X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    That sucks
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      He went to the Kings' camp last year. It's actually a good thing. He gets to spend a few weeks playing with top notch talent and pick up some pointers to get even better. The odds of him staying aren't that considerable.

Comment

That doesn’t mean he’s gone, at least not this year. What it does mean is he probably won’t last four years here.

Comment

Maybe and Maybe not...heard about this last week and more or less sounds like the Canucks are having these players in during the development camp in the summer, lot's of players do it, some leave and some return back to there college team. Thinking here is that Michuad talks to Keeper and gives him some sound advice in going from college game to a higher level...is he {Keeper} ready..??? Not after what I've seen this season, needs some more seasoning/practice....he's more of a flight risk after his Junior year...not after his Freshman year. {imo}.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            I said two months ago I hope the extension has U friendly buy out terms we dont know about so we can cry about it here and the program can have an out if they suck next year. Im not conceding that didnt happen. Who knows whats the buy out terms are/were even if they “didnt change.”

I also want to ammend my last statement about NCAA odds. What are even the odds this team makes the Garden in the next 3 years? 35 percent ish? Its been 6 years already. Has to be the longest in Maine history.
            Bottom line here is the University Higher Up's in the Athletic department have to be the one's that runs the program in that Contracts are hammered out to benefit the Program, yes both sides have to be in agreement for this to go smoothly...but then he has had 5 years...which in turn has not been a benefit to the Program...I know the deal is in place and now there's 3 years of paid contract to look at if this blows up next season...buy-outs hurt. That's why he was in no position to configure his deal...should have been, Maine adds a year to his present extension with a opt out clause....improve have a plan in place or after the end of the hockey season the AD will decide to opt out and pay him only a 25% payout on the extended deal. NOT HAPPENING....Earn your Keep.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              He went to the Kings' camp last year. It's actually a good thing. He gets to spend a few weeks playing with top notch talent and pick up some pointers to get even better. The odds of him staying aren't that considerable.
              I hope so, for Maine's sake. What has me worried is that they said they have a lack of 22 year old(or less) right shot defensemen depth in their farm.

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to...men-1.23165181

And they used words of signing...

Signing free agents out of college hockey is a great way to provide a boost to a prospect system without spending assets in a trade or a pick in the draft. The Canucks have had pretty good luck with free agent defencemen out of the NCAA: two of their current right-handed defencemen, Chris Tanev and Troy Stecher, came to the Canucks by that route.

Comment

Air Force took down Saint Cloud.

Michigan Tech and Notre Dame went to OT and Notre Dame fortunate to move on.

Great hockey games so far.

Comment

I hope so, for Maine's sake. What has me worried is that they said they have a lack of 22 year old(or less) right shot defensemen depth in their farm.

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to...men-1.23165181

And they used words of signing...
                  Maybe, but Tanev was eight years ago and Stetcher went after his junior year.

Comment

Fun games to watch, love it when air force beats anyone in tourney. Notre Dame looked like the better team .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Fun games to watch, love it when air force beats anyone in tourney. Notre Dame looked like the better team .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      But the stretch where they couldn't get fresh legs, then the puck trickles near the goaline and defensemen dove to save it behind his goalie... exciting game for sure.

Comment

How will Maine ever be able to compete with the likes of Air Force & Michigan Tech?

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                          How will Maine ever be able to compete with the likes of Air Force & Michigan Tech?
                          If Maine joined the AHA or WCHA they might.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            If Maine joined the AHA or WCHA they might.
                            I guess the same could be said for North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, BC and UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                              Seeing as Maine hasn't been in NCAAs in years I guess they won't. Air Force actually wins a game or 2 in NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                                They will compete with them just like any other opponent... let their forwards in alone on Swayman 5 times in the game, and take a few frustration penalties with one being in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X