UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Great story lots of depth. Greg Moore’s tremendous and ntdp connections are important maybe someday he’ll save the Bears
    Always enjoyed watching him play, strong skater.
    Bet Red would like a couple Greg Moore's on this team!

Comment

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Jeremy Swayman is forgoing his remaining three years of eligibility and going pro.

Comment

Your source??????

Comment

[QUOTE=ticapnews;6649391]Jeremy Swayman is forgoing his remaining three years of eligibility and going pro.[/QUOTE

April Fools Joke?
          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Or the Easter Bunny!!!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=GoBlackBears;6649395]
              Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Jeremy Swayman is forgoing his remaining three years of eligibility and going pro.[/QUOTE

April Fools Joke?

One Facebooker wrote the Pats traded for OBJ

Comment

I posted over in the Hockey East: A New Big 4? thread that I would revisit the thread and that I had compiled every Hockey East team's overall, regular season, league, non-conference, HEA tournament and NCAA tournament records for each season they have been in Hockey East into a workbook. I further compiled standings for the past 5, 10 and all seasons for each team in each category, as well as a combined HEA and NCAA postseason records and I compiled records of every Hockey East Coach that took over after the league formed (i.e., Coaches Ceglarski (BC), Parker (BU), Riley (UL), Anderson (MC), Holt (UNH), Flaman (NU) and Sterling (PC) are not included) through their first 8 seasons (if they lasted that long).

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                I also want to ammend my last statement about NCAA odds. What are even the odds this team makes the Garden in the next 3 years? 35 percent ish? Its been 6 years already. Has to be the longest in Maine history.
                Regarding Maine not making the Hockey East semifinals, yes the six year drought is the longest in the team's history, double the next longest drought (2007-2009).

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                I do realize that people want to avoid another so-called "re-build", but the fact of the matter is that every single year of Red's tenure has looked exactly like a rebuild to me, if not -more accurately- a regression as often as not.
                Coach Gendron had one of the best first seasons as a head coach of a team in Hockey East, fifth out of 25 coaches, but after five seasons his cumulative record is 18th (up from 21st after four seasons). It was also the first time his cumulative winning percentage rose.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

off topic a bit.. did admin ban Black1? He went a bit over the top with all the threads last night.. & the new ones he started this morning.. but nothing malicious, was trying hard for april fools.
                  He's quite funny. Anyway, hope he is allowed back.. harmless really. And a lot of energy for Maine hockey.
                  carry on..
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    off topic a bit.. did admin ban Black1? He went a bit over the top with all the threads last night.. & the new ones he started this morning.. but nothing malicious, was trying hard for april fools.
                    He's quite funny. Anyway, hope he is allowed back.. harmless really. And a lot of energy for Maine hockey.
                    carry on..
                    If he were banned or suspended his title wouldn't be Registered User, it would change accordingly. He just hasn't posted since yesterday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      Location matters less than money. Maine may outspend Tech, but I'd wager Tech's spend on hockey is closer to the top of its conference (Minnesota State? Probably the Alaskas on pure dollars but that's all travel) than Maine's hockey spending is to BU/BC/PC/NU. Yes there will be year to year anomalies, but I bet if you made a chart ranking each conference annually by spending and one each year by conference standings, they'd be pretty similar. Spend more money, get better results.
                      Since I already had each school's reported hockey expenses (except Army) from 2010 through 2016 I created a workbook with each conference's team's expenses vs league finishes for those seasons. There really isn't a lot of correlation between expenses and league finish.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        Since I already had each school's reported hockey expenses (except Army) from 2010 through 2016 I created a workbook with each conference's team's expenses vs league finishes for those seasons. There really isn't a lot of correlation between expenses and league finish.

Sean
                        This is awesome, thank you, but I'm not sure I really agree with the conclusion. I am going to play with this a lot. My early observations are that UMass gets a crappy bang for its buck, and that PC's trip into the top half of the league coincided pretty closely to it upping its spending.

Comment

So this is quick and dirty, but by average spend over the seven years (only teams that were in HE the whole time):

1. BC
                          2. BU
                          3. PC
                          4. UNH
                          5. Northeastern
                          6. UMA
                          7. UML
                          8. Maine
                          9. Vermont
                          10. Merrimack

And by average finish:

1. BC
                          2. BU
                          3. UML
                          4. UNH
                          5. PC
                          6. Maine
                          7. Northeastern
                          8. Merrimack
                          9. UVM
                          10. UMA

UMA needs to get better at spending money, I guess. UML gets great bang for the buck. 4 of the top 5 are the same (BC/BU/PC/UNH).

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            So this is quick and dirty, but by average spend over the seven years (only teams that were in HE the whole time):

1. BC
                            2. BU
                            3. PC
                            4. UNH
                            5. Northeastern
                            6. UMA
                            7. UML
                            8. Maine
                            9. Vermont
                            10. Merrimack

And by average finish:

1. BC
                            2. BU
                            3. UML
                            4. UNH
                            5. PC
                            6. Maine
                            7. Northeastern
                            8. Merrimack
                            9. UVM
                            10. UMA

UMA needs to get better at spending money, I guess. UML gets great bang for the buck. 4 of the top 5 are the same (BC/BU/PC/UNH).
                            To make that meaningful you'd have to subtract scholarship funds. A free ride at BC or BU costs more than at a state school. That would give a more accurate accounting of each school's true expenses for ice hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              To make that meaningful you'd have to subtract scholarship funds. A free ride at BC or BU costs more than at a state school. That would give a more accurate accounting of each school's true expenses for ice hockey.
                              That is true. The accounting standards certainly vary widely, as well. My math is at work, I think BC's average spend was double Maine's (roughly). Whether 20 scholarships accounts for $2M, I can't tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                carry on..
                                I don't think they banned me yet. I made jokes for a purpose but didn't want to ruin Easter for folks. So the ones that saw early am got a chuckle. it was a joke with an expiration date so to speak. I deleted after that and had busy easter myself.

No worries, I promise to be back to my goofy "loveable" self.

Or else not. news is slow this time of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X