Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2018-2019: NO COMMERCIALS, NO MERCY

UVM fan here. Just hoping for a good game today. We've played BC tough a few times the last couple years but can never quite get over the hump.

Squad looked quite good at UNH last night but obviously BC is a completely different beast.
    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
      UVM fan here. Just hoping for a good game today. We've played BC tough a few times the last couple years but can never quite get over the hump.

Squad looked quite good at UNH last night but obviously BC is a completely different beast.
      How on Earth did you manage to give up 37 shots to Quinnipiac??
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        How on Earth did you manage to give up 37 shots to Quinnipiac??
        Young defense and, though I want to say score effects, only 4 were in the third period where Q was behind by 1. Night before the shot suppression was a lot better.
        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

UVM Recap: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ont-catamounts

They're going to need to put in more of an effort than that against Maine. They should let me suit up against Holy Cross though.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
            Personally, I just like saying that because I know it kind of bugs Grant. BC can't help the HEA piece, with the addition of Merrimack and Holy Cross, who may or may not be decent teams, but they certainly aren't contenders. It doesn't leave BC with a lot of N.C. games to play around with. Once Harvard kind of veered of the cliff, that softened up that side of it even more. You're right; it isn't BC's fault that BU is now for some reason worse after Poulin left than it was before she arrived.

I'll be the first to admit that UM's OOC schedule has sucked in recent years (Cue EastFan-some-digit to say that both Merrimack and UVM beat the Gophers last year). It is marginally better this year by having SLU and UMD in a couple of showcase events and at least the top end of the CHA. However, they really should be making an effort to play either Clarkson or Colgate regularly, because those two look to be the clear top of ECAC, unless the Crimson have a sudden renaissance.

So yeah, BC does play cupcakes, but I'm sitting here in a glass house.

The HC game is going to be brutal. I went to the Brown @ HC game Saturday; and even as bad as Brown is, they looked good playing against HC. I know it is early in the D1 development for HC, so I hope they can build into a team that challenges the top teams in HEA eventually. I think if they market what they have - nice rink, fully funded scholarships, great academics (probably the best in HEA - sorry Grant!), beautiful campus, and Worcester to boot (don't make fun of Worcester until you get to know it a little - great city). If BC wasn't having difficulty scoring (based on what we are used to) I would expect a massacre. Even so BC takes this one 8-0.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post

on another note...UVM has the best uniforms in NCAA...HANDS DOWN

Comment

• Originally posted by arenalife View Post
                great academics (probably the best in HEA - sorry Grant!), beautiful campus, and Worcester to boot (don't make fun of Worcester until you get to know it a little - great city).
                I laughed

Comment

Weekend preview of what will probably be two extremely different games: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...final-thoughts

Comment

I don't think Brown is nearly as bad as you say they are in your column. If they are, that says something pretty terrible about Hockey East, because Brown beat UConn 5-3 on Tuesday night.
                    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Weekend preview of what will probably be two extremely different games: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...final-thoughts
                      Happy to see you are using my prediction for the HC score !! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                        I don't think Brown is nearly as bad as you say they are in your column. If they are, that says something pretty terrible about Hockey East, because Brown beat UConn 5-3 on Tuesday night.
                        They probably aren't as bad as the last few years at least. But also Hockey East isn't very good either! haha

Comment

#9 with one assist but man, she really should have had another assist. That was a beautiful "give" and go play to set up the Holy Cross goal.

Is a 5-1 win against the Cruz almost like a loss?
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            Is a 5-1 win against the Cruz almost like a loss?
                            It's not great. It's weird, something's not quite right with them. It's just all very sloppy.

Comment

It's not great. It's weird, something's not quite right with them. It's just all very sloppy.
                              There's a lot of passes that are going six feet in front of the target. No real structure to the possession.

Comment

First period in the books, tied at 0-0. Lots of penalties called and both teams had 5-3 opportunities. Maine is a good skating club and seems to be able to keep up with the pace that bc wants to play at.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X