• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
    The 2018-2019 roster has been posted:

https://goblackbears.com/roster.aspx...2&path=mhockey

Items of note:

- Simon Butala is wearing #6 (Oliver Herner is not listed on the roster)

- Samuel Rennaker is listed and wearing #13

- Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup is wearing #14

- Edward Lindelow is wearing #21

- Adam Dawe is wearing #24 (Peter Housakos is not listed on the roster)

Thoughts?
    It looks like some of the bios are wrong. I don’t even know who would have Lindleow’s. Maybe there is a mystery dman joining the team?
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

yea, the bio on UMO's site doesn't quite match Elite Prospects; https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...dward-lindelow.

Also says Rennaker is the son of Kaisa and Reijo Tiuraniemi and that he played on the Finland National Team!?!

I'm guessing UMO has a student intern doing the bios...

Comment

Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
        yea, the bio on UMO's site doesn't quite match Elite Prospects; https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...dward-lindelow.

Also says Rennaker is the son of Kaisa and Reijo Tiuraniemi and that he played on the Finland National Team!?!

I'm guessing UMO has a student intern doing the bios...
        Looks like they copied bios from existing players as a placeholder before they get the info needed. Probably they released earlier than they were supposed too.

My guess is we have to wait for and update when they play the first exabition game.

Go Blue! Evidently there is a rally in Orono today.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          I dont get fox sports so didnt see it. Rhody beat Delaware also. 2 ranked teams lost

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Huge win for football. Complete domination vs. a top-10 opponent.

I really liked Harasymiak's game plan. UNH was off-balance all day long.

I expected a long season what with the defection of Josh Mack and the brutal schedule (4 home games, 7 away games, 2 FBS opponents, and the usual rough CAA conference docket), but I'm feeling a little more hopeful after watching the opener. Might go see the boys at Yale and URI after all...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Huge win for football. Complete domination vs. a top-10 opponent.

I really liked Harasymiak's game plan. UNH was off-balance all day long.

I expected a long season what with the defection of Josh Mack and the brutal schedule (4 home games, 7 away games, 2 FBS opponents, and the usual rough CAA conference docket), but I'm feeling a little more hopeful after watching the opener. Might go see the boys at Yale and URI after all...
            Its one game, we shall see what happens down the road. First win against UNH in 8 years .

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Its one game, we shall see what happens down the road. First win against UNH in 8 years .

There were 4 muffed punts that game, two by each team, and Maine ended up recovering all 4. Still, holding your opponent to negative rushing yards speaks to itself.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Maine has a real tough schedule, but this was a big one to start the season and a CAA Conference game. Schedule has them on the road for 7 games and only 4 home games. Before the season started I figure Maine would go 4-7. We shall see how well they fare on the road the next 3 weeks....after that should be a good gauge at where there at..[imo].

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  There were 4 muffed punts that game, two by each team, and Maine ended up recovering all 4. Still, holding your opponent to negative rushing yards speaks to itself.
                  1st game for both teams...as the game went on Maine played a whole lot better...while UNH looked and played awful, has to be one of UNH's worst games versus Maine as long as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    1st game for both teams...as the game went on Maine played a whole lot better...while UNH looked and played awful, has to be one of UNH's worst games versus Maine as long as I can remember.
                    Not me. UNH has sucked much worse than this.

Comment

Total yardage was very telling to me. What was it like 450-110?

Maine’s beaten some top 10 teams over the years on close plays, flukes, turnovers, but that kind of yardage number is the woodshed. I think they might be the real deal.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        Total yardage was very telling to me. What was it like 450-110?

Maine’s beaten some top 10 teams over the years on close plays, flukes, turnovers, but that kind of yardage number is the woodshed. I think they might be the real deal.
                        Lot of emotion in that game, we will see if it continues

Comment

QBs gotta keep it up too but.....if hes a 4 yr starter, been a real long time since we had a kid who beat UNH twice in a career

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

So it looks like Maine has a new ticketing system and it doesn’t let you pick which seats you want anymore. It’s hard to believe they would buy a new system that has less functionality than the old one. The new AD has his work cut out for him to say the least.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/09/...e-off-coaches/

There were some questions in earlier posts about fundraising success. This article sheds some light on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                So it looks like Maine has a new ticketing system and it doesn’t let you pick which seats you want anymore. It’s hard to believe they would buy a new system that has less functionality than the old one. The new AD has his work cut out for him to say the least.
                                Never buying a ticket if I can't pick the seat. the ticket folks have **** for brains if this is indeed true.

Comment

Working...
                                X