will always look like Jim from the Office pretending to be hardcore. I know in reality that isnt the truth, but lord I keep waiting for Pam to show up.

I will watch season 2 but hopefully they go a bit more sophisticated with the plot.
                      I never watched The Office, so maybe that is why I had no problems with Krasinski.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I never watched The Office, so maybe that is why I had no problems with Krasinski.
                        Probably, I've only seen a few episodes of The Office, and liked Krasinski as well.

Also, Burn Notice was great.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Probably, I've only seen a few episodes of The Office, and liked Krasinski as well.

Also, Burn Notice was great.
                          The one I'm thinking of is not Burn Notice, I never watched Burn Notice. I still can't think of the name, but the lead was a female CIA agent, and it was on USA for a while. It was hot dog ****.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            The one I'm thinking of is not Burn Notice, I never watched Burn Notice. I still can't think of the name, but the lead was a female CIA agent, and it was on USA for a while. It was hot dog ****.
                            Le Femme Nikita?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              There was a show on USA, I think, called Covert Affairs about a woman who worked for the CIA.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Covert Affairs?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X