Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 831

Thread: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

  1. #521
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    New info on the women's team...
    http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6689008

    I wish we would get similar announcement for men's incoming class.

  2. #522
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    mens class is in school, taking summer class
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    New info on the women's team...
    http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6689008

    I wish we would get similar announcement for men's incoming class.
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  3. #523
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    New info on the women's team...
    http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6689008

    I wish we would get similar announcement for men's incoming class.
    Good info and knowing full well that it all counts on the ice...BUT I like the sounds of this recruiting Class to go with the returning roster and a TEAM that got a taste of winning....looking forward to there season.

  4. #524
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Got another 15 yr old commit from Quebec, sounds like a good player if he shows up.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  5. #525
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Got another 15 yr old commit from Quebec, sounds like a good player if he shows up.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Got a link or name? Hopefully not a pay site.

  6. #526

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,433

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Got a link or name? Hopefully not a pay site.


  7. #527
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    mens class is in school, taking summer class.
    Looks like MIH starts regular ice time tomorrow.

  8. #528
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    48

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Got a link or name? Hopefully not a pay site.
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...llaume-richard

  9. #529
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,464

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here


  10. #530
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    48

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing these guys on the ice. I think they'll make an impact right off the bat. I had hoped they would bring in Drobot as well, but I think they will have pretty good depth this year.

  11. #531
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Quote Originally Posted by dogtagger View Post
    Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing these guys on the ice. I think they'll make an impact right off the bat. I had hoped they would bring in Drobot as well, but I think they will have pretty good depth this year.
    I hoped for that too. But going from 4th line center to 1st line center for Fargo is huge to digest. I think it might have been a mutual agreement between Drobot, Maine, and Eades that it was in everyone's best interest, most substantially Drobot' s.

    Also, don't forget and overlook Spicer coming off red shirt year where he practiced and got a 4.0 GPA. I am looking forward to seeing him as well.

  12. #532
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,464
    Quote Originally Posted by dogtagger View Post
    Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing these guys on the ice. I think they'll make an impact right off the bat. I had hoped they would bring in Drobot as well, but I think they will have pretty good depth this year.
    Same here. Hopefully Schmidt and Dawe can make it into the top six but time will tell.

  13. #533
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Same here. Hopefully Schmidt and Dawe can make it into the top six but time will tell.
    I believe you will be happy, with both. And both defensive defensemen.

  14. #534
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Same here. Hopefully Schmidt and Dawe can make it into the top six but time will tell.
    Im thinking JSS will likely take Vesey's spot on second line wing, and Dawe will probably start on the third line, but I could see him bumping Shea to the third and moving to the second.

  15. #535
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,691

    Thumbs up Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Im thinking JSS will likely take Vesey's spot on second line wing, and Dawe will probably start on the third line, but I could see him bumping Shea to the third and moving to the second.
    Not a bad take, but I believe Westerlund will bud. As will Smith. Which can and possibly will trump rookies progress. But for the better part of the team as a whole unit. I believe Schmidt-Svestrup will need time to adjust to speed despite his hands. Dawe will plug in easy I believe. Great skating and nifty play making. I also believe Robbins will take a leadership role despite not getting the C. He will lead penalty killing and will thrive this season as a great two way forward. He will be voted as on of the best two way forwards in the league. All of this is to say as much as I am very happy with the outlook of this team.

  16. #536

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    York, ME
    Posts
    185

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Larry's article on incoming Maine recruit Edward Lindelow as well as some quotes from Red on the other incoming Freshmen

    http://bangordailynews.com/2018/08/1...ing-class/#_=_

  17. #537
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Event View Post
    Larry's article on incoming Maine recruit Edward Lindelow as well as some quotes from Red on the other incoming Freshmen

    http://bangordailynews.com/2018/08/1...ing-class/#_=_
    Bottom line is "IF" Swayman can be like he was and improve in other areas of his game then Maine will have no worries in net...hopefully...as sometimes the 2nd season can be a real test as seen with other goalies in Hockey East, Wall for UML was lights out his Freshman year then struggled mightly his 2nd season and BU's Ottetinger {sic}...had a up/down first half and then turn things around at the end of the regular season. IMO Swayman has the poise/confidence to excel and his confidence is towards the team goal of winning, he's confident not cocky...he's a kid that will only get better {again imo}.

  18. #538
    University of Maine Class of 2020
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    Not a bad take, but I believe Westerlund will bud. As will Smith. Which can and possibly will trump rookies progress. But for the better part of the team as a whole unit. I believe Schmidt-Svestrup will need time to adjust to speed despite his hands. Dawe will plug in easy I believe. Great skating and nifty play making. I also believe Robbins will take a leadership role despite not getting the C. He will lead penalty killing and will thrive this season as a great two way forward. He will be voted as on of the best two way forwards in the league. All of this is to say as much as I am very happy with the outlook of this team.
    I think Red likes Smith as more of a bottom six energy guy, he probably stays on the 4th line with Pieper and Robbins. This is not to say I think Smith is a bad player, I actually like him, just thats probably the best role for him. Westerlund I view as kind of a wild card, but I agree he has breakout potential. If he could turn in a strong season and be a third line player that pushes for and occasionally gets second line minutes, I think it would be a huge shot in the arm for this team. The third line has been the weakest part of the forward crew in my opinion.

  19. #539
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,464

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    I was going through potential lines for this year and I'm very excited for Maine's third and fourth lines. It will definitely be a big strength and after so many years of no depth(it was better last year) it will be nice for it to really be an advantage over other teams again. I'm not exactly sure what Maine will do with the top two, but in an ideal world I would move Pearson to the second line. He's a great player and we're incredibly lucky to have him, but I would rather see someone more offensive minded with Fossier and Tralmaks.

    It will be interesting to see what happens with the d pairs. In my mind Holway, Michel, and Keeper are all deserving of being in the top two pairs but I hate seeing two righties together. Hopefully last year's freshmen take a step forward which would make a big difference.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

  20. #540
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I was going through potential lines for this year and I'm very excited for Maine's third and fourth lines. It will definitely be a big strength and after so many years of no depth(it was better last year) it will be nice for it to really be an advantage over other teams again. I'm not exactly sure what Maine will do with the top two, but in an ideal world I would move Pearson to the second line. He's a great player and we're incredibly lucky to have him, but I would rather see someone more offensive minded with Fossier and Tralmaks.

    It will be interesting to see what happens with the d pairs. In my mind Holway, Michel, and Keeper are all deserving of being in the top two pairs but I hate seeing two righties together. Hopefully last year's freshmen take a step forward which would make a big difference.
    Pearson took 885 faceoffs last season, and won 55% of them. The next closest returning player is Doherty, and he took 346 faceoffs and won 50%.

    Of the returning forwards Pearson and Smith are tied with 24 blocked shots.

    He gets a knock at being mediocre for +/-, but his whole line is there with him and they played a lot of minutes against other teams defensive specialists.

    The biggest knock on Pearson is his shot percentage is very low. But he was second in shots taken.

    Overall, there is no doubt in my mind Pearson should be the top and first line centerman. He is the great all around centerman that helps win games.

    In my opinion, he is responsible center that let's Fossier and Tralmaks get low. And he has helpers to show for it, he ranked second in that category.

    Overall, I think Pearson has been a blessing for Maine. And if we had a line up chalk full of what he brings Maine wouldn't lose.
    Last edited by BlackI; 08-12-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •