Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    At least we know who won pre-Super Bowl titles.

I think North Dakota won a couple of pre-NCAA titles too. Minnesota allegedly has 2. Michigan probably has a dozen. Wisconsin maybe a couple. Oh, and the eastern schools...BC and BU probably with a handful combined. Yale probably with a few.
    I doubt all of what you said. Mostly because you are just winging it from off the top of your head and making lots of assumptions. Not saying you are wrong, just saying SOME evidence, ANY kind of evidence would help.

The one title UMn claims in 1940 came from winning a Tournament, not a poll. Not sure why you would think all those other schools won the AAU Natl Title? And Evidence?

I'm not saying they didn't, but I'd have to see some evidence of it. I've read somewhere that Minnesota won over half of the Natl Titles in the 1920s. Those were based on a Poll, so I don't give them a lot of credence, but they are better than nothing.

UMn was also the first team to be invited to represent the US at the Olympic Games in 1928. The other teams were Eveleth JC, Boston College I think, and Augsburg along with a 5th team I can't remember who it was though, Michigan wouldn't shock me.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
      I doubt all of what you said. Mostly because you are just winging it from off the top of your head and making lots of assumptions. Not saying you are wrong, just saying SOME evidence, ANY kind of evidence would help.

The one title UMn claims in 1940 came from winning a Tournament, not a poll. Not sure why you would think all those other schools won the AAU Natl Title? And Evidence?

I'm not saying they didn't, but I'd have to see some evidence of it. I've read somewhere that Minnesota won over half of the Natl Titles in the 1920s. Those were based on a Poll, so I don't give them a lot of credence, but they are better than nothing.

UMn was also the first team to be invited to represent the US at the Olympic Games in 1928. The other teams were Eveleth JC, Boston College I think, and Augsburg along with a 5th team I can't remember who it was though, Michigan wouldn't shock me.
      ^^^^^^^^^^This is why you suck. FS23 has done so much research in the sport it's sick. Happened to accidentally meet him in 2008 F4 Denver, and he's got his knowledge together. I'd stop talking if I were you.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        ^^^^^^^^^^This is why you suck. FS23 has done so much research in the sport it's sick. Happened to accidentally meet him in 2008 F4 Denver, and he's got his knowledge together. I'd stop talking if I were you.
        Thanks Brent. That was a unique encounter.

As for Dubbers, i just keep him/her on ignore. He/she has proven his/her inability to carry on a logical and sane conversation here...so best to just ignore such ramblings.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

As for Dubbers, i just keep him/her on ignore. He/she has proven his/her inability to carry on a logical and sane conversation here...so best to just ignore such ramblings.
          Apparently it's not Dubbers...that's mnstateofhockey...so he is now dubbers jr.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Just asking for evidence. Sorry, I don't bow to anyone just because they declare themselves this or that.

And unlike you, I don't LIVE here. I have a life. So I'm sorry I am not aware of research FS23 may or may not have done. Elitist arsehole much? I've given FS23 credit for intelligent posts he's made, I'm willing to do that for ANYONE who posts something intelligent, even FTLT got props from me today.

Dude, honestly, if you ever want College hockey to grow and become anything more than the niche sport it is, fans like you need to give up thinking you are royalty of some kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Do I dare ask for details? I'm thinking I'd rather not know. So never mind.

Comment

Actual Convo:

FS23: So, you guys here for hockey?
                Me: yeah.
                FS23: Heard of USCHO before?
                Me: Yeah, I'm Brenthoven, this is Bakunin (editor's note: now retired), and [can't remember his poster name, but WI fan, know him and his wife personally at this point, good people]
                FS23: Oh sh*.

I have a life. And I just prefer to make somewhat sensible posts.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                  Nice recovery edit. Your initial response was uncalled for. Good that you changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                    Nice recovery edit. Your initial response was uncalled for. Good that you changed it.
                    I was wondering if at least one person saw that or not? Wanted to leave it up, but my conscience was screaming at me to delete it. The fallible human side of me compromised and just toned down the edit.

Comment

Just asking for evidence. Sorry, I don't bow to anyone just because they declare themselves this or that.

And unlike you, I don't LIVE here. I have a life.
                      I just went through 5 pages. You do not have a life.
                      "My greatest achievement."
                      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                        I was wondering if at least one person saw that or not? Wanted to leave it up, but my conscience was screaming at me to delete it. The fallible human side of me compromised and just toned down the edit.
                        It was bit low brow but I’d by lying if I didn’t admit that I did have to stifle a short laugh. Human nature after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Actual Convo:

FS23: So, you guys here for hockey?
                          Me: yeah.
                          FS23: Heard of USCHO before?
                          Me: Yeah, I'm Brenthoven, this is Bakunin (editor's note: now retired), and [can't remember his poster name, but WI fan, know him and his wife personally at this point, good people]
                          FS23: Oh sh*.

I have a life. And I just prefer to make somewhat sensible posts.

And college hockey will NEVER be more than a niche sport until elitist fans like you learn to relax some.

Change happens. Sport is trying to grow. UMn's a part of the B1G now. Non-Blue Bloods are kicking tail, UMn will NEVER again rule the sport like they once did. Time to evolve and adjust and learn how to open up to change.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                            I just went through 5 pages. You do not have a life.
                            It's called WINTER. lol And tonight was the Title game, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                              It was bit low brow but I’d by lying if I didn’t admit that I did have to stifle a short laugh. Human nature after all.
                              Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny while I was typing it. Not so much when I remembered I'm trying to turn a new leaf.

I work with a group, 98% that voted for Trump, 25% that are ok with telling racial jokes, the F bomb gets dropped so often it would make a gangster rapper blush, lol. So I can do low brow. Honestly might quit the job soon, for those reasons.

Comment

And college hockey will NEVER be more than a niche sport until elitist fans like you learn to relax some.

Change happens. Sport is trying to grow. UMn's a part of the B1G now. Non-Blue Bloods are kicking tail, UMn will NEVER again rule the sport like they once did. Time to evolve and adjust and learn how to open up to change.
                                College hockey is like soccer. The hardcore fans keep saying it will grow out of a niche sport, and it won't. It's regional in USA. Period. Since the mid 70s we've heard how soccer is growing. It has, but it's still a niche sport. And outside of the midwest/NE, good luck. More anomalies than anything. And at this point? Fine with me.
                                http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-their-passion

Comment

Working...
                                X