Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Originally posted by burd View Post
    God you are desperate for some kind of success to attach yourself to.
    lol. If that makes you sleep better at night. I don't care about worldly success. I enjoy a lively discussion about sports, but it's meaningless honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Hmmm...if I count correctly, that makes 7 national championships for the University of Minnesota.
      9 if you count pre-NCAA? I don't count them, but some do.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Oh, I get that. But that kind of post is all the guy ever does.
        My posts are varied, you only pay attention to the ones that irk you in some way. Which my reminding you of how impactful the Univ of Minnesota has been on the NHL, the Olympics, etc., obviously does.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
          My posts are varied, you only pay attention to the ones that irk you in some way. Which my reminding you of how impactful the Univ of Minnesota has been on the NHL, the Olympics, etc., obviously does.
          Everything you post sucks.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            2nd favorite....3rd favorite....60th favorite...no one Cares
            You keep saying that, that "no one cares", yet you continue to believe everyone cares about what you think??? Hmmm?

Hey, what is SCSU's NCAA tourney winning percentage now? Is it still above .200??

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              9 if you count pre-NCAA? I don't count them, but some do.
              Who won all these pre-NCAA national titles?
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Some disagree with you. But thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Who won all these pre-NCAA national titles?
                  I'm not totally educated on the details, but MN won 2 titles pre-NCAA....something like that. Personally, I don't think they count. It's like pre-Super Bowl titles.

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

I'm not totally educated on the details, but MN won 2 titles pre-NCAA....something like that. Personally, I don't think they count. It's like pre-Super Bowl titles.
                      The Minnesota Golden Gophers men's ice hockey team is the college ice hockey team at the Twin Cities campus of the University of Minnesota. They are members of the Big 10 Conference and compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I ice hockey. The Golden Gophers have won five NCAA national championships, in 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 and 2003.[2] The team also shared the 1929 National Intercollegiate Athletic Association championship with Yale.[3] and captured the national Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) championship for amateur hockey in 1940.

There we go. So it's 7. My bad.

Comment

At least we know who won pre-Super Bowl titles.

I think North Dakota won a couple of pre-NCAA titles too. Minnesota allegedly has 2. Michigan probably has a dozen. Wisconsin maybe a couple. Oh, and the eastern schools...BC and BU probably with a handful combined. Yale probably with a few.
                        North Dakota

Comment

At least we know who won pre-Super Bowl titles.

I think North Dakota won a couple of pre-NCAA titles too. Minnesota allegedly has 2. Michigan probably has a dozen. Wisconsin maybe a couple. Oh, and the eastern schools...BC and BU probably with a handful combined. Yale probably with a few.
                          Hockey, like baseball, is really sketchy, with all the leagues and weird goings-on and such. I mean, when the Stanley Cup was basically a triple dog dare? Records are not going to be exactly accurate.

Comment

Hockey, like baseball, is really sketchy, with all the leagues and weird goings-on and such. I mean, when the Stanley Cup was basically a triple dog dare? Records are not going to be exactly accurate.
                            I guess i didn't realize that baseball and hockey compete for the Super Bowl.

Also, are the records for pro baseball and hockey unknown or inaccurate?
                            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                              Ouch.
                              He hates me omahasioux1, ever since I poked fun of his having over 111,111 posts. lol I could care less if the guy ever likes me. In fact I hope he never does. The day he comes to like me I will feel I'm doing something wrong.

Comment

I guess i didn't realize that baseball and hockey compete for the Super Bowl.

Also, are the records for pro baseball and hockey unknown or inaccurate?
                                With baseball and hockey, there were many leagues (esp baseball) so inaccurate or conflicting records would be the most common stats amongst the sport. For pro hockey, the Stanley Cup wayyyyyyyy back in the day was like a throwdown. One team would challenge another, and they'd have a series. That was it. You could challenge at any time. Totally messed up.

Edit: books like "The Game" and "The Code" and (IIRC) "The Battle Of Alberta" shed some light on the old old old games, and how it was. Fing crazy.
                                Last edited by The Rube; 04-07-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X