X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    they learned it by watching you, dad!
    Yeah, but Gopher fans sort of EARNED their arrogance, whereas UMD fans, well? Have they? Honestly?

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
      Yeah, but Gopher fans sort of EARNED their arrogance, whereas UMD fans, well? Have they? Honestly?
      Earned their arrogance? Oh please.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Earned their arrogance? Oh please.

I'll leave this one for someone less caustic and long winded and less susceptible to ashhole like responses, lol. I'm trying to give that up. I'm trying to swear off tArrogance, but I admit it's hard when there is just so much justification for it, I mean.

Comment

I'll leave this one for someone less caustic and long winded and less susceptible to ashhole like responses, lol. I'm trying to give that up. I'm trying to swear off tArrogance, but I admit it's hard when there is just so much justification for it, I mean.
          Yeah...you picked a team that has won in the past...such justification...
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Yeah...you picked a team that has won in the past...such justification...
            "picked"? Was born with Maroon & Gold blood flowing through my veins. Father grew up listening to Gopher football games and cheering for the Gophers since at least 1940. Went and saw Paul Giel play for the Gophers while he was playing football and basketball for Augsburg, and met my mother, a UMn student then, & took his students to Gopher football games in and around 1960, and held me in his arms while watching the Gophers during their Big Ten Title winning season in 1967. I watched the Gophers during the 1972 Big Ten Title winning BB season, and remember watching Gopher hockey around the 74-76 time period as well. So I've been a Gopher fan since my first memories.

I didn't pick nothing.

Did my father pick the Gophers because they were winning Natl Titles in Football(and hockey that year, too, hehe)? Maybe.

And did the Gophers happen to be good in bb and hockey when I first watched them with my father? Sure, so maybe the Gophers picked me.

But when I graduated High School, I could have changed schools, and in the middle of the 80s, the Gophers weren't good at much at all, except Hockey. But Hockey's never been my #1 favorite sport. Top 3 for sure. Just not #1, that's always been football.

But if that makes you sleep better at night? Then believe whatever you want, this is America after all and I'm a BIG FAN of free speech. Hope you don't hate me for that, too?
            Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 04-02-2018, 07:54 PM.

Comment

And exactly zero of that means your arrogance was earned.
              Earned arrogance...what a joke.
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                they learned it by watching you, dad!
                Well played. That deserves a standing O. I am serious.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                  "picked"? Was born with Maroon & Gold blood flowing through my veins. Father grew up listening to Gopher football games and cheering for the Gophers since at least 1940. Went and saw Paul Giel play for the Gophers while he was playing football and basketball for Augsburg, and met my mother, a UMn student then, & took his students to Gopher football games in and around 1960, and held me in his arms while watching the Gophers during their Big Ten Title winning season in 1967. I watched the Gophers during the 1972 Big Ten Title winning BB season, and remember watching Gopher hockey around the 74-76 time period as well. So I've been a Gopher fan since my first memories.

I didn't pick nothing.

Did my father pick the Gophers because they were winning Natl Titles in Football(and hockey that year, too, hehe)? Maybe.

And did the Gophers happen to be good in bb and hockey when I first watched them with my father? Sure, so maybe the Gophers picked me.

But when I graduated High School, I could have changed schools, and in the middle of the 80s, the Gophers weren't good at much at all, except Hockey. But Hockey's never been my #1 favorite sport. Top 3 for sure. Just not #1, that's always been football.

But if that makes you sleep better at night? Then believe whatever you want, this is America after all and I'm a BIG FAN of free speech. Hope you don't hate me for that, too?
                  I think there is a point here to be had... But I doubt it.

Comment

So, basically, we have the best of the Big Ten, against a second rate Minnesota school. Since my tax money helps out the Bulldogs, I will have to take them for the Championship.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                      I don't follow your drivel, but that's okay. All I know is the Big Ten is sending three teams to the Frozen Four, so all of you Big Ten haters can suck it.
                      What if two of them lose to a team from The National?
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        What if two of them lose to a team from The National?
                        Speed Kills will go crawl back under the rock he came from again... exactly like he has for years now after NCHC' teams have kicked the big10's butt in just about every way possible.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                          Speed Kills will go crawl back under the rock he came from again... exactly like he has for years now after NCHC' teams have kicked the big10's butt in just about every way possible.

Hold on to that idea as long as you can.

B1G still has 147 NCAA tourney appearances to NCHC's 126.
                          B1G still has 187 NCAA tourney wins to NCHC's 139.
                          B1G still has 75 NCAA tourney FF apps to NCHC's 58.

147 > 126
                          187 > 139
                          75 > 58

And yes, that includes UMDs win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post

147 > 126
                            187 > 139
                            75 > 58

I didn't realize the big10 had been around so long... I'd rather see the stats since the conference re-alignment.

Comment

147 > 126
                              187 > 139
                              75 > 58

"Hold on to that idea as long as you can"

*Counts stats from teams that have no living players*
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

147 > 126
                                187 > 139
                                75 > 58

You and Speedy are one in the same. Must be good buddies. Since neither of you can use recent stats to pump up the Big Ten yet. Use stats from when the Big Ten hockey conference didn’t exist. Go to Speedy move.

Going to be lots of hoping and praying for an affiliate member to win on Saturday. Lol.

With that said, eff Duluth.

Comment

Working...
                                X