Who will be the NC$$ Champ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    CHA is considered a "Western" conference. Or to be REALLY geo specific, CCT has never beaten a team located east of Potsdam in the FF.
    You think? I consider them central by women’s hockey standards, but with 5 out of 6 teams in NY or PA, mostly Northeastern by geography terms. Certainly didn’t matter one way or another but I had never thought of them as a western conference.

Comment

Re: Who will be the NC$$ Champ?

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
      They beat Mercyhurst in 2014.

I stand corrected. As has my post.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
        I also don’t care who wins at this point. I liked having the game on tv. That was awesome. I wonder if BTN will still get rights, produce it if the location is non big ten. I want to say yes, since Big Ten teams of the WCHA are always in it.
        BTN is under contract to air all of the FF games through the 2020 season.

I suppose if Big Ten teams stop regularly getting into it they might rethink extending that deal, but that seems less likely than other ($) reasons to impact what happens beyond 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post

I suppose if Big Ten teams stop regularly getting into it they might rethink extending that deal, but that seems less likely than other ($) reasons to impact what happens beyond 2020.
          Good to know, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post

To the extent the Women's FF continues to be scheduled on the opening weekend of the NCAA Hoops Tournaments, I like our chances of keeping the deal.

ALL casual sports fan are focused on basketball this weekend. The sports channels left on the outside need to find a small group of devoted viewers who are willing to shun hoops for their sport. Hockey fans are as good a candidate as any.

Presumably last night's semi-finals made a good impression on the BTN people. Even the though the results weren't so hot for the B1G teams, the games were spectacular.

Comment

Game 1 Cheel Arena: Colgate 4-Clarkson 3. The PP reigns, Gate 2 for 3, Clarkson 3 for 6. Clarkson blows 2-1 after 1 and 3-2 after 2 leads. Gate wins in OT on the PP when Gabel takes a checking penalty with 3 sec remaining in the 3rd and Sullivan wins it 1:18 into the OT. Vandyk and Tiley both have 22 saves. Goals Gabel (2) and Vinkle Clarkson, Larson, Zalweski, Schneider and Sullivan Colgate.

Game 2 Class of 65 Arena: Clarkson 5 (ENG) Colgate 3. The PP Gate 2 for 4, Clarkson 1 for 4. 1-1 after 1, Clarkson gets 3 in period 2 for a 4-2 lead, Colgate scores early in the 3rd on a pp but Gabel ices it with an ENG. Tiley with 21 and Vandyk with 25 saves. Goals: Gabel (2), Giguere, McGill and Titus Clarkson, Zafuto, Sullivan and Wilson-Bennett Colgate.

Game 3 ECAC Title Game Cheel Arena: Clarkson 3 Colgate 0. The PP Gate 0-3, Clarkson 0-2. 0-0 after 1, Clarkson gets 2 in period 2 and 1 in period 3. Tiley 26 saves and Vandyke with 25. Goals: Pejzlova, Gabel and Mariani.

Game 4: NC$$ Championship Ridder Arena: Certainly do not expect either team to dominate the other based on the first 3 games. Will the PP be the deciding factor? 7 of the 11 goals in the previous games scored by Clarkson came from the Gabel (5)-Giguere(1)-Pejzlova(1) line. Can Gate hold them in check? Vandyk vs Tiley, will each keep up their stellar play?
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Colgate did not look all that good, to the point I feel OSU would have faired better. Both teams belong in this final but Clarkson looked tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  Colgate did not look all that good, to the point I feel OSU would have faired better. Both teams belong in this final but Clarkson looked tougher.
                  Gophers will take it in 3 straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    Gophers will take it in 3 straight.
                    No, the Gophers did not look good this year. They played their very best possible 2 weekends ago. I don't think they would have beaten OSU or UW this weekend (but then I didn't think they would do it then either). Having the 2 Ps back next year plus their frosh I am very hopeful that the scoring issues will disappear. WHile I think their D will also upgrade I am still concerned it will be enough. From what I saw yesterday I don't think they would have gotten past any of those 4 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                      No, the Gophers did not look good this year. They played their very best possible 2 weekends ago. I don't think they would have beaten OSU or UW this weekend (but then I didn't think they would do it then either). Having the 2 Ps back next year plus their frosh I am very hopeful that the scoring issues will disappear. While I think their D will also upgrade I am still concerned it will be enough. From what I saw yesterday I don't think they would have gotten past any of those 4 teams.
                      I missed one Gopher home game this year, made all the road trips to Duluth, Bemidiji, STC, Mankato, and Madison. I saw the best hockey played all season yesterday at Ridder. I've renewed my season tix and parking, and am awaiting the re-melding of our players, present, returning from PYC, and new, to become, as a 2014/15 girlfriend named them, the "Ice Goddesses" again.That girlfriend is thankfully gone, but I liked the name she gave the gals. They'll be back!

Comment

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
                        I missed one Gopher home game this year, made all the road trips to Duluth, Bemidiji, STC, Mankato, and Madison. I saw the best hockey played all season yesterday at Ridder. I've renewed my season tix and parking, and am awaiting the re-melding of our players, present, returning from PYC, and new, to become, as a 2014/15 girlfriend named them, the "Ice Goddesses" again.That girlfriend is thankfully gone, but I liked the name she gave the gals. They'll be back!
                        The two teams that should be playing will be watching today. That’s the way things go with this crazy game we all love. That’s what keeps us coming back because you really never know what will happen on any given day. Both Friday games were gems to watch. Women’s hockey has come a long way.

Comment

CCT is the better team - on paper. This game smacks of 2014 & 2017. We were not favored in either game and every prognosticator figured the little ECAC would provide token opposition to the all powerful WCHA.

So now the tables have turned 180°. We're the favorites and need to play like favorites and not give Colgate a whiff of hope. If we don't, there will be the Labbe double around 530pm Eastern.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Some pre-game reading for you!

Colgate hopes to be like rival Clarkson — an NCAA women's hockey champion
                            http://www.startribune.com/colgate-h...ion/477188633/

NCAA Women's hockey preview
                            http://www.startribune.com/ncaa-wome...iew/477188623/
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              The two teams that should be playing will be watching today. That’s the way things go with this crazy game we all love. That’s what keeps us coming back because you really never know what will happen on any given day. Both Friday games were gems to watch. Women’s hockey has come a long way.
                              I was worried that the NCAA was doing something strange and having OSU and Wisconsin play today based on your post. Fortunately, the teams that should be playing are actually on TV.
                              Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                              10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                              5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                              21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                              ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                              ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                              7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                              National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Through a period, Colgate has had some moments, but Clarkson looks like the better team.

Comment

Working...
                                X