F- Loren Gabel (Clarkson)
    F- Elizabeth Giguere (Clarkson)
    D- Olivia Zafuto (Colgate)
    D- Savannah Harmon (Clarkson
    G- Shea Tiley (Clarkson)

MOP: Tiley
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
      This is the age-old bitter angry loser statement - classy teams/fans move on with grace, not discounting the success of the team that beat them. The two teams that should be playing played today - these are the ones that won (and they played a heck of a game again today). If OSU or Wisco should have been playing today then they would have won - they didn't. It's really that simple - but both OSU and W played a great game Friday as well.
      Bingo! Thank you! It's not too hard for anyone with a hockey mind, but not for people with blinders on who are so obviously bitter. The players will move forward before these people do. I have no connection to either the WCHA or the ECAC. I have consistently said I'm just bored seeing the same teams make it into the NCAA tournament every year and am excited to see new teams at both the D1 and D3 levels. I was rooting for Hamline and Colgate the most this weekend and both of those teams can be unbelievably proud of how they performed! Here's to the underdogs!

Note: It's been a blast picking on the WCHA fans. They bite so easily, hook, line, and sinker. Lol!

Comment

Re: Who will be the NC$$ Champ?

This is the age-old bitter angry loser statement - classy teams/fans move on with grace, not discounting the success of the team that beat them. The two teams that should be playing played today - these are the ones that won (and they played a heck of a game again today). If OSU or Wisco should have been playing today then they would have won - they didn't. It's really that simple - but both OSU and W played a great game Friday as well.
        Most of us who watch sports (not just hockey) know how hard it is to win a championship, and we know that the teams that are playing in the final are the two that deserve to be there. As a longtime Gopher fan, I congratulate the Fighting Nurses on their third championship and hope they get a chance to face the reloaded Gophers next year.

Comment

They give out the winners' hardware to those that actually won, not to those that "woulda, coulda, shoulda." That's every sport, every year. Congrats to the winners, not to the whiners!

Comment

What a play by Giguere to win it, start to finish. Congrats to Clarkson. My favorite part, not hockey game related, was when Shannon Desrosiers got interviewed in the stands and said she has a new job....coaching the mites in Potsdam. Very cute, and lucky little kids!

Comment

Note: It's been a blast picking on the WCHA fans. They bite so easily, hook, line, and sinker. Lol![/QUOTE]

I wonder who is biting!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                Note: It's been a blast picking on the WCHA fans. They bite so easily, hook, line, and sinker. Lol!
                I wonder who is biting![/QUOTE]

I'll bite. Who???

Comment

At least for this year, I will take Giguere and a 3rd National Championship over Watts and a Kaz.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Sincere congratulations to vicb, joecct & FireKnight. And if I've missed any Clarkson posters, congratulations to you as well.

Obviously I'm sorry OSU fell just short on Friday. But you guys are part of a great program -- truly a Champion that all of college hockey can be proud of.

Well done, Clarkson!

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      What a play by Giguere to win it, start to finish. Congrats to Clarkson.
                      I think that could be called somewhat of a blunder by the Colgate defender in allowing Giguere an opportunity to get the puck. Struck me as not being sharp enough when she had the short advantage initially, knowing that a CU player was right behind her...but knowing that, she still turned the puck into completely open ice instead of turning it back toward the boards. (Also notice many times today and on Friday Colgate players failing to instinctively get the angle on the puck by changing their direction so that they could accept less than perfect passes...but instead chose to allow the puck to proceed up ice, usually onto a CU stick).

And I thought that the best part of that play was Giguere's maintaining enough of her balance so that she was quickly able to regain her knee in order to attempt a shot. And when she did regain it she was perpendicular to Van Dyk throwing up some snow only about 8 ft or so away from Van Dyk and she only regained possession about 4-5 ft away from Van Dyk. And her move, which wasn't much of a move but it was quick, came immediately after she had regained possession...to her forehand with the back of the blade which Van Dyk bit on hard...and then back to the backhand. The split second between her regaining possession and her move (because she was almost out of space) likely influenced Van Dyk's save selection. So, many interesting things going on in that short play.

But it all started with Colgate's ill advised point shot into a CU defender which I saw Colgate do countless times in both games where you know if the defender is right in front of you and close to you that the odds of your shot getting through are slim. That shot bounced off the defender over to the boards to start the drum roll that quickly ended the game.

Colgate from what I've seen seems more of a grinder team, unless they didn't happen to play their best hockey in these two games but still managed to accomplish what they did...I don't know because I've never seen them play before.

Felt very badly for Van Dyk. She was obviously quite distraught afterwards.

Three very (and more than) entertaining games this weekend by four great teams.
                      Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-18-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                        I think that could be called somewhat of a blunder by the Colgate defender in allowing Giguere an opportunity to get the puck. Struck me as not being sharp enough when she had the short advantage initially, knowing that a CU player was right behind her...but knowing that, she still turned the puck into completely open ice instead of turning it back toward the boards. (Also notice many times today and on Friday Colgate players failing to instinctively get the angle on the puck by changing their direction so that they could accept less than perfect passes...but instead chose to allow the puck to proceed up ice, usually onto a CU stick).

And I thought that the best part of that play was Giguere's maintaining enough of her balance so that she was quickly able to regain her knee in order to attempt a shot. And when she did regain it she was perpendicular to Van Dyk throwing up some snow only about 8 ft or so away from Van Dyk and she only regained possession about 4-5 ft away from Van Dyk. And her move, which wasn't much of a move but it was quick, came immediately after she had regained possession...to her forehand with the back of the blade which Van Dyk bit on hard...and then back to the backhand. The split second between her regaining possession and her move (because she was almost out of space) likely influenced Van Dyk's save selection. So, many interesting things going on in that short play.

But it all started with Colgate's ill advised point shot into a CU defender which I saw Colgate do countless times in both games where you know if the defender is right in front of you and close to you that the odds of your shot getting through are slim. That shot bounced off the defender over to the boards to start the drum roll that quickly ended the game.

Colgate from what I've seen seems more of a grinder team, unless they didn't happen to play their best hockey in these two games but still managed to accomplish what they did...I don't know because I've never seen them play before.

Felt very badly for Van Dyk. She was obviously quite distraught afterwards.

Three very (and more than) entertaining games this weekend by four great teams.
                        And yet your far more skilled, better coached, and elite beloved team was sitting on its a** at home this weekend because the horrible "grinder" Colgate team you apparently can only denigrate was taking up their rightful spot at the Frozen Four? I'm now officially annoyed at the sanctimonious WCHA fans who look down at all other teams from their perch and proclaim that every non-WCHA team is lucky to ever win a game. Give it a rest, park your bitterness, and show some class. Colgate played within their skill set and exceptionally well all season, winning 34 games (including 3-1 against the WCHA) and getting to the National Championship game. This is called good coaching and understanding your strengths and weaknesses. I don't know if the Colgate D made a mistake on what was a great play by Giguere (I'm sure she'd want it back regardless), but she played well enough in 40+ games to help them get to this game that all but 2 teams could only wish they were in - and they were both ECAC teams, so suck on that....

Comment

And yet your far more skilled, better coached, and elite beloved team was sitting on its a** at home this weekend because the horrible "grinder" Colgate team you apparently can only denigrate was taking up their rightful spot at the Frozen Four? I'm now officially annoyed at the sanctimonious WCHA fans who look down at all other teams from their perch and proclaim that every non-WCHA team is lucky to ever win a game. Give it a rest, park your bitterness, and show some class. Colgate played within their skill set and exceptionally well all season, winning 34 games (including 3-1 against the WCHA) and getting to the National Championship game. This is called good coaching and understanding your strengths and weaknesses. I don't know if the Colgate D made a mistake on what was a great play by Giguere (I'm sure she'd want it back regardless), but she played well enough in 40+ games to help them get to this game that all but 2 teams could only wish they were in - and they were both ECAC teams, so suck on that....
                          Don't waste your breath using hockey logic on someone like him. Great post!

Comment

I guess you missed the last line in my post. I suggest you go back and read it. And so should your bandwagon jumping, "me too", pal.

To clarify things for you, in case you haven't picked this up from any of my previous posts over the last several years, I had, nor do I have, any axe to grind. As a matter of fact I like the idea that there were two teams in this year's Frozen Four who had never been there before and I don't give a **** where they're from. I like the fact that CU was there again. I like the fact that two Eastern teams were in the Championship Game (if you can't figure that out it means that I like the fact that Colgate was in it). I found myself even leaning towards Colgate in today's game....I guess you'll never be able to figure that out. I like the fact that CU won it last year. I like the fact that CU won it in 2014 and I made my opinion clear each of those times. I was pulling for CU on each of those occasions. Never have I posted otherwise. But why would that matter to you? You seem to just want to just make **** up as you go, creating confrontation where none previously existed.

A few of you "Eastern fans" are so tightly wrapped and so bloody defensive that anything but glowing praise all the time for your Eastern teams meets with your irrational fact free wrath. I was expressing my objective opinion of what I saw but you took that and blew it all out of proportion. I'm now a sanctimonious condescending WCHA fan when nothing could be further from the truth. Look in the mirror to see who is sitting perched up on their high horse.

Fortunately, the majority of Eastern fans compensate for the few that always seem so bent on confrontation on this board.

And to help you get a few more facts straight I will tell you that "my" team was sitting at home, as you so accurately pointed out, because that's exactly where they deserved to be. I am no less objective about "my beloved team" than I am about yours. If you've read any of my posts over the years you would probably know that and you could have saved yourself this embarrassment. I guess you also missed my post two days ago after Gabel's winning OT goal vs OSU about her holding a clinic for "my beloved team" to show them how it's really done. But why would you want to let facts get in the way of your ridiculous insulting rant?

And lastly, I will also tell you that one of Colgate's few losses this year and the only one to a WCHA team, as you pointed out, was to "my beloved team". I look at that positively as in what "my beloved team" might be capable of next season. But with your negative attitude you would paint that to suit your negative agenda.

So the lesson here for the class is to get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

I suggest that might be something that you might want to suck on.

Comment

Blackbeard, OMG! You keep alluding to your personal activities in trying to insult others at a very base level. Not an attractive color on you. You should be ashamed of yourself for stooping that low but I get the sense that you're very used to and comfortable in the stooping position.

Ain't karma a nasty thing?!

Seriously now, I didn't bother reading your whole post once I saw it was your usual nonsensical drivel. I just skipped to the end and saw your classy closing remarks. Why do you keep going there?! Most of us are just having fun pulling each other's legs but you seem so upset and so serious. Chill out man! Don't take yourself so seriously. None of the rest of us do. It's just a hockey forum. The truth is any of these excellent frozen four teams could have become champions this weekend but only one team can. That's the way playoffs work. The best teams on paper or by tradition don't always win and that's why we all watch! It was a fun and exciting weekend of hockey and I for one applaud all four teams on their season-long accomplishments. Three overtime playoff games! Wow! Congratulations to the seniors on all four teams too! You have left a very positive mark on your respective programs and should take great pride in all you have done over these four years, and best of luck to you all in your future endeavors! I hope some of you will get into coaching and officiating to give back to a game that has given you so many great memories that will last you a lifetime!

See Blackbeard?! That's how it's done! Nothing but luv for ya!
                              Last edited by shelfit; 03-19-2018, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Giguere's goal was #1 on the ESPN Sportscenter Top 10 plays. A nice advertisement for Women's College Hockey.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X