X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Good to see you got your mojo back!
    My enthusiasm meter is nowhere near where it was before the season, but the year is too short to not at least enjoy it while we have it
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      My enthusiasm meter is nowhere near where it was before the season...
      Give it a little time. By Christmas you'll have switched from drinking the Kool-Aid to just snorting the Kool-Aid powder. You'll probably be showing us highlight videos with all Watts' goals in simultaneous fashion, first in mini screens like the eye of a housefly, and then superimposed over each other. I can't wait.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Give it a little time. By Christmas you'll have switched from drinking the Kool-Aid to just snorting the Kool-Aid powder.
        There's no way. Until we get to the tournament and start winning meaningful games, the bad taste of that UMD sweep is going to be hanging over us reminding us that no matter how many crap-ass WHEA teams we beat by a touchdown, we're still 0-2 against any team expected to make the NCAA tournament.

That's not to say I'm not excited to see what we can do once we get to March, but the regular season has gone from being a 5 month long party to being one long study hall.

Comment

Reyes and Smith are the real deal, SLU has decent speed and plays enough good teams that they shouldn’t be intimidated. This should be a great series.

Comment

the regular season has gone from being a 5 month long party to being one long study hall.
            Going the way of the selective statistics poster EF1...In that study hall you can lookup and verify that bc has a 5-8-1 record against the 4 top WCHA teams since the 2012/2013 season. And worse yet, in that same timeframe, 0-4 in NCAA tournament games against WCHA opponents Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Ohio State. Yikes...

I'm here to assist you in any way I can to help you stay grounded.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Going the way of the selective statistics poster EF1...In that study hall you can lookup and verify that bc has a 5-8-1 record against the 4 top WCHA teams since the 2012/2013 season. And worse yet, in that same timeframe, 0-4 in NCAA tournament games against WCHA opponents Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Ohio State. Yikes...
              Those aren't selective stats, those are stats!! lol

Comment

There's no way. Until we get to the tournament and start winning meaningful games, the bad taste of that UMD sweep is going to be hanging over us ...
                I've seen this movie. I think by the end of November when you go to Northeastern and blow up the Huskies, euphoria will be back. You'll already be done with UConn, the one HEA team that doesn't seem to be scared of you. Your single game at Maine will be out of the way. Dude, face it: you're an addict. You know that the cupcakes are bad for you, but they go down so sweet. Take another bite; you know you want to.
                Last edited by ARM; 10-11-2018, 12:01 PM. Reason: So the grammar police don't point out that "you're" isn't the same as "your".
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I'm here to assist you in any way I can to help you stay grounded.
                  BC went 9-0 against Vermont and Merrimack at home and on the road last year.

Wait for it …

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    I think by the end of November when you go to Northeastern and blow up the Huskies, euphoria will be back.
                    In all seriousness, if we find our way climbing back into contention for #1 in the Pairwise, I might get close to my preseason hype level. Until then, it's just not happening lol...

Northeastern is yet another team that will not make the tournament (unless we trip all over ourselves in the tournament again, in which case we will have bigger problems). Beating them is not going to improve our 0-2 record against tournament teams.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post

Wait for it …
                      We have established that BC is awesome against crap teams, yes lol

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post

Wait for it …
                        We hadn't heard from you in awhile so good to see you back posting...

I think Grant really only cares about the 0-fer against the three WCHA teams in the NCAA tournament games since the 2012/2013 season although I'm sure he still gets a kick out of the fact that bc beat Minnesota 4-1 in the 2010/2011 tournament.

Comment

We have established that BC is awesome against crap teams, yes lol
                          I think the point might be those crap teams' record against Minnesota...

Comment

• Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                            Yes but BC being better against crap teams has won us exactly 0 more titles than Minnesota
                            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-11-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I'm sure he still gets a kick out of the fact that bc beat Minnesota 4-1 in the 2010/2011 tournament.
                              That game was straight out of the twilight zone, it was a party from start to finish and I loved every second of it.

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                                No might about it...It absolutely was selective statistics poster's point and certainly was beneficial for bc from a pairwise standpoint last year. However, when bc loses in the Hockey East tournament and in the quarterfinals to OSU, it's not much to hang your hat on.
                                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-11-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X