X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't me lol

HA love it -- I'd say PARTY AT MY PLACE for Quinnipiac but BC isn't going to make it to Quinnipiac because we're actually bad. 1-0 BU after 1. Really crap period despite the shot totals.
    Where did you first come across that...
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Time to put Grant on suicide watch? Shots again mean nothing
      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

I thought for sure BC would tie it up after BU whiffed on the open net.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
          WOW. More telling is 3 goals, all on the PP for BU on only 16 shots total. I wonder if all the SOG were on the PP?
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by Arafel View Post
            Oh no I'm definitely fine -- I'm at peace with this result. I firmly planted my feet on the ground with my expectations for this season after Tuesday. This sort of game happens to tournament bubble teams all the time.

We played very poorly today, particularly when we went down two. Very disjointed and panicked. Fits perfectly with our storied inability to deal with adversity.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I think the Eagles are trying a different path to the title and are channeling the 2014-15 Harvard team that you mentioned. Might work; at least they'll have seen adversity already when March rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                I think the Eagles are trying a different path to the title and are channeling the 2014-15 Harvard team that you mentioned. Might work; at least they'll have seen adversity already when March rolls around.
                lol that's a no.

I was serious when I said we weren't making it to Hamden. We're going to be a road team against someone who is clearly better than us. We do not win those games.

Comment

I was serious when I said we weren't making it to Hamden.
                  Does that mean no ice-fishing with your new roomies on Lake Poco next March?

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                    Does that mean no ice-fishing with your new roomies on Lake Poco next March?
                    I moved out of East Hampton! Down in Madison now (CT, not WI). No lakes nearby that I know of... plus I'm not sure they'd freeze over enough down here on the shore anyway lol
                    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-30-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I was serious when I said we weren't making it to Hamden.
                      Well, okay, but someone has to come out of the flaming pileup in turn two.

Comment

I guess we now know why you hate them.

Comment

For a team with three Olympians on the blue line, BC's defense and penalty kill are middling to awful. Something is seriously wrong with this team. You look at the names on the roster, and there is no way they should be struggling like this.

in some ways, it reminds me a little of Denver from last year. The Pioneers had Troy Terry, Henrik Borgstrom, Dylan Gabrell up front, and Tanner Jaillet in net. Everyone expected them to roll. And sometimes they did. But they often seemed bored, as if they just expected the trophy to be handed to them. They lost three-goal leads four or five times during the season. I remember one game where DU was up 3-0 after six minutes and lost. It felt like the players were reading their press releases too much.

Too many players on the Eagles are not playing up to their potential, and not only is it possible they won't contend for the national championship in the Frozen Four, they may not even make the tournament. At this rate, they will need to win the HE tournament to make it.
                          "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Hi everyone! I was at my nephew's birthday this afternoon. Did I miss anything??

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Hi everyone! I was at my nephew's birthday this afternoon. Did I miss anything??
                              Clarkson lost again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                                Clarkson lost again.
                                Hell yeah I assume BC is well positioned to take that #3 spot in the polls

Comment

Working...
                                X