20 62.50%
  • Colgate

10 31.25%
  • I don't like Eastern teams so I don't care

2 6.25%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the NC$$ Champ?

Re: Who will be the NC$$ Champ?

Game 1 Cheel Arena: Colgate 4-Clarkson 3. The PP reigns, Gate 2 for 3, Clarkson 3 for 6. Clarkson blows 2-1 after 1 and 3-2 after 2 leads. Gate wins in OT on the PP when Gabel takes a checking penalty with 3 sec remaining in the 3rd and Sullivan wins it 1:18 into the OT. Vandyk and Tiley both have 22 saves. Goals Gabel (2) and Vinkle Clarkson, Larson, Zalweski, Schneider and Sullivan Colgate.

Game 2 Class of 65 Arena: Clarkson 5 (ENG) Colgate 3. The PP Gate 2 for 4, Clarkson 1 for 4. 1-1 after 1, Clarkson gets 3 in period 2 for a 4-2 lead, Colgate scores early in the 3rd on a pp but Gabel ices it with an ENG. Tiley with 21 and Vandyk with 25 saves. Goals: Gabel (2), Giguere, McGill and Titus Clarkson, Zafuto, Sullivan and Wilson-Bennett Colgate.

Game 3 ECAC Title Game Cheel Arena: Clarkson 3 Colgate 0. The PP Gate 0-3, Clarkson 0-2. 0-0 after 1, Clarkson gets 2 in period 2 and 1 in period 3. Tiley 26 saves and Vandyke with 25. Goals: Pejzlova, Gabel and Mariani.

Game 4: NC$$ Championship Ridder Arena: Certainly do not expect either team to dominate the other based on the first 3 games. Will the PP be the deciding factor? 7 of the 11 goals in the previous games scored by Clarkson came from the Gabel (5)-Giguere(1)-Pejzlova(1) line. Can Gate hold them in check? Vandyk vs Tiley, will each keep up their stellar play?
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Colgate did not look all that good, to the point I feel OSU would have faired better. Both teams belong in this final but Clarkson looked tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    Colgate did not look all that good, to the point I feel OSU would have faired better. Both teams belong in this final but Clarkson looked tougher.
    Gophers will take it in 3 straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Gophers will take it in 3 straight.
    No, the Gophers did not look good this year. They played their very best possible 2 weekends ago. I don't think they would have beaten OSU or UW this weekend (but then I didn't think they would do it then either). Having the 2 Ps back next year plus their frosh I am very hopeful that the scoring issues will disappear. WHile I think their D will also upgrade I am still concerned it will be enough. From what I saw yesterday I don't think they would have gotten past any of those 4 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    No, the Gophers did not look good this year. They played their very best possible 2 weekends ago. I don't think they would have beaten OSU or UW this weekend (but then I didn't think they would do it then either). Having the 2 Ps back next year plus their frosh I am very hopeful that the scoring issues will disappear. While I think their D will also upgrade I am still concerned it will be enough. From what I saw yesterday I don't think they would have gotten past any of those 4 teams.
    I missed one Gopher home game this year, made all the road trips to Duluth, Bemidiji, STC, Mankato, and Madison. I saw the best hockey played all season yesterday at Ridder. I've renewed my season tix and parking, and am awaiting the re-melding of our players, present, returning from PYC, and new, to become, as a 2014/15 girlfriend named them, the "Ice Goddesses" again.That girlfriend is thankfully gone, but I liked the name she gave the gals. They'll be back!

Quote Originally Posted by drewkal View Post
    I missed one Gopher home game this year, made all the road trips to Duluth, Bemidiji, STC, Mankato, and Madison. I saw the best hockey played all season yesterday at Ridder. I've renewed my season tix and parking, and am awaiting the re-melding of our players, present, returning from PYC, and new, to become, as a 2014/15 girlfriend named them, the "Ice Goddesses" again.That girlfriend is thankfully gone, but I liked the name she gave the gals. They'll be back!
    The two teams that should be playing will be watching today. Thatís the way things go with this crazy game we all love. Thatís what keeps us coming back because you really never know what will happen on any given day. Both Friday games were gems to watch. Womenís hockey has come a long way.

CCT is the better team - on paper. This game smacks of 2014 & 2017. We were not favored in either game and every prognosticator figured the little ECAC would provide token opposition to the all powerful WCHA.

So now the tables have turned 180į. We're the favorites and need to play like favorites and not give Colgate a whiff of hope. If we don't, there will be the Labbe double around 530pm Eastern.

Some pre-game reading for you!

Colgate hopes to be like rival Clarkson — an NCAA women's hockey champion
    http://www.startribune.com/colgate-h...ion/477188633/

NCAA Women's hockey preview
    http://www.startribune.com/ncaa-wome...iew/477188623/
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Let's go Tech!

The two teams that should be playing will be watching today. Thatís the way things go with this crazy game we all love. Thatís what keeps us coming back because you really never know what will happen on any given day. Both Friday games were gems to watch. Womenís hockey has come a long way.
    I was worried that the NCAA was doing something strange and having OSU and Wisconsin play today based on your post. Fortunately, the teams that should be playing are actually on TV.
    Clarkson Golden Knights Men
    10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
    5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
    21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
    ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
    ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
    7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
    National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Through a period, Colgate has had some moments, but Clarkson looks like the better team.

Mo has switched to the Raiders

That was not the second period I was expecting.

Gorgeous goal early in the second by Colgate whose offense both Friday and today has looked very disorganized in the opposition's end.

Actually, CU's goal was a beauty as well.

And today's broadcast reminded me of what it had educated me on, on Friday. Namely, that Wendy's is the "official" hamburger of the NCAA. I guess that might possibly be good to know at some point but...think about that for a minute.

The "official" hamburger of the NCAA.

Maybe it's just me.

Ludwig and Roth obviously have some penalty calls left in their annual quota and are determined to use them today.

Paging Shannon MacAuley

Edit: Nobody can get inside for a Grade A
    Last edited by joecct; 03-18-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Paging Shannon MacAuley

Edit: Nobody can get inside for a Grade A
    I really miss the WCHA!

I have no idea how this game is still tied. In the 3rd, Colgate didn't complete an offensive zone pass until the period was eleven minutes old.

I really miss the WCHA!
    Nobody from the WCHA deserves to be playing today so get over yourself.

Overtime! More ECAC hockey to watch!

When this is over, Julia Vandyk should talk the arena staff into cutting off a piece of goalpost for her as a souvenir.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Nobody from the WCHA deserves to be playing today so get over yourself.

Overtime! More ECAC hockey to watch!
    Itís like watching the consolation game at a tournament.

Thread Information