Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    A post by Tralmaks on social media confirms that Fossier will don an A on his sweater this season.
    You can see letters worn in team photo too...
    https://twitter.com/MaineIceHockey/s...694598656?s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      You can see letters worn in team photo too...
      https://twitter.com/MaineIceHockey/s...694598656?s=19
      I just realized that today, I thought I was way ahead of the curve but turns out everyone already knew, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        I just realized that today, I thought I was way ahead of the curve but turns out everyone already knew, lol.
        They announced the captains at the awards banquet. I posted it here at the time. But maybe you missed it since it was off season. Here is a link to my the post covering it... You can go to 26 minute mark...
        http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6662636

But the pictures are up on the roster too. The only thing left now is to fix the bios area describing each players past on the profiles of all the first year players.

Comment

Anyone know if they fixed the ticket seating fiasco yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Anyone know if they fixed the ticket seating fiasco yet?
            appears to be

https://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...ode=HSING&cgc=
            UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Maine voted 30th in uscho preseason poll

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Ouch. I personally would put them somewhere between 18 and 23.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

About what I expected, maybe a tad below. I was correct though when I guessed they'd end up in the "others recoving votes" category.

Comment

Not sure if this was posted before: Paul Kariya opens up on playing career, Stevens hit and retirement (Published on Nov 11, 2017)
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1l31TA0MLA

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyj65 View Post
                      Not sure if this was posted before: Paul Kariya opens up on playing career, Stevens hit and retirement (Published on Nov 11, 2017)
                      Thank you for posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyj65 View Post
                        Thanks for the link. Very good stuff.

PK was born too early, just as Martin St. Louis was. Goons such as Stevens were not simply tolerated back then, but actually celebrated. It was the WWE on skates, a complete disgrace, and a huge injustice to the truly talented players of that era.

That cheap shot still makes me want to vomit. Stevens wasn't worth a pinch of s*** compared to Paulie, and he wasn't even whistled on that play. If PK had broken into the league in 2005 or so, he'd have re-written the record book by now, while Stevens *might* have cracked some bad team's 4th line. Maybe.

Very happy to see that Paul is doing well right now, in any case. And again, thanks for posting the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Ouch. I personally would put them somewhere between 18 and 23.
                          Jeez Drew, ya think..?

Maine was like 30-35 PW last year, and have essentially added nothing but warm bodies. I don't consider the team to be an awful group -there was some depth of decent players there- but I'll certainly will be surprised if they are anywhere near an NCAA berth this year.

Red has over-stayed his welcome by a mile, IMO. I see more of the same for yet another season.

Still, we'll spend and travel and hope for a miracle...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Jeez Drew, ya think..?

Maine was like 30-35 PW last year, and have essentially added nothing but warm bodies. I don't consider the team to be an awful group -there was some depth of decent players there- but I'll certainly will be surprised if they are anywhere near an NCAA berth this year.

Red has over-stayed his welcome by a mile, IMO. I see more of the same for yet another season.

Its interesting to watch what long timers say about this years version of Maine hockey. I dont see them in top 4 in HE. They have a good goalie though and that can prove to be the great equalizer.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              Jeez Drew, ya think..?

I think you are being a bit pessimistic on the new additions. For example, only two players had higher ratings(by nuetral zones scouts) than Dawe and Schmidt-Svestrup. Those two were Pearson and Swayman. So I don't agree they added "nothing but warm bodies". Perhaps we need to wait for at least a handful of games before making such premature judgements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Jeez Drew, ya think..?

Who do you see in Hockey East that is better than Maine? I think BC will be the best team in the league by some distance and certainly better than Maine. After that I expect BU and Providence to finish ahead of Maine, but I don’t feel great about that prediction. UMass is getting a lot of hype, but they need to prove they can get decent goaltending. After that I just don’t see much quality.

As BlackI said Dawe and Schmidt are nice additions. If Smiley can have a bounce back year that would be huge. I worry about Maine’s top couple lines having enough firepower, but the rest of the team I feel pretty good about. I’m not expecting some sort of massive improvement, but see Maine going from middle of the pack to borderline NCAA team.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X