UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

if any of you will indulge a little informal poll, who would be willing to make the trip to Portland in 2020 to see a Regional in which Maine almost certainly won't participate? (I assume the weekend will set you back around $85 per day for tickets alone, but that might have gone up since last I actually attended such an event.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      if any of you will indulge a little informal poll, who would be willing to make the trip to Portland in 2020 to see a Regional in which Maine almost certainly won't participate? (I assume the weekend will set you back around $85 per day for tickets alone, but that might have gone up since last I actually attended such an event.)
      I almost certainly would not go in that circumstance living out of state and with a few kids.

But, Maine will almost certainly make that regional.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I didn’t think attendance was very good, but not sure how much money they made/lost.
        I was there and thought the attendance was good....but what I was trying to figure out is did Maine lose money as they had to pay for the Ice-Breaker and for the three teams...so there had to be a break even point?

Comment

If I am retired: YES....still working: NOPE.

Comment

If it’s a collection of NCHC and B1G teams populating the regional, no I probably won’t go. If there’s a HEA team Id like to see in it, I probably would go. And I’m an optimist, so I’d say there’s a shot Maine is playing in it by then, in which case I would defintely be there.

Comment

I would go, spend the weekend in Portland. if Maine was there it would be sold out. Love to see North Dakota
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I wouldnt be getting tickets months out, Id wait and see who was in it and if the price cratered. If i have to pay a little more because its a good draw so be it

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  I almost certainly would not go in that circumstance living out of state and with a few kids.

But, Maine will almost certainly make that regional.
                  If Maine was in it I'd pay a lot for whole family. Because it has been a while.

Comment

Since it would be a whopping 25 minute trek, I suppose I could make it.

Odds are I'd be covering the games though, so I'll save the $85 for concessions.

Comment

Living in Portland, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Since it would be a whopping 25 minute trek, I suppose I could make it.

Odds are I'd be covering the games though, so I'll save the $85 for concessions.
                        25 minutes? You are one of the lucky. Had a house in Hollis. Miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          Living in Portland, absolutely.
                          I'd have to make a 6-hour drive to even show up. I'd probably need to have a dog in the hunt (say, UML, where my nephews went, and very certainly Maine, should lightening strike in 2020, but nobody else) to even consider dropping $200 on the games.

I'd expect the Boston-area fans to attend if enough of their teams make the field... But for the rest of us, with every game on TV at no additional expense, never mind the drive, the lodging, etc., it might well be iffy.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-16-2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I'd have to make a 6-hour drive to even show up. I'd probably need to have a dog in the hunt (Say, UML, where my nephews went, and very certainly Maine, should lightening strike in 2020) to even consider dropping $200 on the games... But I'd expect the Boston-area fans to attend if enough of their teams make the field.
                            You had nephews go to UML? Actually I am a huge proponent of UML. Not from hockey, from engineering. Who are your nephews?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              You had nephews go to UML? Actually I am a huge proponent of UML. Not from hockey, from engineering. Who are your nephews?
                              They both earned degrees from UML, and are both gainfully employed in the bio-med tech business as we speak. Neither of them are much into hockey, but I'm proud of them, and a bit of a Lowell fan as a result.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-16-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

They both earned degrees from UML, and are both gainfully employed in the bio-med tech business as we speak. Neither of them are much into hockey, but I'm proud of them, and a bit of a Lowell fan as a result.
                                We employ a lot Lowell grads. I am an engineering type, you know that.

Comment

Working...
                                X