Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Nice easy win over one of those "crap teams". Hope the players realize that you can't take any team - even the "crappy" ones - for granted.
    (p.s. I have the exact same hope for my favorite team here in Minny - it is all too easy to become overconfident/complacent when you think all you have to do is show up to get the expected win).
    I mean SLU isn't quite tournament bubble (IMO) but I definitely wouldn't put them at the level of crap lol

Recap: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...l-score-2-1-ot
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Analagous to the first goal, the "nutmegging" carried out by Agnew also made it tougher for the goalie to read the shot. Good skill shown by both Eagle goal scorers.
      Last edited by pgb-ohio; 10-11-2018, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Lonergan's goal was the stuff dreams are made of
        How is Watt doing this year?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          How is Watt doing this year?
          Making plenty of plays. The goals haven't come yet, but they will.

Comment

Making plenty of plays. The goals haven't come yet, but they will.
            In the clutches of the dreaded Sophomore slump already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              In the clutches of the dreaded Sophomore slump already.
              You wouldn't know it watching her play, she's fine lol

Comment

You wouldn't know it watching her play, she's fine lol
                She was more out of control last night than I remember from last season. She went crashing into the end boards once, ran into the goalie, and completely flattened Edney. The second was a penalty, and the last would have been had it not been OT, where the refs "don't want to decide the game".

On the plus side, I thought her speed was improved from last year. Not Lonergan, but faster.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I am surprised that bc is having this much trouble putting the puck in the net this year. SLU leads bc 1-0 now after 2 periods.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

about a minute now left from disaster for bc...still 1-0 SLU

SLU with nothing left and gets scored on with about 27 seconds left...

So the 3rd period ends 1-1. bc should win this in OT as SLU is absoulutely gassed.

Yup SLU couldn't even get it out of their zone and bc scores to win 2-1 in OT.
                    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-12-2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fiveholefrenzy View Post
                      about a minute now left from disaster for bc...still 1-0 slu

slu with nothing left and gets scored on with about 27 seconds left...

So the 3rd period ends 1-1. Bc should win this in ot as slu is absoulutely gassed.

Yup slu couldn't even get it out of their zone and bc scores to win 2-1 in ot.
                      wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        wow.
                        Being honest here, that game should not have been that close so, some credit goes to SLU for keeping it close but boy oh boy... bc should have won this game pretty easily as SLU couldn't match up with the speed and depth of bc.

You referred to the video game stats that certain bc players put up last year but right now they are not getting that steady diet of cupcakes they so desperately need to achieve those stats. I'll go all EF1 on the bit and state that a certain sophomore has 4 pts in the last 7 games (including the last 2 losses of 2017/2018). Half of those points came against Syracupcake.

Somebody needs to find a Hostess truck to make a delivery of cupcakes to Silvia O. Conte Forum to help that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          I am surprised that bc is having this much trouble putting the puck in the net this year. SLU leads bc 1-0 now after 2 periods.
                          I didn't see the UMD games and I'm sure they didn't pack the middle given Rooney's talent but watching SLU was like watching UConn. 6 goalies are pretty tough to get the puck by.
                          It's the blueprint if you aren't as talented as the team you're playing. very frustrating...I'm sure MN and WI fans have seen this many times with the less talented teams in their conf.
                          the talented team HAS to score first or it's a game like today if the opposition packs the middle.

they said on line that SLU has had all OT games (5) so far this year. that's crazy

Comment

Don't watch the highlights of this game I look like a lunatic

Comment

Don't watch the highlights of this game I look like a lunatic
                              Well, that's just your natural state.
                              "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                                Well, that's just your natural state.
                                Okay that's true haha

Comment

Working...
                                X