Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Indeed. Once again they made sure there will be no all-WCHA Frozen Four.
    Hockey East either.

Comment

What a stupid time to complain. Just let them play. And OSU doesn’t have anything they need to prove they were tough last year they can be tough this year
      I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        Eastern bias!! None of the Hockey East teams in the tournament won a single non-conference game against another tournament team.

This selective statistic stuff is fun. Let's continue: Duluth went 1-2 against non-conference tourney teams. SCSU 1-1-2 (at least they didn't lose to Princeton). We won't talk about Denver, 'cause that doesn't help my NaCHo is terrible argument.
        Northeastern won an Out Of Conference game against bu

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
          And now that you've spewed that childish rant, sit back and watch all four of them beat a tournament team next weekend.

Big Ten : Best conference in college hockey!!!
          Laughable. Denver is going to steamroll Pedo State
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Laughable. Denver is going to steamroll Pedo State
            Best matchup of the 1st round, could very easily go either way. If they played 10 times I'm quite confident each team would win 5, but in a 1 game scenario anything can happen. I'll say this much... between those two teams and Ohio State the Midwest is by far the toughest of the four regionals.
            National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
            National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

This thread was obviously meant to prove an emotional response and I'm not biting. For those of us who know hockey the regionals will provide interesting challenges for ALL teams. The B1G can go as far as anybody and we'll see won't we?
              TovaraischLisa used a very narrow and limited comparison to make a flawed point, but again, apparently wanting an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                Let's be honest here - We're not talking about the whole Big. We're talking about Penn State and Ohio State. And there's really no defending their non-con scheduling.
                When the AHA, HEA, WCHA and NCHC play larger conference schedule, 3 HEA schools have the Beanpot, the Minnesota schools have agreements with other Minnesota schools NC, the B1G doesn't have a lot of choice but to schedule ECAC schools and independents. The ECAC, despite having 3 teams in the tournament, was a very "middle heavy" conference this year and 2 of the 3 representatives in the NC$$ tournament have schedule limitations as well.

The B1G is getting its bearings as a conference, but personally I like their smaller league schedule because it's pretty cool that some of those schools are now forced to schedule games against us "little guys".
                Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  This thread was obviously meant to prove an emotional response and I'm not biting. For those of us who know hockey the regionals will provide interesting challenges for ALL teams. The B1G can go as far as anybody and we'll see won't we?
                  TovaraischLisa used a very narrow and limited comparison to make a flawed point, but again, apparently wanting an argument.
                  Now look, you came here for an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                    Best matchup of the 1st round, could very easily go either way. If they played 10 times I'm quite confident each team would win 5, but in a 1 game scenario anything can happen. I'll say this much... between those two teams and Ohio State the Midwest is by far the toughest of the four regionals.
                    Yeah no...
                    That'd be the West.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Yeah no...
                      That'd be the West.
                      Sioux Falls is the region of death. Hands down.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        Eastern bias!! None of the Hockey East teams in the tournament won a single non-conference game against another tournament team.
                        Yeah, except everybody all year has been saying how awful Hockey East is this year and how great the Big Ten is. So "we're the same as Hockey East" doesn't really seem like the hill you want to die on here (Also, as mentioned above, Northeastern technically does have one such win)

Comment

An argument would be rude & crude. I'm going to watch and enjoy hockey this weekend. Nobody knows who will win so to make claims about conferences is amusing.

Comment

This is abuse. Arguments are down the hall

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                              This is abuse. Arguments are down the hall
                              Stupid git.

Comment

Stupid git.
                                You want to complain, look at these shoes! I've only had 'em three weeks and the heels are worn right through!

Comment

Working...
                                X