Shannon Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Miller

Jury has sided with Miller in her discrimination lawsuit. $ 3,744,832 for now and more for future lost wages. Wow

Re: Shannon Miller

That's terrible. I feel like that could knock me out of the women's hockey ballgame

Comment

Wish I would have never read that article. I threw up when I saw the amount. And all of us little guys are afraid to take part in class action suits over owed wages in fear of being blackballed from our industries. She complained that she couldn’t find work—after suing her previous employer after not having her contract extended that is... the amount of $ people get for emotional distress is outrageous. University owed her nothing it’s a cut throat job she should know and accept that as a coach. Just like there have been many girls who gave poured their hearts out playing for her only to be cut for not producing results. This should have been settled I can’t say she didn’t have some valid complaints but millions is outrageous. The mens program pays for the womens existence yet she complains about unequal treatment, argh
      I wanna go fast!

Comment

Does the state of Minnesota or UMD specifically 'punish' the women's hockey program over the amount (assuming it stands on appeal, etc)? Could this actually put the program in jeopary, ala U of North Dakota? That would be the worst outcome of all here.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          Does the state of Minnesota or UMD specifically 'punish' the women's hockey program over the amount (assuming it stands on appeal, etc)? Could this actually put the program in jeopary, ala U of North Dakota? That would be the worst outcome of all here.
          That couldn’t be how the UND womens program folded without cuts to mens in addition. Thought title IX was a federal ruling. But the state of ND and MN are completely different
          I wanna go fast!

Comment

So how much did the liars Berlo and Black save UMD?

$3.74M /$215K (I think is how much she was earning) = 17.39 years of salary.

These two are complete pinheads in addition to being lying lowlifes... a disgrace and an embarrassment to UMD. An institution of higher learning. Yeah...well represented.
            Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-15-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
              The mens program pays for the womens existence yet she complains about unequal treatment, argh
              There isn't a college men's hockey program anywhere at any level that pays for the women's hockey program. People that keep thinking and posting this stupid notion just don't have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
                Jury has sided with Miller in her discrimination lawsuit. $ 3,744,832 for now and more for future lost wages. Wow
                A) This award will be appealed and probably be reduced
                B) Totally worth it. That is about 2 years cost for running the program. Yeah a lot of money but not having her toxic presence around the team is worth it.

Comment

The article didn't say anything about the other two...Banford and the bassetball coach whose name I can't recall?

Were they awarded anything or are their cases yet to be heard?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    So how much did the liars Berlo and Lendley save UMD?

$3.74M /$215K (I think is how much she was earning) = 17.39 years of salary.

These two are complete pinheads in addition to being lying lowlifes... a disgrace and an embarrassment to UMD. A institution of higher learning. Yeah...well represented.
                    I haven't done much of any reading about the case, but it didn't take much reading to agree with this. Berlo especially comes off as a real doofus.

Apparently, too, Miller had legitimate Title IX complaints at UMD that went nowhere. Discard all the personal dislike you might have for her and you're still left with Title IX complaints (and I don't know what those were), and the jury found that the complaints had merit.

Comment

The mens program pays for the womens existence yet she complains about unequal treatment, argh
                      I will repeat that the NCAA and its member schools can not use this argument in court, even if it were true. They have claimed, under oath, many times, that revenue generation is not a consideration in how they run their athletic programs. This claim has been essential to winning cases that keep scholarship athletes from being considered employees of the university. They long ago determined that not being legally responsible for the health related damages for those injured in NCAA competition (see: Marc Buoniconti) and not needing to share any of the proceeds from licensing of the athletes' names is more important to them.

Thus, they have no defense when accused of unequal treatment. That's not Shannon Miller's fault.

Comment

That couldn’t be how the UND womens program folded without cuts to mens in addition. Thought title IX was a federal ruling. But the state of ND and MN are completely different
                        My guess is that you know next to nothing about Title IX enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                          My guess is that you know next to nothing about Title IX enforcement.
                          as if you do

"She said she’ll continue to apply for open college hockey jobs and would be honored to have a chance to become the first female coach in the National Hockey League."

maybe she can use the money to pay a shrink to deal with her lost sense of reality

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
                            In this environment of guilty before proved innocent, even if the UMD leadership did everything right, I doubt they would have won a jury trial.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                              as if you do

"She said she’ll continue to apply for open college hockey jobs and would be honored to have a chance to become the first female coach in the National Hockey League."

maybe she can use the money to pay a shrink to deal with her lost sense of reality
                              She should open her own legal consulting firm! I wonder if she ranks this victory right up there with her national championships. With being awarded that amount of money she's got to be considered the "winningest" college coach in history!
                              Last edited by shelfit; 03-16-2018, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X