Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    May or may not be true, but I have heard he had a difficult time adjusting to college life. Don't know details. Really not unusual for many student athletes. If true, he may indeed be gone. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Seeing as Maine hasn't been in NCAAs in years I guess they won't. Air Force actually wins a game or 2 in NCAAs.
      So I guess that I don't get what y'all want from this program...??? We all want the team to win games & make the tourney. I look at who is in the tourney and who is winning games...D-3 schools....schools in remote locations. Then I listen to the constant drum beat of negativity on here. How Maine...a program with a great history & great fan base....can't win because the school is located in a "remote" location. I don't buy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        They will compete with them just like any other opponent... let their forwards in alone on Swayman 5 times in the game, and take a few frustration penalties with one being in the last 5 minutes of the game.
        Dark! 🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          So I guess that I don't get what y'all want from this program...??? We all want the team to win games & make the tourney. I look at who is in the tourney and who is winning games...D-3 schools....schools in remote locations. Then I listen to the constant drum beat of negativity on here. How Maine...a program with a great history & great fan base....can't win because the school is located in a "remote" location. I don't buy it.
          I dont really buy it either. Except maybe midwest kids who seem to keep close like MN. Location is relative. These guys will go where they think their career will do the best combined with getting a degree for some anyway. If they get to the paying level they can always end up in undesireable places, like peoria.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
            May or may not be true, but I have heard he had a difficult time adjusting to college life. Don't know details. Really not unusual for many student athletes. If true, he may indeed be gone. Time will tell.
            He must not be a scholastic type, not to mention going to school as a freshman at 21 must be a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
              I don't think they don't win because they are in a remote location, they don't win because they aren't good enough to win. I see the same team Maine has had for 5 years with the exception of a good goalie.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                Dark! 🤔
                I was trying to compete given all the parody.

Comment

I don't think they don't win because they are in a remote location, they don't win because they aren't good enough to win. I see the same team Maine has had for 5 years with the exception of a good goalie.
                  That is the difference this year from teams the last 4 years, goaltending is solid...without Swayman this team would have won 8,9...maybe 10 games instead of 18.

Comment

Remote location only applies to kids you are recruiting inside 495 loop or south into Conn. Other than that it doesn't make any sense. If you look at travel for a lot of juniors in Canada and in USHL, you'd think Maine is a walk in the park for travel schedule purposes. In fact, Maine has been recruiting kids from Georgia, TN, etc...

Comment

I see more depth on the forward lines. Maine actually ranked high for offense. Much different compared to the beginning of Red's first few years.

Comment

Providence is done. Scoring 1 goal per game will only get you so far.

Comment

Won't be hard with these *******.

Comment

They block *****?

Comment

Begins with a p ends with a y?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                They block *****?
                                Yes. Why are you surprised?

Comment

Working...
                                X