X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
    Beres is no 3rd liner.
    I think that is kind of TTT's point; BC will have 1st/2nd liners throughout its rotation. The challenge for BC is more likely to come in two years, because they will graduate a lot of impact in a year.

In looking at the D pairs, I would think that a coach with three Olympians would pick a fourth -- Bizal or Fey -- and play those top four heavily and spot the last pair any time the level of competition warrants.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Beres is no 3rd liner.
      she should be on 1st or 2nd. she is the only player that parks in front of the net. she also started the whole team (well, most of them) blocking shots.
      Yeah she's great -- I threw her on the 3rd line because she's such a hard-nosed fighter, which would play well with the Connolly "energy line" types... but she's another one you could slot anywhere.

I wouldn't hate throwing her up there with Lonergan, moving Watts with Newkirk and the transfer, and putting Browne with Connolly and Delaney.

I kind of like that actually. But yeah there's a lot you could do.

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      In looking at the D pairs, I would think that a coach with three Olympians would pick a fourth -- Bizal or Fey -- and play those top four heavily and spot the last pair any time the level of competition warrants.
      I would definitely not hate this.
      Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-22-2018, 04:08 PM.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
        This Mystery Transfer will give us a good opportunity for some Megan Keller-style superlatives. I heard this Mystery Transfer once visited a Fortune Teller...just to warn her.
        After eating my trimmed PB&J sammiches and putting away my Star Wars toys like Ma said I got some free time on the puter. opportunity taken...

The mystery transfer once went to the running of the bulls...And chased the bulls
        The mystery transfer Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun...And won.
        Professor Charles Xavier tried to read the mystery transfer's mind...Now he is in a wheel chair.
        Chuck Norris counted to infinity...Twice. The mystery transfer would meanwhile do something important.
        Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite...The mystery transfer laughs at Superman's for having a weakness.
        When the mystery transfer took a stress test, the test failed.
        If Google can't find something...It asks the mystery transfer.

Geez...Is there any doubt that bc is going to win the title next year?

I really do have too much free time...
        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-22-2018, 05:27 PM. Reason: Is she really...Maybe only her hairdresser knows for sure.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I hope she is not Canadian (see Patty Kaz)
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            The mystery recruit ...
            So she went from "transfer" to "recruit" ... is that because they recruited her off of our roster? But then in looking at your list, I wonder if we're talking about the same "recruit".

And yeah, yeah you do.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              So she went from "transfer" to "recruit" ... is that because they recruited her off of our roster? But then in looking at your list, I wonder if we're talking about the same "recruit".

And yeah, yeah you do.
              They as in a "current" member of the team? Then yeah. Transfer...Recruit...I just basically screwed that up...Corrected

I think it is same player the Sconnie/Rodent poster speculated about. But then again I really don't know.

I freely admit it.
              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-22-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Beres is no 3rd liner.
                she should be on 1st or 2nd. she is the only player that parks in front of the net. she also started the whole team (well, most of them) blocking shots.
                . Should score more than 2 Goals all season to be on a top line, penalty kill lost it for BC and the 5 on 3 was awful in the last game - Ohio scored on their power play , BC didn't - that was the difference

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Yeah she's great -- I threw her on the 3rd line because she's such a hard-nosed fighter, which would play well with the Connolly "energy line" types... but she's another one you could slot anywhere.

I wouldn't hate throwing her up there with Lonergan, moving Watts with Newkirk and the transfer, and putting Browne with Connolly and Delaney.

I kind of like that actually. But yeah there's a lot you could do.

I would definitely not hate this.
                  Stick to math , please - you never played hockey so you really shouldn't comment on the lines without seeing new recruits fit in

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Hockey View Post
                    Stick to math , please - you never played hockey so you really shouldn't comment on the lines without seeing new recruits fit in
                    Oh geez. Hello current or future Eagle. I'm sorry I didn't put you on a high enough line.

You are right! I know absolutely nothing about any of these recruits. But ... I don't think you realize that this is literally a forum of people who never played hockey (Plus DC! And also apparently you!) who enjoy following these teams and also enjoy making ill-informed commentary about these teams. But with due respect, I think I'll continue making ill-informed commentary about my team. That's what fans generally enjoy doing!

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Hockey View Post
                      ... you never played hockey so you really shouldn't comment on the lines without seeing new recruits fit in
                      That's what fans do, particularly on a forum. As for "never played", none of us have ever been POTUS, but we all have an opinion on how things should be done. Although lately, that looks more like "Celebrity Apprentice" and I've seen that on TV, so I guess I'm an expert.

Comment

Oh geez. Hello current or future Eagle. I'm sorry I didn't put you on a high enough line.

You are right! I know absolutely nothing about any of these recruits. But ... I don't think you realize that this is literally a forum of people who never played hockey (Plus DC! And also apparently you!) who enjoy following these teams and also enjoy making ill-informed commentary about these teams. But with due respect, I think I'll continue making ill-informed commentary about my team. That's what fans generally enjoy doing!

Welcome to the forum!
                        when you say
                        . . . literally a forum of people who never played hockey . . .
                        you don't mean everyone, a few of us played just not well enough

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          you don't mean everyone, a few of us played just not well enough
                          I mean I "played" intramurals at BC, but I don't think that qualifies lol

Comment

When I was a kid the skaters played, the non-skaters took turns in goal, and the future forum posters watched by the fire, hot chocolate in hand.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                              You took that well...

It's kind of a mixed bag. On one hand It's good to see another poster supporting the program. On the other hand, Oy vey! another poster with people skill issues.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                You took that well...

It's kind of a mixed bag. On one hand It's good to see another poster supporting the program. On the other hand, Oy vey! another poster with people skill issues.
                                What?! A poster with people skill issues?! Here?! Impossible!!

Comment

Working...
                                X