Holy Cross image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy Cross image

Are you flipping kidding me? This is really getting out of control and I consider myself a liberal on many issues.

Next we'll be changing the name of manhole covers to be more gender neutral.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 03-18-2018, 09:14 AM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Wow, awful lot of snowflakes here who can't handle a university deciding on its own to change something that they feel doesn't accurately represent their values.

Powers &8^]

Comment

One of if not the most well known city of Worcester's museum's is the Higgins Armory museum. Kind of a slap in the face for them too in this PC gone amok business.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          Wow, awful lot of snowflakes here who can't handle a university deciding on its own to change something that they feel doesn't accurately represent their values.

Powers &8^]
          Spring is a-comin’

Snowflakes melt
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
            One of if not the most well known city of Worcester's museum's is the Higgins Armory museum. Kind of a slap in the face for them too in this PC gone amok business.
            bit off topic (but not really)..
            unfortunately that gem of a place closed down few yrs back.. (what a fantastic collection).
            the building now sits empty. mr higgins turning in his grave.. they moved the armor & jousting stuff to the worcester art museum i believe, where it resides on one of the floors. some was sold off to private collection.

went to the higgins armory many a times back in the day.. never got old. unfortunately not too many kids today thought much of it. declining attendance was one of the major reasons they shut down.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Are you flipping kidding me? This is really getting out of control and I consider myself a liberal on many issues.

Next we'll be changing the name of manhole covers to be more gender neutral.
              That's a great idea!! I'll petition my uber blue county council to do just that!!!
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                bit off topic (but not really)..
                unfortunately that gem of a place closed down few yrs back.. (what a fantastic collection).
                the building now sits empty. mr higgins turning in his grave.. they moved the armor & jousting stuff to the worcester art museum i believe, where it resides on one of the floors. some was sold off to private collection.

went to the higgins armory many a times back in the day.. never got old. unfortunately not too many kids today thought much of it. declining attendance was one of the major reasons they shut down.
                That's a shame. It was a fantastic museum. Glad that some of it is still in Worcester though.

Comment

Powers &8^]
                  No, you have it all wrong here, it's not that anybody gives a rats *** if they change their logo, it's just the stupidity of thinking that a schools logo somehow translate into this unbelievable image and impression of a school when one looks at it.

I guess Army is going to change their logo again to flowers!

RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

You are all going to H E double hockey sticks anyway, who cares.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      No, you have it all wrong here, it's not that anybody gives a rats *** if they change their logo, it's just the stupidity of thinking that a schools logo somehow translate into this unbelievable image and impression of a school when one looks at it.

I guess Army is going to change their logo again to flowers!

Well, Army's knight is just a knight, not a Crusader, so there's no negative association there.

As for the other part, I've certainly wondered about Crusader nicknames at Christian schools before. The Crusades really aren't something we should be glorifying.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Powers &8^]
                        So I guess if someone thinks that DU banning Boone makes sense they are a snowflake?
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Yale is screwed, " The records of this period mention a flourishing slave trade in Madras, a trade in which Yale participated and from which he profited. He enforced a law that at least ten slaves should be carried on every ship bound for Europe."

But this part I never knew about Yale and is hilarious, On 5 April 1999, Yale University recognized the 350th anniversary of Yale's birthday.[1] An article that year in American Heritage magazine rated Elihu Yale the "most overrated philanthropist" in American history, arguing that the college that became Yale University was successful largely because of the generosity of a man named Jeremiah Dummer, but that the trustees of the school did not want it known by the name "Dummer College"
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

In my people's words....Oy Vey.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                              No, you have it all wrong here, it's not that anybody gives a rats *** if they change their logo
                              Why are you posting about it if you don't care?

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                Yale is screwed, " The records of this period mention a flourishing slave trade in Madras, a trade in which Yale participated and from which he profited. He enforced a law that at least ten slaves should be carried on every ship bound for Europe."

But this part I never knew about Yale and is hilarious, On 5 April 1999, Yale University recognized the 350th anniversary of Yale's birthday.[1] An article that year in American Heritage magazine rated Elihu Yale the "most overrated philanthropist" in American history, arguing that the college that became Yale University was successful largely because of the generosity of a man named Jeremiah Dummer, but that the trustees of the school did not want it known by the name "Dummer College"
                                The same Governor Dummer of prep school fame??
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X