X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

2 0 maine in first

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

tralmaks with a beauty from doherty

Comment

Dawe and Schmidt look as advertised, very nice additions. I haven’t noticed Butala very much, which isn’t a bad thing for a dman. It’s hard to see Hock ever having much impact.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

JSS with a nice PP goal

Comment

Dawe with a nice goal

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Dawe and Schmidt look as advertised, very nice additions. I haven’t noticed Butala very much, which isn’t a bad thing for a dman. It’s hard to see Hock ever having much impact.
              Smith actually looked solid in the first on defense.

I haven't seen Spicer or VMT. Are they even playing? I started watching late and about a half hour behind real time.

JSS and Dawe look great and give the power play a couple more skilled players to help move the puck. Dawe seems to make something out of nothing with nimble quick moves. Like the hustle out of JSS to go with his skill.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Smith actually looked solid in the first on defense.

I haven't seen Spicer or VMT. Are they even playing? I started watching late and about a half hour behind real time.

JSS and Dawe look great and give the power play a couple more skilled players to help move the puck. Dawe seems to make something out of nothing with nimble quick moves. Like the hustle out of JSS to go with his skill.
                Spicer not in the lineup, I've heard around that VMT is injured. I've liked what I've seen a lot from Dawe and JSS, both have some skills. Dawe also has some fight in him, he wont back down from anyone just because hes small.

Comment

Saw more of Butala in the second and thought he looked solid. If VMT isn’t out for too long I still feel good about Maine’s D.

Comment

UPEI are really hacking it up. Maine will be lucky to get out of this game with no injuries.

That JSS goal is how he scored a lot for Fargo last season. One time feeds from left side goal line.

Comment

Maine pp needs to get pass and shot off quicker. They get the goalie moving but he is set again once they take the shot

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Maine pp needs to get pass and shot off quicker. They get the goalie moving but he is set again once they take the shot

I am wondering if you meant just on one power play... probably one I haven't gotten to yet.

I would say the power play has looked deadly. According to live stats Maine is 4 for 6 on the power play tonight.

Comment

Well, it was a nice win against a dirty and frustrated team. It was clear Maine was better, but this was their third straight night playing a D1 team and it was clear they were tired. Not sure how good of a read we could get, but early signs were encouraging. I liked Dawe and JSS.

Comment

I thought Butala put in a solid game. I didn't notice many mistakes. He made a few good plays and registered a couple blocked shots while taking a few from the point. One was clearly a pass where he was hoping for a Maine forward to tip the puck.

Comment

yeah, early in third. Looked like last year, a step slow
                              Freshman looked good but this weekend will tell the tale.
                              I thought team looked good but its hard to tell as I know nothing about pei.
                              Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              I am wondering if you meant just on one power play... probably one I haven't gotten to yet.

I would say the power play has looked deadly. According to live stats Maine is 4 for 6 on the power play tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                yeah, early in third. Looked like last year, a step slow
                                Freshman looked good but this weekend will tell the tale.
                                I thought team looked good but its hard to tell as I know nothing about pei.

In games like last night’s I focus more on individual players than the team as a whole. Given how good Schmidt, Dawe, and Butlala looked I would rate it an unmitigated success.

Does anyone know why Shea and Pearson didn’t play?

Comment

Working...
                                X