Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 87

Thread: New D1 coaches needed?

  1. #61
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    36,877
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    RIT "special announcement" at 4pm, I assume new coach? https://twitter.com/RITWHKY/status/1032318422657519621
    Likely. Chad Davis has accepted the job, coming from Adrian College.

    Credit for breaking this news goes to other posters, not me.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    RIT "special announcement" at 4pm, I assume new coach? https://twitter.com/RITWHKY/status/1032318422657519621
    "Special announcement".....lol, too funny. Old news now. Announcing that Scott would not be returning, now that was special!

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    950

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    "Special announcement".....lol, too funny. Old news now. Announcing that Scott would not be returning, now that was special!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Likely. Chad Davis has accepted the job, coming from Adrian College.

    Credit for breaking this news goes to other posters, not me.
    It was poor form by Adrian to say where Davis was going in their announcement (and Davis for not preventing them from doing so) before RIT made the announcement. They had the replacement lined up as someone who'd been working for them for a couple of years. I get the boost in prestige that their HC went D1, but they would not have suffered harm waiting until today if they really couldn't bring themselves to omit where he was going.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    It was poor form by Adrian to say where Davis was going in their announcement (and Davis for not preventing them from doing so) before RIT made the announcement. They had the replacement lined up as someone who'd been working for them for a couple of years. I get the boost in prestige that their HC went D1, but they would not have suffered harm waiting until today if they really couldn't bring themselves to omit where he was going.
    All joking aside, I agree they should have waited. I don't remember any other time where a school announced the departure of their coach for a new coaching opportunity before the school that just hired that coach made their announcement. Amateurish move by Adrian. Sadly I think Chad had a better team where he was but who can fault him for taking a D1 job even if it's a low-end one. The salary alone is enough to make the decision a no-brainer.

  5. #65
    Lt. J. Isaac Powers, Starfleet
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Posts
    2,455

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Sadly I think Chad had a better team where he was but who can fault him for taking a D1 job even if it's a low-end one.
    And here I thought your problem with RIT's women's team was just the coach. Apparently you just hate RIT in general?


    Powers &8^]

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    And here I thought your problem with RIT's women's team was just the coach. Apparently you just hate RIT in general?


    Powers &8^]
    No, without any scholarships this is a tough situation for anyone. Hopefully this new coach will treat his players better, will have better ethics on the recruiting trail (and in general), and won't get into any bar brawls. LOL. This program is in desperate need for someone with a much better reputation and who will run things the right way! Time will tell, and I wish them all the best!

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    107

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    I do feel bad for the OSU fans. Seems like they just can't get a break.

    http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/elander...buckeye-staff/

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, Ohio
    Posts
    2,511

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by play-by-play guy View Post
    I do feel bad for the OSU fans. Seems like they just can't get a break.

    http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/elander...buckeye-staff/
    The timing on this is difficult right before the season starts, and I am sure rival fans will not actually read the story and the reasons Coach Peter is stepping down (spend more time with family and deal with health issues). The trolls will use this to continue to push their false narrative that some sort of "turmoil" is going on at OSU. LOL, yeah, turmoil, we just had a historically great season that culminated in a Frozen Four appearance and an OT loss to the eventual National Champions, but yeah, so much turmoil going on here in Columbus.

    Thank you for the thoughts, though. We will be fine. Mrs. 86 and I are heading to Quinnipiac for the season opening weekend. Couldn't wait until the home opener to see our "adopted daughters." We've missed them!

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by osualum86 View Post
    Mrs. 86 and I are heading to Quinnipiac for the season opening weekend. Couldn't wait until the home opener to see our "adopted daughters." We've missed them!
    Have a great trip. If you’re driving, it should be a beautiful drive by then. Looking forward to the OSU thread revival in the coming weeks. Best wishes to Peter, and good luck to the Buckeyes (when they are not playing the Lakers).

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, Ohio
    Posts
    2,511

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Have a great trip. If you’re driving, it should be a beautiful drive by then. Looking forward to the OSU thread revival in the coming weeks. Best wishes to Peter, and good luck to the Buckeyes (when they are not playing the Lakers).
    Thank you, Lindsay! I need to get the OSU thread going. I will probably start it in another week or two. Still thinking about the sub-title, but I think I will probably go with "The Road To Hamden" or "Destination: Hamden."

    I believe the program will be fine. I am sure Coach Nadine has someone lined up. As for the trip to Quinnipiac, we are really looking forward to heading over there. I did look into air travel, but between the cost and then having to rent a car, it was cheaper to just drive the 10.5 hours over there. There will be wear and tear on the vehicle, but it's a lot cheaper to just drive it.

    So, regarding the weekend vs the Lakers, any chance you will be gracing us with your presence at the OSU Ice Rink for that one?

  11. #71
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,100

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by osualum86 View Post
    The timing on this is difficult right before the season starts, and I am sure rival fans will not actually read the story and the reasons Coach Peter is stepping down (spend more time with family and deal with health issues). The trolls will use this to continue to push their false narrative that some sort of "turmoil" is going on at OSU. LOL, yeah, turmoil, we just had a historically great season that culminated in a Frozen Four appearance and an OT loss to the eventual National Champions, but yeah, so much turmoil going on here in Columbus.
    Trying to be objective and not trolly, but isn't the timing of it is suspicious? Would you not do this at the end of the season to give Muzzy time to get a new coach and get them onto the recruiting trail? She's has had a revolving door with assistant coaches. I think "Health & Family Time" is code for my boss is psycho.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Trying to be objective and not trolly, but isn't the timing of it is suspicious? Would you not do this at the end of the season to give Muzzy time to get a new coach and get them onto the recruiting trail? She's has had a revolving door with assistant coaches. I think "Health & Family Time" is code for my boss is psycho.
    Unfortunately I have to agree.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by osualum86 View Post
    I believe the program will be fine.

    So, regarding the weekend vs the Lakers, any chance you will be gracing us with your presence at the OSU Ice Rink for that one?
    Agree they will be fine. I definitely want to watch OSU at their rink some time, and have my eye on a Mercyhurst or Whitecaps game. In the event schedules/ weather align and I can make it to a game I will be sure to say hello.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, Ohio
    Posts
    2,511

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Trying to be objective and not trolly, but isn't the timing of it is suspicious? Would you not do this at the end of the season to give Muzzy time to get a new coach and get them onto the recruiting trail? She's has had a revolving door with assistant coaches. I think "Health & Family Time" is code for my boss is psycho.
    I completely agree that the timing puts us in a spot when it happens right before the season starts, but I just do not buy into the "my boss is psycho" narrative. Maybe some of the Gopher posters who know Coach Nadine better than I do can chime in on this, but I have never got the "psycho" vibe from her. I can tell you this, the girls love her and play hard for her. I think that has been crystal clear the past couple seasons with Coach Nadine behind the bench. I sent Coach Peter a note on facebook and told him he would be sorely missed. He thanked me for my support and said the team will be great this year.

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, Ohio
    Posts
    2,511

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Agree they will be fine. I definitely want to watch OSU at their rink some time, and have my eye on a Mercyhurst or Whitecaps game. In the event schedules/ weather align and I can make it to a game I will be sure to say hello.
    I hear you loud and clear on the weather, let me tell you! That drive up to Erie last season for the Friday night game was dicey, to put it mildly! I was thankful to get there without sliding off the road! I am a lifelong Ohioan who knows how to drive in that weather, but it was downright treacherous that night!

  16. #76
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,100

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by osualum86 View Post
    Maybe some of the Gopher posters who know Coach Nadine better than I do can chime in on this, but I have never got the "psycho" vibe from her.
    Seriously, that's what makes a psycho person psycho. I have worked with a couple psycho people in the past, both were purchasing agents. They were nice as pie to external people like vendors and totally raving psychotic to fellow employees. In fact, right now I work for a small company where the boss's 2nd wife started working here. We now have to lock up the toilet paper and Kleenexes because she thinks we're taking them home. I tell you what, it is illegal in 49 states to call what she buys toilet paper toilet paper. She convinced her hubby to install cameras all over the building because she thinks people are stealing from the company (guess what state this TP would be legal in!). She re-arranged the office so she could have a clean view of everyone's computer monitor to watch what they are doing down there, though the layout makes no sense from a customer standpoint and she's on facebook all the time. Her desk is by the bathroom and one day she heard me pull the hand towel down 4 or 5 times to dry my hands and she complained I used too much towel. Wipe my Arse witch! ANYWAY, I hope that things settle down for your program on the coaches front and that you get some stability that allows the young ladies to excel. A better OSU makes all the WCHA better. We must defeat the Eastern scum. Looks like we won't be seeing each other until the last series of the year.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  17. #77
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,576

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by osualum86 View Post
    Maybe some of the Gopher posters who know Coach Nadine better than I do can chime in on this, but I have never got the "psycho" vibe from her.
    I thought what really made her complement Frost and Johnson well on the UM staff was that they are both low key and Nadine brings both passion and a bit of fire. Ask her to tell you the story of the traveling "M" and her first weekend in Bemidji as a coach some time for an example.

    Anyway, I think the Gopher players really liked her as an assistant and saw her as a big sister and the person they could go to with anything. I realize that those relationships are likely different for a head coach. I wouldn't expect that people would view her as psycho. She may not be a good fit for some people. I'd say that as a head coach, she reminds me a little of someone like Maria Lewis. She has a magnetism, and it is obvious to anyone that she cares a lot. The staff will likely miss Peter for what he brought in terms of Xs and Os and international contacts, at least in the short term.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    I thought what really made her complement Frost and Johnson well on the UM staff was that they are both low key and Nadine brings both passion and a bit of fire. Ask her to tell you the story of the traveling "M" and her first weekend in Bemidji as a coach some time for an example.

    Anyway, I think the Gopher players really liked her as an assistant and saw her as a big sister and the person they could go to with anything. I realize that those relationships are likely different for a head coach. I wouldn't expect that people would view her as psycho. She may not be a good fit for some people. I'd say that as a head coach, she reminds me a little of someone like Maria Lewis. She has a magnetism, and it is obvious to anyone that she cares a lot. The staff will likely miss Peter for what he brought in terms of Xs and Os and international contacts, at least in the short term.
    I think the international contacts thing is way overrated whether it's Peter or anyone else from Europe. Did that really have any kind of positive effect?!

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    I think the international contacts thing is way overrated whether it's Peter or anyone else from Europe. Did that really have any kind of positive effect?!
    Are you referring to the recruiter or the players recruited? Because the players are definitely having a positive effect. Off the top of my head, both Northeastern and Mercyhurst benefited greatly from their European players - Krizova; and Tanskanen and Nuutinen respectively.

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, Ohio
    Posts
    2,511

    Re: New D1 coaches needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Seriously, that's what makes a psycho person psycho. I have worked with a couple psycho people in the past, both were purchasing agents. They were nice as pie to external people like vendors and totally raving psychotic to fellow employees. In fact, right now I work for a small company where the boss's 2nd wife started working here. We now have to lock up the toilet paper and Kleenexes because she thinks we're taking them home. I tell you what, it is illegal in 49 states to call what she buys toilet paper toilet paper. She convinced her hubby to install cameras all over the building because she thinks people are stealing from the company (guess what state this TP would be legal in!). She re-arranged the office so she could have a clean view of everyone's computer monitor to watch what they are doing down there, though the layout makes no sense from a customer standpoint and she's on facebook all the time. Her desk is by the bathroom and one day she heard me pull the hand towel down 4 or 5 times to dry my hands and she complained I used too much towel. Wipe my Arse witch! ANYWAY, I hope that things settle down for your program on the coaches front and that you get some stability that allows the young ladies to excel. A better OSU makes all the WCHA better. We must defeat the Eastern scum. Looks like we won't be seeing each other until the last series of the year.
    Wow, that sounds like a really toxic environment, but the way you told it made me smile, so thank you! I sincerely hope you are not in that environment now! As for our program, I just want an offseason where we don't lose a player or an assistant coach! OTOH, I do appreciate where we are at, and I am sure a lot of fans would trade places with me right now. We have a great team coming back, and despite the offseason losses, our team has the personnel to have another big season. As for seeing each other, I am not 100% sure I am making the trip up to Madison this season since it is that late in the season. I really want to because you and the fans up there are great, and we always have a nice time in Madison, but honestly, I am hoping we will need to save our $$$ for the NCAA Tournament about that time. Maybe the WCHA can get back to the top of the mountain this season. Gonna be fun.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •