Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    This release doesn't mention Mundinger, but has Shea going to Florida's camp.
    https://goblackbears.com/news/2018/6...ent-camps.aspx
    The one I received had Mundinger @ N.Y.Rangers...but oh well, no big deal....right?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      That might be a good thing for Maine.

How are people feeling about next year right now? I have a gut feeling it might be a bit disappointing. I don’t think Maine will be bad, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they wind up in fifth or sixth place again and it’s kind of a wasted year.
      I think they will be a solid 5th place team in Hockey East, BC, BU at the top with both Providence and UMass-Lowell battling for the 3-4 spot....Maine's schedule looks on the good side imo with say 18 wins 14 losses 2 ties and on the bad side, 15 wins 15 losses 4 ties....but then its only late June...…………….

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        The one I received had Mundinger @ N.Y.Rangers...but oh well, no big deal....right?
        No big deal. Hopefully they both are going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

How are people feeling about next year right now? I have a gut feeling it might be a bit disappointing. I don’t think Maine will be bad, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they wind up in fifth or sixth place again and it’s kind of a wasted year.
          Always look forward to seeing the veteran players and the incoming guys in the early season. Probably, fustration will set in after winter break. My expectations are not high but expect to see improvement in discipline and defense.

Comment

I saw Malcom Hayes is playing for UAA this year...
            http://www.ktuu.com/content/sports/U...486876131.html

Comment

Article on Swayman's play at Maine and Bruins goalie depth...
              http://www.telegram.com/news/2018062...ains-confident

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I think it will be an interesting upcoming year in Hockey East. In my opinion, there's a clear top two (BC, PC) and a clear bottom two (MC, NH). The rest could finish in really any order. I genuinely think Maine could finish anywhere from third to finishing ninth and missing the playoffs. Realistically, I peg them to finish fourth or fifth as it stands right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  I saw Malcom Hayes is playing for UAA this year...
                  http://www.ktuu.com/content/sports/U...486876131.html
                  I just saw that as well. What can you tell me about him? I wonder if he will have to sit out a year, with the new rules and all.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    I just saw that as well. What can you tell me about him? I wonder if he will have to sit out a year, with the new rules and all.
                    He give's 100 percent...but after that I don't think he'll make a big difference for your team. He showed flashes {some} when he played, but he also took bad penalty's....all in all he's maybe a depth player.

Comment

First, he can play right away... since he graduated with undergrad degree. He just has to enroll full time in a graduate degree program at UAA.

He is a big rugged power forward that converted to forward after playing defense in college prep. He is a touch slow and struggled at consistently scoring. He does go to thenetfront well and can battle there, set screens, etc... Hopefully he does well there, but I doubt he makes a major impact for your team. He wasn't able to crack Maine's line up.

Comment

Malcolm has been hurt also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Also he played in wrong era, if he played in 80s, 90s he could be a difference maker as hits like a truck. Now it's a penalty when you can hear a hit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

https://www.uscho.com/stats/player/m...malcolm-hayes/ I'm guessing this will be his last year of organized hockey.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              He give's 100 percent...but after that I don't think he'll make a big difference for your team. He showed flashes {some} when he played, but he also took bad penalty's....all in all he's maybe a depth player.
                              Yea, we nick named him the "wrecking ball" for his ability to hammer a guy on one side of the ice, then skate to the other side and hammer a guy over there, usually several seconds after the puck has moved on. He took some of boarding calls as I recall.

As far as sitting out a year, he graduated last year, so he should be good to go as a grad student.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                                Yea, we nick named him the "wrecking ball" for his ability to hammer a guy on one side of the ice, then skate to the other side and hammer a guy over there, usually several seconds after the puck has moved on. He took some of boarding calls as I recall.

As far as sitting out a year, he graduated last year, so he should be good to go as a grad student.
                                Gotta have skates in ncaa.

Comment

Working...
                                X