Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Who do you see in Hockey East that is better than Maine? I think BC will be the best team in the league by some distance and certainly better than Maine. After that I expect BU and Providence to finish ahead of Maine, but I don’t feel great about that prediction. UMass is getting a lot of hype, but they need to prove they can get decent goaltending. After that I just don’t see much quality.
    To flip that on you, how many teams do you see that are substantially worse than Maine? Merrimack, UNH, maybe UVM? It seems like 4-8 or 4-9 is going to be fairly jumbled. Maine could finish 7th or 8th as easily as 4th or 5th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Who do you see in Hockey East that is better than Maine? I think BC will be the best team in the league by some distance and certainly better than Maine. After that I expect BU and Providence to finish ahead of Maine, but I don’t feel great about that prediction. UMass is getting a lot of hype, but they need to prove they can get decent goaltending. After that I just don’t see much quality.

As BlackI said Dawe and Schmidt are nice additions. If Smiley can have a bounce back year that would be huge. I worry about Maine’s top couple lines having enough firepower, but the rest of the team I feel pretty good about. I’m not expecting some sort of massive improvement, but see Maine going from middle of the pack to borderline NCAA team.
      I agree that Maine will be a bubble team for the big tournament (I still think theyll miss), but a 5th place finish is probably the most realistic. I think Maine did improve, as JSS is an upgrade over Vesey, Dawe over Lacroix, and Butala over Hamilton, but BC and PC just have the talent and depth, and if BU plays to their potential they should be an easy top 3 finisher. And I for one am fully on the Minuteman hype train; they're adding the top goal scorer in the USHL and a World Junior caliber goalie from Finland (his name is Filip Lindberg). I think Maine did improve, but some other teams did too around them. Even UML could still hang around if they can stabilize in the crease.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
        To flip that on you, how many teams do you see that are substantially worse than Maine? Merrimack, UNH, maybe UVM? It seems like 4-8 or 4-9 is going to be fairly jumbled. Maine could finish 7th or 8th as easily as 4th or 5th.
        I think Maine is definitely better than Connecticut too, but I wouldn't call the difference substantial.

Comment

If Swayman can be the difference maker then Maine has the lineup to come in @ 5th in Hockey East...BC/BU will always be loaded, Providence with Leaman and his style of play will sit in @ 3rd and never/ever count out a Norm Bazin team, especially after not having a typical season under him...they will rebound and come in 4th....I also believe that UMass will be the wild-card team that each and every night this team will give everyone fits....where they finish...6th or 7th.?

Comment

I wonder if there will be a Hockey East coaches poll. Did I miss it? Traditionally it's done toward the end of September.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
              I wonder if there will be a Hockey East coaches poll. Did I miss it? Traditionally it's done toward the end of September.
              Yes, Maine is in last.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Yes, Maine is in last.
                Based on my brief research, this appears to be fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Comment

Yes it was to illustrate a certain point.

Comment

This version men's team is war machine...

https://youtu.be/LJn-R8BEIYw

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Most likely the first of next week...media and coaches. That's my guess....

Comment

it was released end of last season. preseason polls are the most useless list in all of sports just a regurgitation of final standings.
                          UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Women's Exhibition Hockey @ Alfond 2-night: Maine 7 UNB 0

Comment

I don't think 4th or 5th is out of the question and I also believe performances by JSS and Dawe will play and important role in my prediction. My optimism hasn't been strong over the past few years but I have a feeling, just saying!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                I don't think 4th or 5th is out of the question and I also believe performances by JSS and Dawe will play and important role in my prediction. My optimism hasn't been strong over the past few years but I have a feeling, just saying!!!!!!
                                I believe Butala can and perhaps 50/50 Spicer can protect net front. If that happens...

Comment

Working...
                                X