UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

I see Maine finishing in 7th, one position down from this season. Both the Minutemen and the River Hawks will finish in front of Maine. Maine may improve their quality of play, but it won't be enough.

Comment

Maine should be able to win between 15 and 20 games next year and finish from 4th to 7th in HE. None of that matters when they still wont make the garden nor ncaa's. From what we have seen from Red, he is not the coach to get them there.

My biggest disapointment has been the declining level of discipline from the team. Saw the same thing out of Whitehead about at his halfway point.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        I would bump Maine below lowell and NU. Red hasn't convinced me he can coach.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Lowell strikes me as a complete wild card. I could see them rebounding into the upper echelon of HEA, or they could be as they were this year.

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        i wouldn't bet against BU next year, either.
        BU defintely has the talent to win HEA outright and be a top seed in the big tournament. For some reason they can’t get it all together; personally I think Quinn is a hack fraud coach.

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        I see Maine finishing in 7th, one position down from this season. Both the Minutemen and the River Hawks will finish in front of Maine. Maine may improve their quality of play, but it won't be enough.
        If Massachusetts had a better goalie than Wischow they’d be a scary team. Even as they are they’re my dark horse team of the year, they might make the Garden.

Comment

I dont believe anyone on here thinks Red could take that UMD team deep into the NCAAs.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I dont believe anyone on here thinks Red could take that UMD team deep into the NCAAs.

Yeh. I was impressed with umd defense and team discipline - stay in position and dont panic. Good physical play, not too many unnecessary penalties. Well coached team, and players who learned from throughout season and followed the coaching plan.

Not Reds strength.
            Last edited by NorthMike; 04-09-2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Yeh. I was impressed with umd defense and team discipline - stay in position and dont panic. Good physical play, not too many unnecessary penalties. Well coached team, and players who learned from throughout season and followed the coaching plan.

Not Reds strength.
              +++.....key words here: team discipline - well coached - players who learned through out the season....and I we add a TEAM that was hungry and played for a purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

hahahaaa...good one and what would be RG's excuse if they missed the NCAA's...? I like what I saw and figure we will win it all NEXT YEAR.................

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  hahahaaa...good one and what would be RG's excuse if they missed the NCAA's...? I like what I saw and figure we will win it all NEXT YEAR.................
                  Red absolutely lost me when he guaranteed a HE championship this year. That was embarrassingly ridiculous. Who bought that BS, except for maybe....

(Again, either Red and Blackie are actually the same person, or they just drink bathtub gin together every night. Gallons of it. )

Comment

Red absolutely lost me when he guaranteed a HE championship this year. That was embarrassingly ridiculous. Who bought that BS, except for maybe....

(Again, either Red and Blackie are actually the same person, or they just drink bathtub gin together every night. Gallons of it. )
                    Well, I can tell you Red and I have never met. I can also tell you I would love to meet him. And I am very critical of Red. However, you just keep going and going and going...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      I would bump Maine below lowell and NU. Red hasn't convinced me he can coach.

You said you would be happy for a win on the road.

Got 9 on the road.
                      Last edited by BlackI; 04-09-2018, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Your opinion does not matter at all.

Comment

Gee... how about being like others.... maybe we can have a fan base all behind winning. No... we can't have that, we need infighting. We need **** infighting.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            You said you would be happy for a win on the road.

Got 9 on the road.
                            I was, they were better but that doesn't mean I think they are better than 5 or 6 other HE teams

Comment

UMaine has a new president, former head of Natl. Science foundation. Sounds good for the school in general, not sure about athletic dept,?

Comment

I might well be wrong, but it seems to me that this season is the first one in a while when there isn't a former Bear lacing 'em up for the NHL playoffs...?(Tip, help a brotha out here.)

Guess we'll have to root for Columbus, and the "bad" Tort. ( I can do that, but I was really hoping to see the Dallas Bears.)
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-10-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X