Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
    Leeman would probably be a great candidate but would he want to leave Providence?
    I'm guessing way more money at UMinn. Salary and other opportunities.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Yeh, and 7000 at each game. What a program that would be to get hold of. Red?

Comment

Slightly off topic, but some people might like to read about Colby assistant and former Black Bear Latendresse and his success this season...

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/03/...-behind-bench/

Comment

Got to wonder if Leaman OR Bazin will make minnies list of candidates.

Watch for Grant Potulny, current Coach @ Northern Michigan and former Minnesota Golden Gopher player.

Comment

Big announcement from the hockey office!!

Tickets for the banquet are now on sale.

Comment

Got to wonder if Leaman OR Bazin will make minnies list of candidates.

Pretty sure they want a Minny alum...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Pretty sure they want a Minny alum...
                Stupid, I'd take leaman over some guy who happened to play for woog or worse Lucia. Might bring some new ideas to the program.

Comment

Stupid, I'd take leaman over some guy who happened to play for woog or worse Lucia. Might bring some new ideas to the program.

Potulny has turned Northern Michigan around in a hurry, unlike, say, a Gendron, who had the advantage of working at a school with better visibility, and has accomplished pretty-much nothing... I would guess that Potulny is on the radar at Minnesota, and everywhere else that there's a D-1 vacancy.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-21-2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Potulny has turned Northern Michigan around in a hurry, unlike, say, a Gendron, who had the advantage of working at a school with better visibility, and has accomplished pretty-much nothing... I would guess that Potulny is on the radar at Minnesota, and everywhere else that there's a D-1 vacancy.
                    Yeah, the expectations at nmu and at Minnesota are pretty different. Red ain't getting the job at Minnesota

Comment

Two year extension

Comment

Odds this team makes an NCAA tourney appearance in the next three years? 30 percent ish?

Read the Yahoo NCAA preciew yesterday and found it telling Quinn basically said the BU game after world jrs was the worst coaching decisions hed made. And that was Maines one good win all year!

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Expected & probably a good move at this point. Do any of us really want to start at ground zero...again? Best case scenario: Maine makes the NCAA tourney over the next couple of years & Gendron steps down at the end of his extension.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            Odds this team makes an NCAA tourney appearance in the next three years? 30 percent ish?

Read the Yahoo NCAA preciew yesterday and found it telling Quinn basically said the BU game after world jrs was the worst coaching decisions hed made. And that was Maines one good win all year!
                            If Maine is going to make the tournament next year is the time. Not only will we be well into Red's recruits, the Hockey East schedule is very favorable. Lowell, Northeastern, Providence and Boston College all at home for a pair, plus a home date vs Boston University. Road trips next season are at #4 BU, #5 UConn, #9 Vermont, #10 Merrimack and #11 New Hampshire. Single roadies at BC and UMA. Don't know what non-conference has in store beyond the pair in Duluth, but conference play should be a huge positive for UMaine.

Comment

I read on here some time ago that York was getting $576,000 a year and "The Don" was pulling down something like $500,00. Lots of empty seats during games I viewed this season unlike in the past when they were winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                I read on here some time ago that York was getting $576,000 a year and "The Don" was pulling down something like $500,00. Lots of empty seats during games I viewed this season unlike in the past when they were winning.
                                Empty seats compared to PC?

Comment

Working...
                                X