UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I was going through potential lines for this year and I'm very excited for Maine's third and fourth lines. It will definitely be a big strength and after so many years of no depth(it was better last year) it will be nice for it to really be an advantage over other teams again. I'm not exactly sure what Maine will do with the top two, but in an ideal world I would move Pearson to the second line. He's a great player and we're incredibly lucky to have him, but I would rather see someone more offensive minded with Fossier and Tralmaks.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the d pairs. In my mind Holway, Michel, and Keeper are all deserving of being in the top two pairs but I hate seeing two righties together. Hopefully last year's freshmen take a step forward which would make a big difference.
    I like Pearson to stay on the first line, because it was dynamite all season and I wouldnt want that broken up unless they go into a prolonged scoring slump. A great passing playmaker like Pearson is an ideal center for a big body who can get in corners and to the net (Tralmaks), and a guy with great scoring touch (Fossier). But I agree about the depth continuing to improve, a roster full of capable players instead of only a handful.

Comment

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Have the C'(s) A (s) been named yet? If it got mentioned here sorry missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
        Have the C'(s) A (s) been named yet? If it got mentioned here sorry missed it.
        No problem, click here...

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6662636

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Does Muehlbauer get in the team? Think it’s kind of a strange selection.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            If you click on that video of the awards banquet and scroll to 26 minute mark, it seemed to me the co captains are Pearson and Michel, and assistants are Fossier and Muehlbauer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Agree on an odd selection for the coA.
              Was he a leader?.
              Last edited by NorthMike; 08-14-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Was he a leader?.
                Not every "leader" is all out on the ice...many times in the locker room between periods and during practices is where some use there "leadership" roles....

Comment

Was he a leader?.
                  who stuck up for swayman after he got hit or slashed. The first guy over there was muehlbauer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    who stuck up for swayman after he got hit or slashed. The first guy over there was muehlbauer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Muehlbauer was also a two time all academic team member and I thought they said on radio he is studying mechanical engineering. So I can imagine that is difficult to adjust too. I think Muehlbauer was also a true freshmen. And now he is a senior. So I think it all adds up to a good selection. Hopefully he and his defensive crew can work well with the young guys and give Maine an improved defensive presence to protect our own goal. Also, of interest is the fact Rob Michel delayed turning pro to finish his electrical engineering degree. He is also a captain. I believe Maine's defense will improve putting Maine in a very good position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      Not every "leader" is all out on the ice...many times in the locker room between periods and during practices is where some use there "leadership" roles....
                      Agree.
                      Just asking, I dont have a problem with it. If the players have the respect is all that counts.

Comment

I was reading "Great Game" by Bruce Haas. There were a couple interesting quotes I would like to share...

"People don't understand how important the fan base is on the outcome of the game itself and the ability to recruit. If you have a packed house, you can recruit. I don't think anyone understands how important the students and the band are except the coaches and the players." -Jack Parker

"If we could get a recruit to the game, we got him." -Tim Whitehead

Also, it was comical to read the history on why the UMaine band had a member wear the "Freddy mask".

Comment

I wonder what would happen if hockey gave a 20% discount to season ticket holders(existing or new) and offered a half season package also at 20% discount?

My guess would be a full house and and increase in profit by 33%. Full house, increased concessions, more donor money, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            I wonder what would happen if hockey gave a 20% discount to season ticket holders(existing or new) and offered a half season package also at 20% discount?

My guess would be a full house and and increase in profit by 33%. Full house, increased concessions, more donor money, etc...
                            Spot on, but instead they take away over the years and have eroded the long time season ticket holder base...plus when you don't win and play for something in this day and age you lose old timers and you don't attract new fans. They diddle around with gimmicks instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Spot on, but instead they take away over the years and have eroded the long time season ticket holder base...plus when you don't win and play for something in this day and age you lose old timers and you don't attract new fans. They diddle around with gimmicks instead.
                              What is worse, you are not cultivating young fans. When I was a young grasshopper Maine baseball was king. We didn't have great mahaney diamondwe have now. We had scrap field and you needed a lot of bug dope back then. And then hockey came in.

Would it really hurt UMaine hockey to budge just a bit?

Lowell used to give tickets away(shamely I took advantage) to get people to show up.

Comment

Its not the money its the team and the travel. Unfortunately Maine is a huge state vertically, and people arent gonna drive 90-120 minutes to watch whats been on the ice for huge chunks of the last ten years. Not even for free.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X