Clear All

Re: Big Ten Out of Conference is a joke

Now?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Hey Tovarishch you should get your head out of the sand how is the Big 10 looking now!

Comment

This thread aged well.

Comment

Yeah boy the big ten really sucks this year..........Someone needs to come back and eat some crow.
          Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            What part of "asskicking" do you not understand?
            Speaking of asskickings... what happened to Denver today? What comes around goes around.

Big Ten > NCHC!!!
            National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
            National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

When is the last time one conference had three teams in the Frozen Four?
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

WCHA had four not so long ago. I’m guessing there has been instances of two or three fairly recently.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  WCHA had four not so long ago. I’m guessing there has been instances of two or three fairly recently.
                  Heck, the EZAC had 2 just a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    Heck, the EZAC had 2 just a few years ago.
                    Yeah, the NCHC has had 2 each of the last 3 seasons. I don't think anyone has had 3 since the WCHA put in 4 in 2005 (DU, North Dakota, CC, and Minnesota).

Congrats to the B1G...about time they got their act together. .
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                      None of the Big Ten teams that will make the NCAA tournament won a game against a tournament team in OOC.

-Notre Dame lost and tied to Denver, their best win was #19 Omaha and includes a loss to #49 Sacred Heart at home
                      -Penn State lost to Clarkson, their best win was #23 Mercyhurst and includes a loss to #44 AIC.
                      -Ohio State didn't play anyone, their best win was #34 UConn and includes zero wins in two tries at home against #58 RPI.
                      -Michigan lost to Clarkson, their best win was #48 Vermont and includes a loss to #50 Ferris State. I'm not counting the Sparty game in the GLI because they're conference opponents.

The only team in the Big Ten that DID beat a conference team in OOC - Minnesota's sweep of Clarkson - is the last team out.

This is a joke. I get that scheduling cupcakes is the easy way to get to the tournament, but something needs to be done to encourage competitive OOC scheduling and not "just get a bad team and beat them easily"
                      Here's what, the big ten is a conference we didn't want in hockey but it's here to stay. With great coaches like Jackson, Rohlik, Pearson and up and comers like Granato and his stacked recruiting classes you can look forward to more of b10 frozen four appearances. It took a few years but this will be the new normal.

Denver, BU, Nodak, BC and Duluth will join the party but I think b10 will come to dominate like the old WCHA.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        Yeah, the NCHC has had 2 each of the last 3 seasons. I don't think anyone has had 3 since the WCHA put in 4 in 2005 (DU, North Dakota, CC, and Minnesota).

Congrats to the B1G...about time they got their act together. .
                        Was only a matter of time.
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Denver, BU, Nodak, BC and Duluth will join the party but I think b10 will come to dominate like the old WCHA.
                          That is what we have been hearing for the last 4 years, even before the new conferences started play... What is that saying about a blind squirrel finding a nut every now and again? No doubt the big10 has had a good year but being a dominate conference comes from more than just the most recent year's results. BTW, Ohio dominated an outstanding DU team tonight... that was impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                            Speaking of asskickings... what happened to Denver today? What comes around goes around.

Big Ten > NCHC!!!
                            You’ve been saying this every season since realignment and for the first time you may be right!!!!!! Congrats Davey on the season! Lol, maybe now instead of spending such unhealthy amount of time talking about the NCHC, you can focus on talking about the team you allegedly cheer for?

PS If UMD wins it all, prepare for flak!

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                              That is what we have been hearing for the last 4 years, even before the new conferences started play... What is that saying about a blind squirrel finding a nut every now and again? No doubt the big10 has had a good year but being a dominate conference comes from more than just the most recent year's results. BTW, Ohio dominated an outstanding DU team tonight... that was impressive.
                              Get used to it. I hate the fact the old WCHA is dead, but the future is the Big Ten, not some mid-major like the nachos.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Here's what, the big ten is a conference we didn't want in hockey but it's here to stay. With great coaches like Jackson, Rohlik, Pearson and up and comers like Granato and his stacked recruiting classes you can look forward to more of b10 frozen four appearances. It took a few years but this will be the new normal.

You may be correct. However, the B1G will have to put together more performances like this season before anyone (outside of the B1G fans of course) will buy into their dominance. One year doesn't necessarily equate a trend. After all, the B1G hadn't put anyone in the Frozen Four the last three seasons. Heck, even with putting in 3 this season, they still rank third for conferences in Frozen Four appearances since realignment (NCHC: 8, Hockey East: 5, B1G: 4, ECAC: 3).

That being said, it is pretty definitive that this season, the B1G was the best conference in college hockey. Barring a couple of upsets, the conference should also earn its first national title. Again, congrats...very impressive results this weekend.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X