Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I don't think this is a huge deal when everyone is available, if Michel or Keeper gets hurt this becomes really painful though. With Holway gone Spicer better be ready to step up.
    did you smoke dinner ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      did you smoke dinner ?

Do you think he’s a lot better than Michel or Keeper?
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

This evidently warrants in fighting.

Truth be told, Maine is going up. If you choose not to be a part, so be it.

I had the privilege of listening to Jauques speach.

Don't worry, and yes I didn't smoke dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          did you smoke dinner ?

Stop

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            did you smoke dinner ?

I would rather have a team that believes than one that doesn't.

Speed, skills, talent.... can never replace a team. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              No, but that's not the point. The point is, think of who has to step into the lineup now that hes gone. We already have Butala trying to replace Hamilton, and now there's only so many options to replace Holway. You could go with a complete unknown who hasn't played for Maine yet (Spicer), a seemingly talented but raw player (VMT, who's injured anyway), or a mediocre player who barely scratches the roster (Becker). That's about it. Would you rather any of those over Holway?

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                No, but that's not the point. The point is, think of who has to step into the lineup now that hes gone. We already have Butala trying to replace Hamilton, and now there's only so many options to replace Holway. You could go with a complete unknown who hasn't played for Maine yet (Spicer), a seemingly talented but raw player (VMT, who's injured anyway), or a mediocre player who barely scratches the roster (Becker). That's about it. Would you rather any of those over Holway?
                I agree Maine is better with him. Where Maine has Michel, Keeper, and Muehlbauer I feel good about the right side of the D. I'm not a fan of having two righties paired together on D and Holway wasn't the answer to those issues. It will be tough if Tiru is out for awhile, although I thought Becker looks much improved.

Any idea how Spicer, Hock, Rennaker, and Lindelow have looked? It would be nice if Maine could get contributions from one or two of them.

Comment

I agree Maine is better with him. Where Maine has Michel, Keeper, and Muehlbauer I feel good about the right side of the D. I'm not a fan of having two righties paired together on D and Holway wasn't the answer to those issues. It will be tough if Tiru is out for awhile, although I thought Becker looks much improved.

Any idea how Spicer, Hock, Rennaker, and Lindelow have looked? It would be nice if Maine could get contributions from one or two of them.
                  If you can protect the front of Swayman. Maine can win games. Butala and Spicer can.

Comment

I mean, of course I'd love for Spicer to come in and blow everyone away and be the shutdown we need so badly, I just don't think this loss can be brushed off as nothing. I've also never been a huge fan of Muehlbauer, so I would estimate that Maine has three solid, proven D at the moment.

Comment

IMO, I think Holway is a huge lost to the team...but others may think other wise...either way they [team/coaches] will have to deal with the cards they are dealt with...more or less move on and make the best of what they have in place starting tonight.

Comment

its not a question of better. its a question of depth. Maine hasnt had any depth for years. Any loss hurts. This is going to hurt the team.
                        Hopefully what ever is going on, Holway is ok, after all its only hockey.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Holway is a big loss for the hopes of this season. Many games last year he was the best player on the ice at the moment.
                          - Really good at moving the puck out of the d zone with good forward passes.
                          - Can make great pass up ice to breaking forward
                          - PP threat when on ice
                          - Good hands and puck skills

Too bad really

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Hopefully what ever is going on, Holway is ok, after all its only hockey.

Yes, for sure.
                            Well wishes to Patrick
                            Hopefully this was a decision over hockey.

Comment

RPI only won 3-2 last night. PEI might be a little better than we expect, but third night in a row is awfully tough.

Comment

RPI only won 3-2 last night. PEI might be a little better than we expect, but third night in a row is awfully tough.
                                RPI isn't very good though, unless they had a great class come in I'm not aware of. I still think Maine should comfortably win.

Comment

Working...
                                X