Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    I'm too drained to get involved in this right now. Give me a few months to recuperate...
    I think everyone in Hockey East and ECAC land knows better than to get involved in the titanic BigMistake/ Nacho battle royals on this board and elsewhere.
    I missed my chance to rub it everyone's face when PC cut through 3 Nacho teams in a row in 2015. Sigh. Missed opportunity.

We all know Facebook is useless, but every USCHO and NCAA hockey post really drives that home. In the span of one month, it went from UND fans ranting about every bloody thing under the sun to Big Ten fans demanding that we acknowledge their supremacy. Fun!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
      The east had 3 in 1985, 1991, 2000, 2013 FWIW.
      You sir are correct & often when this happens, the odd one out wins it all: Wisconsin (1990), Northern Mi (1991), UND (2000). I'm sure there's a Frozen Four where an eastern team prevailed, despite being surrounded by Western based teams.

Despite being a MN alum, I find the conference talk silly. I was really ****ed when the WCHA got gutted, it really is the most historically rich conference, all-time.

But, the sport needs regional balance: the NCHC and BIG are beginning to grow on me. But as a Minny fan you really miss playing in-state rivals via a conference slate. HE has no such concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
        Sounds like you will be stuck in a vicious cycle then, cause as long as you keep going, others will too. As to your question, I think you’d have a better take on that since you usually are right in the thick of the discussions you mention.
        Those thin-skinned crybabies banned me about a year ago. I guess they're just too sensitive/insecure to hang with somebody that has a contrary point of view.

But just because I can't post doesn't mean I can't read. I am sooooooooo loving the fact that they're all depressed about having three Big Ten teams in the Frozen Four. Serves them right for their obnoxious attitudes.
        Last edited by Speed Kills; 03-26-2018, 09:10 PM.
        National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
        National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          This is also the 5th time that all four teams are from the West.

1981 - Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan
          1984 - Bowling Green, Minnesota-Duluth, Michigan State, North Dakota
          1992 - Lake Superior State, Wisconsin (vacated), Michigan State, Michigan
          2005 - Denver, North Dakota, Minnesota, Colorado College
          2018 - Minnesota-Duluth, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan

The East has two years with 3 teams (1990 and 1999) but has never had all four in the same season.
          3of the teams this year are out of the eastern time zone. Dumass
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            3of the teams this year are out of the eastern time zone. Dumass
            Yep. That makes them eastern teams.

It's remedial college hockey 101 for you next semester.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              1978 with the (in)famous BU/Providence playin game? That would have been 3 ECAC.
              Since BU and PC played each other there was no way for 3 ECAC teams to be in the Frozen Four that year.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                Yep. That makes them eastern teams.

It's remedial college hockey 101 for you next semester.
                buy a map

Comment

buy a map
                  Tell you what slappy, find me ANYONE else who doesn't consider those four to be west teams.

It's in relation to the rest of the teams playing. 32 teams are east of Ohio State. That puts them in the west.

Comment

buy a map
                    Midwest regional was in Allentown. So any teams West of Allentown are automatically Western teams.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                      None of the Big Ten teams that will make the NCAA tournament won a game against a tournament team in OOC.

-Notre Dame lost and tied to Denver, their best win was #19 Omaha and includes a loss to #49 Sacred Heart at home
                      -Penn State lost to Clarkson, their best win was #23 Mercyhurst and includes a loss to #44 AIC.
                      -Ohio State didn't play anyone, their best win was #34 UConn and includes zero wins in two tries at home against #58 RPI.
                      -Michigan lost to Clarkson, their best win was #48 Vermont and includes a loss to #50 Ferris State. I'm not counting the Sparty game in the GLI because they're conference opponents.

The only team in the Big Ten that DID beat a conference team in OOC - Minnesota's sweep of Clarkson - is the last team out.

This is a joke. I get that scheduling cupcakes is the easy way to get to the tournament, but something needs to be done to encourage competitive OOC scheduling and not "just get a bad team and beat them easily"

"This is a joke"

Sorry dude, but the B1G teams that scheduled creampuffs got into the tourney, the one B1G team that scheduled a really tough schedule got punished.

Should changes be made? Of course. The RPI is one of the dumbest ranking systems in all of history, and the PWR depends upon it almost completely.

Comment

Kind of stupid to argue. Big ten won it this year. So every one else has to try to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Tell you what slappy, find me ANYONE else who doesn't consider those four to be west teams.

It's in relation to the rest of the teams playing. 32 teams are east of Ohio State. That puts them in the west.
                          golly snowflake.... does that make air force an eastern team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            Midwest regional was in Allentown. So any teams West of Allentown are automatically Western teams.
                            the bball east regional played games in san diego. so any teams east of san diego are automatically Eastern teams.

snowflake logic

Comment

golly snowflake.... does that make air force an eastern team?
                              If you'd bother to count, no. But counting isn't really high on your skill set list if you don't know the difference between an eastern and a western team in college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                                "This is a joke"

Sorry dude, but the B1G teams that scheduled creampuffs got into the tourney, the one B1G team that scheduled a really tough schedule got punished.

Should changes be made? Of course. The RPI is one of the dumbest ranking systems in all of history, and the PWR depends upon it almost completely.
                                Where you been? Did you get banned for a little or what? I’m glad we have the PWR rankings though we don’t need some subjective system like in the football. This year got me especially chapped With how the BCS went. Might as well negate who wins the tournament because the “best” team lost in a single elimination game. As much as I love football minus the life altering head and knee injuries, the inconsistent officiating and reviews in NFL and subjective playoffs in college, they really manage to destroy the sport. Fans are getting turned off, hockey needs to capitalize on football’s mistakes not follow in their path
                                I wanna go fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X