X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

This is fun. I'll take the green arrow.
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Yeah no...
      That'd be the West.
      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
        Good reply...
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Best matchup of the 1st round, could very easily go either way. If they played 10 times I'm quite confident each team would win 5, but in a 1 game scenario anything can happen.
          Who are you...Herb Brooks?

You just needed to add...."NOT this time...NOT to-night....Tonight, we skate with them...tonight, we stay with them and we SHUT THEM DOWN! Because we CAN!!!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
            None of the Big Ten teams that will make the NCAA tournament won a game against a tournament team in OOC.
            They seem to making up for it now. If 4th overall seed Ohio State beats #5 Denver, and #8 Michigan eliminates #13 BU, then 3 of the 4 teams in the Frozen Four would be Big Ten representatives. Not likely, but it definitely could happen.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              They seem to making up for it now. If 4th overall seed Ohio State beats #5 Denver, and #8 Michigan eliminates #13 BU, then 3 of the 4 teams in the Frozen Four would be Big Ten representatives. Not likely, but it definitely could happen.
              Duluth, Notre Dame and Michigan back in a St Paul Frozen Four would be weird.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Best matchup of the 1st round, could very easily go either way. If they played 10 times I'm quite confident each team would win 5, but in a 1 game scenario anything can happen. I'll say this much... between those two teams and Ohio State the Midwest is by far the toughest of the four regionals.
                and this 1 game scenario was a blow out.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  and this 1 game scenario was a blow out.
                  Not to mention last years as well. So DU is 2-0 against Penn State in lopsided wins. Very well could be Duluth, Notre Dame and Michigan in St Paul. Except with Denver probably winning it all
                  I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    The Gophers out of conference was the absolute last thing that cost them an NCAA bid
                    Exactly. Also losing OOC games to bad opponents can kill you and I assume the schedule is set multiple years in advance for at least some of them? Hard to know how good an opponent will be years down the road.

Comment

Best matchup of the 1st round, could very easily go either way. If they played 10 times I'm quite confident each team would win 5, but in a 1 game scenario anything can happen. I'll say this much... between those two teams and Ohio State the Midwest is by far the toughest of the four regionals.
                      Hahaha, what an asskicking
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

What part of "in a 1 game scenario anything can happen" do you not understand?
                        National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                        National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

What part of "in a 1 game scenario anything can happen" do you not understand?
                          What part of "asskicking" do you not understand?
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Why are you still talking about the Air Force St. Cloud game?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              Why are you still talking about the Air Force St. Cloud game?
                              Clearly not a game you watched.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Oh my... this thread is a bit embarrassing now...

Comment

Working...
                                X