X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    Clarkson lost again.
    I'd have to double check, but I think that every team in D-I lost today.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Hell yeah I assume BC is well positioned to take that #3 spot in the polls
      What's a #3 spot?

Comment

You guys have more talent than anyone in the country..............You out-shoot teams 2 to 1 and more but still get beat....hmmmmmmmmmm....not rocket science here........didn't they go 40-1 a few years ago and no SHIP? Starts from the top down.........there has been enough talent there to win at least 3

Comment

Originally posted by THEWIZARD View Post
          The wake up call was losing to STL and they respond with a 10-2 beat down.......this team is going backwards not forward. Wait til tomorrow when the wheels really fall off the bus.
          I like that the last time you posted, 4 years ago, was this post. You sure nailed that one. Imagine if Harvard had made it to the National Championship game after that. You sure would have looked silly!
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I like that the last time you posted, 4 years ago, was this post. You sure nailed that one. Imagine if Harvard had made it to the National Championship game after that. You sure would have looked silly!
            Doesn't change that facts. The coach can't manage her team.

Comment

bc...This is the question...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V0TYIO6yv4

Are they missing Katie Burt?...Maybe, but if you have 3 Olympic caliber defensemen that you didn't last year, your freshmen goalie should have some support.

I qualify this with the fact that I have streamed a few bc game so I haven't seen them all but...Why is Makenna Newkirk the only forward I have seen getting things done on both ends of the rink?

If your M.O. is offense why aren't they getting more output from Watts and Lonergan? Are they meeting heavier resistance to those two this year? Sophomore slump for #9?

And it's been pointed out by some whose motives may be questionable, but does this coaching staff need to do some soul searching? A 12-6 record isn't awful but, it is underachieving for this team.
              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 12-03-2018, 09:20 AM.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                Well, okay, but someone has to come out of the flaming pileup in turn two.
                Have you been on Storrow Drive? NOBODY comes out!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I really wish I could find a way to care just a little bit less about all this because it is definitely making my life shorter, but I cannot quit them and so here are 1,500 words about it: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ton-university

Comment

I really wish I could find a way to care just a little bit less about all this because it is definitely making my life shorter, but I cannot quit them and so here are 1,500 words about it: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ton-university
                    My ad choices have in the middle of the article "Zoom delivers".

Talk about rubbing it in.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      In reading this and following links, it caused me to wonder what the voters in the poll on the Ice Garden have against Princeton. I certainly didn't expect much out of the Tigers, and I'd have expected even less if I'd know that Steph Neatby wouldn't be playing, but PU's only losses have been in its opening weekend on the road in Madison. I get that the tie versus Syracuse is a bad result, but that's the only real negative on the schedule. Most of the teams placed above the Tigers have done something far worse. Maybe it is a case of voting how people expect it to ultimately end rather than just how it looks now ...

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        In reading this and following links, it caused me to wonder what the voters in the poll on the Ice Garden have against Princeton. I certainly didn't expect much out of the Tigers, and I'd have expected even less if I'd know that Steph Neatby wouldn't be playing, but PU's only losses have been in its opening weekend on the road in Madison. I get that the tie versus Syracuse is a bad result, but that's the only real negative on the schedule. Most of the teams placed above the Tigers have done something far worse. Maybe it is a case of voting how people expect it to ultimately end rather than just how it looks now ...
                        Princeton was the 2nd best team I've seen play UW, MN being the best team UW has faced (I have seen every wcha team but OSU and have seen Lindenwood, Cuse, Harvard & Mercy).
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I think whenever you have an unexpected team make a run, it takes a while to force themselves into the public consciousness. Remember when QU started undefeated a few years back, it took forever for them to get into the top 8 or so of the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            I put Princeton 5th in my Poster's Poll, which is one and two spots higher than where they stand in the USCHO Poll and RPI ranking respectively. Overall the remainder of their schedule isn't particularly difficult so you have to believe they will at least maintain (and very possibly improve on) their PairWise position the rest of the way.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Robin Lock has Princeton 3rd, which is a spot higher than I put the Tigers:
                              http://it.stlawu.edu/~chodr/wchodr/current.html

He also has BC at No. 6, so all is not lost despite the week from the abyss.

Comment

Well, since we’re all in fact piling in to T3’s dorm room to hang other pennants on the wall (the Eagles’ is slightly askew), I’ll ask where all the love for PU is coming from. They (really) beat Colgate and . . . . . . . . . . . . QU? Brown? Yale? Dartmouth? Syracuse? Maybe it’s two losses to Wisco that’s getting them near the FF. (I need more than one Badger fan to tell me they looked that much better than Harvard.) Is this year really that crazy?

Now let’s give the room back to the Eagles. The Beanpot’s almost two months away and they have to get ready!
                                Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 12-05-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X