Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    Congrats on getting 3 teams into the FF, even though two of them are already getting their tee times arranged.
    Ya, would have really been something if both Michigan and Notre Dame won!

Comment

And the Big Ten is pretty clearly the most logical conference for Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        And the Big Ten is pretty clearly the most logical conference for Notre Dame.
        No.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          No.
          Sorry, it's not even a debate. You might not like them being in your league but it's definitely the best fit for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Look, if it makes you guys feel any better back east we ignore all of you.
            The teams "back east" were 0-4 against teams "back west" in the tourney this year, 0-5 if you want to claim Penn State as being East. And last year it wasn't much better. I don't think we are too worried about what people back east think.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Terriors went 1-1 each of the past two years against teams west of them, and with crappy squads..

There aren't aren't looking all that bad
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Sorry, it's not even a debate. You might not like them being in your league but it's definitely the best fit for them.
                Nope and no its not even a debate.

On surface, they don't fit because of scholastics and research as has been discussed many times - making them a dubious candidate to begin with. An exception could have been made...but Notre Dame, the ACC and the B1G all reached the conclusion that Notre Dame was a better fit in the ACC. That seems pretty definitive to me.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

True

Noted dame is ahead of all these state schools

Comment

Nope and no its not even a debate.

On surface, they don't fit because of scholastics and research as has been discussed many times - making them a dubious candidate to begin with. An exception could have been made...but Notre Dame, the ACC and the B1G all reached the conclusion that Notre Dame was a better fit in the ACC. That seems pretty definitive to me.
                    Jesus Christ. When there is an ACC hockey league, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      The teams "back east" were 0-4 against teams "back west" in the tourney this year, 0-5 if you want to claim Penn State as being East. And last year it wasn't much better. I don't think we are too worried about what people back east think.
                      The ECAC certainly went full blown EZAC this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Heck, they should boast 5 hockey titles like the big zip claims all theirs

Comment

That just might take some Divine Intervention.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Hey, at least the #1 B1G never lost to the Atlantic autobid!
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

You should have been in on the discussions, you might have stopped Notre Dame from joining the ACC.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

You should have been in on the discussions, you might have stopped Notre Dame from joining the ACC.
                                Nah. I thought it was obvious I was talking about Notre Dame's best fit for HOCKEY since you know, that's what we were talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X