Regional Game times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Game times?

Going to the East Regional and am having trouble finding anything but TBD. I would presume 3PM and 7PM, anyone have the inside scoop?
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Regional Game times?

I don't think they set them until the field is locked in. There are 4 games Friday and 6 Saturday and they're all somewhat staggered, so I would imagine it's probably something like 1-2 PM and 4-6 PM in the east
    so Sioux Falls has games at 3 and 7 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Going to the East Regional and am having trouble finding anything but TBD. I would presume 3PM and 7PM, anyone have the inside scoop?
      On the DCU Center website (I know that's the "Northeast" regional but I'm sure it's the same everywhere) it says "Saturday - 2 regional semi-final games / Sunday - 1 regional final game." They have to wait until the brackets are announced because, as we all know by now, the schedule is set by TV. And this year it's a little more complex because three of the regionals are all in the same time zone (Allentown, Bridgeport and Worcester).

Comment

To be fair there's often 3 sites in the Eastern time zone when a western regional is in e.g. Michigan/Ohio/Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
          To be fair there's often 3 sites in the Eastern time zone when a western regional is in e.g. Michigan/Ohio/Indiana.
          Fine. My point was I can drive to ALL of them within 5 hours. I can’t drive from Worcester to Detroit in less than 20.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Fine. My point was I can drive to ALL of them within 5 hours. I can’t drive from Worcester to Detroit in less than 20.
            Neither can Amtrak
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Thanks to Dwight Eisenhower, you can try the new Interstate highways. They can get you there in 11-12 hours
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I'm not sure how the physical proximity of the sites affects TV-based scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                  Thanks to Dwight Eisenhower, you can try the new Interstate highways. They can get you there in 11-12 hours
                  My horse is slow and has to rest frequently

Comment

I can’t drive from Worcester to Detroit in less than 20.
                    Wait, does your car max out at 35?

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                      Wait, does your car max out at 35?
                      See, it's actually shorter for us to go UP through Ontario rather than across that horrendous PA Turnkpike and down through Ohio. But I haven't renewed my passport yet (which you need now in Canada).

(but no worries...no need to go anywhere now)

Comment

Times for Worcester have been posted as 1 and 4:30. Sucks for me, because I have a 3:00 commitment that will mean that I will miss both.

Last year was really cool. Was able to see three games on Saturday -- two in Manchester and one in Providence.

Comment

Seeing as I asked the question.

Day Date Game Network Time (ET) DirecTV / DISH
                          Fri. Mar. 23 East: Notre Dame vs. Michigan Tech ESPN2, TSNGO 3 p.m. 209 / 143
                          Fri. Mar. 23 West: St. Cloud State vs. Air Force ESPNU, TSNGO 4 p.m. 208 / 141
                          Fri. Mar. 23 East: Providence vs. Clarkson ESPNU, TSNGO 6:30 p.m. 208 / 141
                          Fri. Mar. 23 West: Minnesota State vs. Minnesota Duluth ESPN3, TSNGO 7:30 p.m.
                          Sat. Mar. 24 Northeast: Cornell vs. Boston University ESPNEWS, TSNGO 1 p.m. 207 / 142
                          Sat. Mar. 24 Midwest: Ohio State vs. Princeton ESPNU, TSNGO 3:30 p.m. 208 / 141
                          Sat. Mar. 24 Northeast: Michigan vs. Northeastern ESPNEWS, TSNGO 4:30 p.m. 207 / 142
                          Sat. Mar. 24 East Regional Final ESPNU, TSNGO 6 p.m. 208 / 141
                          Sat. Mar. 24 Midwest: Denver vs. Penn State ESPN3, TSNGO 7 p.m.
                          Sat. Mar. 24 West Regional Final ESPN2, TSNGO 9 p.m. 209 / 143
                          Sun. Mar. 25 Northeast Regional Final ESPN2, TSNGO 4 p.m. 209 / 143
                          Sun. Mar. 25 Midwest Regional Final ESPNU, TSNGO 6:30 p.m.
                          Thur. Apr. 5 NCAA Semifinal ESPN2, TSNGO 6 p.m. 209 / 143
                          Thur. Apr. 5 NCAA Semifinal ESPN2, TSNGO 9:30 p.m. 209 / 143
                          Fri. Apr. 6 Hobey Baker Award Presentation NHL Network 6 p.m. 215 / 157
                          Sat. Apr. 7 NCAA Championship ESPN2, TSN2 7:30 p.m. 209 / 143
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                          X