• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Swayman with some praise...
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/cameron...p-observations

And more here...
    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bru...t-camp#slide-4

I continue to like what I see of Jeremy Swayman. He’s got idea size at 6-foot-2, 187-pounds, he posted a pretty solid .921 save percentage at the University of Maine last season and he was taking really good angles on the shooters throwing rubber at him on Tuesday morning. Certainly he’ll have competition in this camp with Daniel Vladar as a guy that needs to start seizing his chance with the Bruins organization, and a goalie in Kyle Keyser that’s going to be invited to the Team USA World Junior camp this summer. But Swayman looks like he’s got the goods between the pipes and certainly got his development camp off to a good start. Langenbrunner on Swayman: “He was probably [Maine’s] best player. That was great. A kid that’s continued to work, he looks bigger and stronger in the net right now. He’s filling out nicely. His competitiveness, he saw a lot of shots last year and held them in a lot of games. He’ll continue this year maybe a little ahead of where we projected possibly, but he was drafted in that slot for a reason. I think the scouts believed he could play and he’s shown it."
    Video Bruins tweeted of Swayman...
    https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status...443472901?s=19
    Last edited by BlackI; 06-30-2018, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Tralmaks score at the 2 minute mark of this YouTube video highlighting the Ottawa Senators camp scrimmage...
      https://youtu.be/rQtPIK1vPyA

Comment

Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
        Yea, we nick named him the "wrecking ball" for his ability to hammer a guy on one side of the ice, then skate to the other side and hammer a guy over there, usually several seconds after the puck has moved on. He took some of boarding calls as I recall.

As far as sitting out a year, he graduated last year, so he should be good to go as a grad student.
        Thank you and thanks to the other posters who answered my question. He did his best as a freshman … maybe another fresh start will be just what he needs.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Thank you and thanks to the other posters who answered my question. He did his best as a freshman … maybe another fresh start will be just what he needs.
          He should get ample playing time and from there it's all up to him on how he produces/performs for your Sea Wolves. Good Luck on your upcoming hockey season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            He should get ample playing time and from there it's all up to him on how he produces/performs for your Sea Wolves. Good Luck on your upcoming hockey season.
            Same to you. I have a soft spot for Maine, having lived in Bangor when I was a kid.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Scroll to 2:15 mark to see Pearson's goal at Detroit's prospect camp...
              https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/...642098688?s=19

Comment

Congrats to Dan Renouf for signing a two-way contract with Carolina today.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-two-way-deal/
                UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                  Congrats to Dan Renouf for signing a two-way contract with Carolina today.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-two-way-deal/
                  AND Brian Flynn has signed a 1 year deal with the St.Louis Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    AND Brian Flynn has signed a 1 year deal with the St.Louis Blues
                    Yes. Just got done listening to Thorne call sox game. Blast from the past.

Great these guys are getting borderline ones. But what about Shore?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Yes. Just got done listening to Thorne call sox game. Blast from the past.

Great these guys are getting borderline ones. But what about Shore?
                      Devins restricted and Dallas tendered him, probably gets a couple million on a 2/3 year deal after the Stars are done trading and they have their salary in order.

Pretty cool to have 3 different generations/eras of Maine hockey in Dallas. Monty from the Walsh golden age, Bish from Whitehead’s prime and Shore frim, well, whatever this is

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

The Score put together a "Made In America" best players from each state list, complete with honorable mentions. Obviously doesn't mean anything, but fun nonetheless, and interesting to this thread due to a nice cohort of UMaine players. A little goofy because it focusing only on where an individual was born vs. raised.
                        Bishop, Weinrich, Carney, & Darling all pop up on the list.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1562872
                        UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                          The Score put together a "Made In America" best players from each state list, complete with honorable mentions. Obviously doesn't mean anything, but fun nonetheless, and interesting to this thread due to a nice cohort of UMaine players. A little goofy because it focusing only on where an individual was born vs. raised.
                          Bishop, Weinrich, Carney, & Darling all pop up on the list.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1562872
                          May have lost memories of it, but interesting DiPietro was born in Lewiston. Basically in Mass whole life. But what an amazing goalie at NCAA level. He was an acrobatic goalie if I ever saw one.

Comment

I remember sitting through a 3 OT game I believe in Albany. He was a great college goalie. Possibly I am wrong, but I thought it was against Cornell or Clarkson.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              I remember sitting through a 3 OT game I believe in Albany. He was a great college goalie. Possibly I am wrong, but I thought it was against Cornell or Clarkson.
                              St. Lawrence. I’ve never seen anyone more excited in my life than the St. Lawrence coach when they won.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Had the best agent ever also. Bet he is still getting paid from that Islanders contract

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X