Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    First period in the books, tied at 0-0. Lots of penalties called and both teams had 5-3 opportunities. Maine is a good skating club and seems to be able to keep up with the pace that bc wants to play at.
    I thought BC played a touch faster in Maine's zone. Lots of wheeling and eventually that will bite if Maine doesn't impede their puck lugging.

Comment

Only got to watch the 3rd period as I was out watching my nephew play soccer. How can 8 year old kids be that good at literally anything?

Anyway the 3rd didn't look that great but I really can't complain about a 4-1 win against a team that's 4th in KRACH on the road. Sure that's inflated but Maine obviously has some fight this year and we usually play like crap at Alfond.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Preview!! https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions

Stressed out about having to play against Providence with only 7 skaters on the roster. I'm sure we'll do our best.
        Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 11-01-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Preview!! https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ts-predictions

Stressed out about having to play against Providence with only 4 skaters on the roster. I'm sure we'll do our best.
          Ahh. With OUT 4 skaters in the roster. Definitely got me to click! Will be paying attention to the Providence game. Nice preview.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
            Ahh. With OUT 4 skaters in the roster. Definitely got me to click! Will be paying attention to the Providence game. Nice preview.
            Lol I actually meant it as "with 4 skaters" as a hyperbolic joke but now I can see how people might assume I was making a typo. I'm going to fix that!

Comment

Enough Hockey East matchups like this and #9 will get back to the video game stats...

1-0 bc after one period over UConn with a goal by #9
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

That goal was freaking unreal. Crazy effort out of Lonergan to set everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  That goal was freaking unreal. Crazy effort out of Lonergan to set everything up.
                  Yup...with a big assist to UConn for really being out of position.

Another fairly dominant period by bc but nothing to show for it...Still 1-0 after 2 periods.

It is pretty amazing to watch the bad habits that bc gets away with where they are just not pressured by good competition. Nicole and Arlan in the Wednesday Women article touched on that in talking about the Minnesota and Wisconsin series which really tasked both teams as far as time and space for decision making.

It looks like there is about 50 people in the arena...
                  Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 11-01-2018, 09:20 PM. Reason: Missing N

Comment

2 goals in the 3rd for bc and they are victorious 3-0 over UConn.

Thought they would put a couple more in as UConn looked pretty tired in the 3rd.

Comment

Another fairly dominant period by bc but nothing to show for it...Still 1-0 after 2 periods.

It is pretty amazing to watch the bad habits that bc gets away with where they are just not pressured by good competition. Nicole and Arlan in the Wednesday Women article touched on that in talking about the Minnesota and Wisconsin series which really tasked both teams as far as time and space for decision making.
                      I watched most of the 2nd and 3rd periods, and have to agree. BC is too offensive at times, taking lots of chances that top opponents would surely capitalize on. Tons of skill, but they do need better awareness on when it's safe to try and use that skill...and when to go with just the smart play.

It looks like there is about 50 people in the area...
                      I suppose the players get used to it, but for the few fans that show up it has to make the games less exciting.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I have seen quite a few bc games thanks to the streaming option and it is pretty striking how often they attempt plays that are in the high risk category and how often they are not deterred from doing that because a lot of the teams they have on their schedule don't have enough talent to make them pay for those choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          I have seen quite a few bc games thanks to the streaming option and it is pretty striking how often they attempt plays that are in the high risk category and how often they are not deterred from doing that because a lot of the teams they have on their schedule don't have enough talent to make them pay for those choices.
                          Have you ever considered that against this level of competition, those plays may not be high risk?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            If you got undressed like that you'd be out of position too

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Have you ever considered that against this level of competition, those plays may not be high risk?
                              Yes, but those "near misses" type of plays probably won't be good preparation when your BC players face players who can take advantage of those high risk mistakes, An issue, I think, that has plagued you in post-season play, in recent years.
                              Last edited by D2D; 11-02-2018, 12:02 AM.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Interesting. I have not seen many BC games but am very familiar with what you are talking about. Every year I see freshmen try to pull some trick out of the bag that I figure worked all the time in high school. They always get stuffed. It often takes the first 2-3 games of the year for some of them to understand what worked at lower levels will not work in D-I

Comment

Working...
                                X