Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Just think this thread is funny since when it seemed like no team was safe in the NCAA when teams like BC were dominant, I didn’t hear any claims about HE or ECAC being the best league even when they were tough. Here we are with NCHC and B1G bicker, B1G hasn’t won a championship in hockey, basketball or football (I think) for 10+ years and they’re still claiming to be the premier conference. Gopher fans are upset now that UMD fans are acting like the Gopher fans used to with their “earned arrogance”. UND fans have always been UND fans but then you have Denver who looked to be a shoe-in to tie the natty championship record and aside from an errant drunk fan named George trying to fight opposing fans outside of Magness, no arrogance there. This thread is so old I can’t believe it’s still goin. The whole reason they play the game
    I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
      Gopher fans are upset now that UMD fans are acting like the Gopher fans used to with their “earned arrogance”.
      Yawn
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
        B1G hasn’t won a championship in hockey, basketball or football (I think) for 10+ years
        Far be it from me to defend the Integer, but Ohio State won the college football playoff in 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
          Just think this thread is funny since when it seemed like no team was safe in the NCAA when teams like BC were dominant, I didn’t hear any claims about HE or ECAC being the best league even when they were tough. Here we are with NCHC and B1G bicker, B1G hasn’t won a championship in hockey, basketball or football (I think) for 10+ years and they’re still claiming to be the premier conference. Gopher fans are upset now that UMD fans are acting like the Gopher fans used to with their “earned arrogance”. UND fans have always been UND fans but then you have Denver who looked to be a shoe-in to tie the natty championship record and aside from an errant drunk fan named George trying to fight opposing fans outside of Magness, no arrogance there. This thread is so old I can’t believe it’s still goin. The whole reason they play the game
          but RESEARCH!!!!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage View Post
            Far be it from me to defend the Integer, but Ohio State won the college football playoff in 2014.
            That is a four team tournament on par with the beanpot. Really nothing to see
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Lets see where we stand as of tonight, without knowing the result of this game. Remember, the NCHC has EIGHT teams, the B1G has just 7.

NCAA Appearances

BTHC = 147
              NCHC = 126

NCAA Tourney wins

BTHC = 187
              NCHC = 138

# of Frozen Fours

BTHC = 75
              NCHC = 58

# of Title Game Appearances

BTHC - 37
              NCHC = 30

# of Titles

BTHC = 23
              NCHC = 19

And then there's the research... lol

Comment

LOL. Only the Big Zip can put three teams into the Frozen Four and figure a way to not win the title.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                  Lets see where we stand as of tonight, without knowing the result of this game. Remember, the NCHC has EIGHT teams, the B1G has just 7.

NCAA Appearances

BTHC = 147
                  NCHC = 126

NCAA Tourney wins

BTHC = 187
                  NCHC = 138

# of Frozen Fours

BTHC = 75
                  NCHC = 58

# of Title Game Appearances

BTHC - 37
                  NCHC = 30

# of Titles

BTHC = 23
                  NCHC = 19

And then there's the research... lol
                  Yeah...no.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    LOL. Only the Big Zip can put three teams into the Frozen Four and figure a way to not win the title.
                    Yep. Absolutely hilarious. Freddiefriend and Speedy will have to go another year with spouting off stats that occurred when the NCHC and B1G didn’t exist to make them feel better.

Still darn, congrats to Duluth but I wasn’t cheering for them.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      First conference to ever do so.
                      https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        Yeah...no.
                        Ok FTLT, go ahead, try to rewrite history. This is America, you have the right to believe right is wrong, left is right, white is black, up is down, etc.. Have at it. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Comment

Ok FTLT, go ahead, try to rewrite history. This is America, you have the right to believe right is wrong, left is right, white is black, up is down, etc.. Have at it. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.
                          We know you are gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                            Yep. Absolutely hilarious. Freddiefriend and Speedy will have to go another year with spouting off stats that occurred when the NCHC and B1G didn’t exist to make them feel better.

Still darn, congrats to Duluth but I wasn’t cheering for them.
                            Don't forget how Gopher alums have been DOMINATING THE NHL all year.

Casey M has already passed up several SCSU alums in just his first 6 games, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              We know you are gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight.
                              Why is that Tipsy? Because a University of Minnesota system school, that I attended, that my niece and nephew attend, won another Title??? lol I'll sleep fine.

Comment

I'll sleep fine.
                                You're the one attempting to claim titles for conferences that didn't exist.
                                This is your issue solely.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X