Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    It's called WINTER. lol And tonight was the Title game, right?
    I thought it was the Big 7 title game. My bad.
    "My greatest achievement."
    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      College hockey is like soccer. The hardcore fans keep saying it will grow out of a niche sport, and it won't. It's regional in USA. Period. Since the mid 70s we've heard how soccer is growing. It has, but it's still a niche sport. And outside of the midwest/NE, good luck. More anomalies than anything. And at this point? Fine with me.
      http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-their-passion
      Football is slowly going by the wayside. Meanwhile the NHL continues to expand and it's reach into College hockey continues to increase.

A few more years of Trump and the economy may grow and finances may not be such an issue? There is a lot of hockey being played across the country. The potential is there. But you may be right, it may never be more than a niche sport? Still doesn't make your being an elitist pr1ck any more justified. But hey, this is America and I'm all for people being free to do whatever they want as long as it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
        I thought it was the Big 7 title game. My bad.
        OSU blew that from happening.

Comment

I thought there was a new and improved FDF/Dubbs?

Comment

So, how did the B1G do? THREE teams out of four and they didn't win...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              So, how did the B1G do? THREE teams out of four and they didn't win...
              Only one team is good in the NCHC, apparently.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Actual Convo:

FS23: So, you guys here for hockey?
                Me: yeah.
                FS23: Heard of USCHO before?
                Me: Yeah, I'm Brenthoven, this is Bakunin (editor's note: now retired), and [can't remember his poster name, but WI fan, know him and his wife personally at this point, good people]
                FS23: Oh sh*.

I have a life. And I just prefer to make somewhat sensible posts.
                Was it solovsfett? I remember feeling a bit awkward because North Dakota had just beaten Wisconsin to get to the Frozen Four after getting thoroughly outplayed for the majority of the game. IIRC, Wisconsin hit something like 6 posts. Of course, UND got killed by BC a few hours after our encounter...but it was still a lot of fun to randomly meet you on a train in Denver.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Was it solovsfett? I remember feeling a bit awkward because North Dakota had just beaten Wisconsin to get to the Frozen Four after getting thoroughly outplayed for the majority of the game. IIRC, Wisconsin hit something like 6 posts. Of course, UND got killed by BC a few hours after our encounter...but it was still a lot of fun to randomly meet you on a train in Denver.
                  Wis1977 or something like that. He's also retired from the board.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Wis1977 or something like that. He's also retired from the board.
                    That sounds right. Too many good ones gone...or who have retired to the Café. This site used to be a lot of fun, with good natured razzing, and the occasional real talk about the game we love. Heck, I remember when each series had its own thread, and big series threads might need a second thread. Sure Happy/Dirty were looney tunes, but they at least were fun to interact with, made cogent arguments, and made me laugh. Now we're stuck with Dubbers/Dubbers Jr. who ramble on incoherently and struggle with interacting with others (sans St. Cloud fans...who have their own issues ).

Ahh...the good ole' days.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      That sounds right. Too many good ones gone...or who have retired to the Café. This site used to be a lot of fun, with good natured razzing, and the occasional real talk about the game we love. Heck, I remember when each series had its own thread, and big series threads might need a second thread. Sure Happy/Dirty were looney tunes, but they at least were fun to interact with, made cogent arguments, and made me laugh. Now we're stuck with Dubbers/Dubbers Jr. who ramble on incoherently and struggle with interacting with others (sans St. Cloud fans...who have their own issues ).

Ahh...the good ole' days.
                      The advancement of smart phones, and the evolution of some team boards also have continued to the demise of the D1 side here. I post more often on the GPL site than here (especially when it comes to hockey) nowadays, mainly for the reasons you stated. Dirty is a classic (also know that guy personally, and he is pretty much exactly like his USCHO persona). Happy, I could do without.

Comment

Working...
                      X