• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Fixed your post.

Sean

I believe Notre Dame may be the first program to appear in back-to-back Frozen Fours as a member of different conferences. Michigan has also now appeared in the Frozen Four as a representative of 4 different conferences (WIHL, WCHA, CCHA, and B1G). I don't believe any other program has accomplished that feat.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
      Can't beat? I seem to recall they won the WCHA in each of the last two years that they were in it. Try again.
      Take a look at your in-state record since the B1G formed.
      The fact you have to go back 5 years to try and puff your chest is very telling.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Good summary Sean. It also doesn't look good for Minnesota Duluth. In 3 of the previous 4 instances where a conference got at least 3 teams in the Frozen Four, it was an intra-conference championship tilt (unsurprisingly).

I get that a lot of B1G fans want to gloat about their conference's success this season, as they should...but can we just all agree that we will all cheer in unison against Michigan?
        Maybe not gloating, but one can certainly say that the title of this thread is very wrong. The B1G isn't a joke this season. We got the max possible 3 of 4 spots in the FF (due to the seeding). Very much not a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          The fact you have to go back 5 years to try and puff your chest is very telling.
          He goes back 60 plus years when michigan won most of it's titles as the reasoning behind the big10 being better than the NCHC... Can't make this stuff up. He is good for an occasional laugh though. As soon as the big10 takes a dump again next year he will be gone like a fart in the wind.

Comment

I believe Notre Dame may be the first program to appear in back-to-back Frozen Fours as a member of different conferences. Michigan has also now appeared in the Frozen Four as a representative of 4 different conferences (WIHL, WCHA, CCHA, and B1G). I don't believe any other program has accomplished that feat.
            No current Hockey East team has done it, although Boston College did make the NCAA Tournament in back-to-back years as a member of different conferences.

BU and BC have both appeared as representatives of 3 different conferences (NEIHL, ECAC and Hockey East) and I don't believe any other eastern team has represented more than two conferences.

Sean
            Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-25-2018, 09:28 PM.
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

The fact your conference has existed for all of a handful of years and you act like it represents all time is very telling.

Whether or not the BTHC will be "dominant" or not I've always felt it was extremely short-sighted to rag on it as a whole because no one should realistically expect for UMi, UW and UM to remain non-competitive with their storied histories, ND not only adds a name brand but has solid leadership and has proven they can compete nationally, and with PSU and OSU clearly showing they were taking hockey seriously as well as gaining momentum it was only a matter of time before the conference became something to look at.

All that said I think the college game is on the whole looking great. The NCHC could still earn a title with UMD, while SCSU, DU and UND will more often than compete nationally. The BTHC hopefully will maintain the recent surge and at least remain in the conversation year in and year out. HEA is slightly down from what we're used to seeing but that won't last and while other conferences will rarely match such depth, have proven for several years running teams they put into the tournament should not be overlooked.

Now if only the Gophers can figure out their coach and back into themselves....

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                He goes back 60 plus years when michigan won most of it's titles as the reasoning behind the big10 being better than the NCHC... Can't make this stuff up. He is good for an occasional laugh though. As soon as the big10 takes a dump again next year he will be gone like a fart in the wind.
                Or a dump in the wind?

If you fart in the wind and you take a dump, it means you gambled and lost.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Big Ten blows, couldn't get 4 teams.

Comment

I hate to break the news to you, but conference play is a bigger deal than a small handful of non-conference games vs. in-state rivals. The fact that you have to resort to what amounts to cherry-picking little more than a couple of games out of each year is very telling.
                    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                    National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

I hate to break the news to you, but conference play is a bigger deal than a small handful of non-conference games vs. in-state rivals. The fact that you have to resort to what amounts to cherry-picking little more than a couple of games out of each year is very telling.
                      Ah so now the games don't matter...those goalposts getting heavy?
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I believe Notre Dame may be the first program to appear in back-to-back Frozen Fours as a member of different conferences.
                        Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        I don't believe any other eastern team has represented more than two conferences.
                        I did a little more research and St. Lawrence represented two different conferences in the Frozen Four in back-to-back years. In 1961 they represented the Tri-State League and in 1962 they represented both the Tri-State League and the new ECAC.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Ah so now the games don't matter...those goalposts getting heavy?
                          First of all, I never said any games don't matter. I said you're cherry-picking little more than a couple of games out of each season. Secondly, what's this talk about goalposts? Are you changing the topic to football?
                          National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                          National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Secondly, what's this talk about goalposts? Are you changing the topic to football?
                            I think he was just trying to get you to bite on his curve ball...
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

First of all, I never said any games don't matter. I said you're cherry-picking little more than a couple of games out of each season. Secondly, what's this talk about goalposts? Are you changing the topic to football?
                              Each of those conference games with what you called d2 and 1aa opponents amounted to just a handful of games each season as well but hey you seem to like your head in the sand...especially with such a despicable record against those teams lately so...your prerogative I guess.
                              As for the goalposts...I'd say you can't be that stupid...but you seem to enjoy proving otherwise.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Each of those conference games with what you called d2 and 1aa opponents amounted to just a handful of games each season as well but hey you seem to like your head in the sand...especially with such a despicable record against those teams lately so...your prerogative I guess.
                                As for the goalposts...I'd say you can't be that stupid...but you seem to enjoy proving otherwise.
                                I don't follow your drivel, but that's okay. All I know is the Big Ten is sending three teams to the Frozen Four, so all of you Big Ten haters can suck it.

23 > 21

Comment

Working...
                                X