X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.30: "Stormy Weather...It Keeps on Rainin' all the Time..."

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Well, at least little donnie is good enough for her to call it sex. I'll bet she hesitated when answering that one.
    Isn't today the youngest dump's birthday?

Good timing for this report.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      A Teacher reaction to Trump and Betsy Devos' idea of education (reacting to Devos 60 Minutes interview). Hammers it home. Teacher really understands the plutocracy and why they "pretend" that we don't know how to teach kids and what needs to be done to accomplish that. About time. Wish there was a lot more of this on the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dTotMaQGIo

Very worth a watch/listen.
      Good for her! She mentioned the now legal white flight from challenging schools- that's been documented here in Michigan pretty clearly. Instead of having to move to get your kids to a school you want, you just drive them there.

School of choice sounds like a good idea, but when you realize that it can ONLY work when you are ABLE to make the choice, then it's pretty clear that it will never work for everyone. And we are left with kids just as described by the teacher- smart, creative, and hard working, but in a school system that does not have the resources to teach them.

Charter schools- if people want to spend their money on a high end private school for their kids, fine. But I don't want my tax dollars going to a company who's #1 issue is making money when they should be teaching kids. It's a terrible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Good for her! She mentioned the now legal white flight from challenging schools- that's been documented here in Michigan pretty clearly. Instead of having to move to get your kids to a school you want, you just drive them there.
        This problem is solved if we just make school funding state rather than local. Let the whites run away from The Element. As long as the tax dollars are spread evenly among the schools it doesn't matter.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          This problem is solved if we just make school funding state rather than local. Let the whites run away from The Element. As long as the tax dollars are spread evenly among the schools it doesn't matter.
          Good luck with that. We passed a law in the 1990s that the state had to pay at least 55% of school cost. It has never even gotten to 50% and is usually closer to 45. The legislature and governor don't seem to care what voters say. We legalized weed, expanded Medicare, passed bonds for things like infrastructure and got Ranked Choice Voting through by a good margin and it has all been ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Good luck with that. We passed a law in the 1990s that the state had to pay at least 55% of school cost. It has never even gotten to 50% and is usually closer to 45. The legislature and governor don't seem to care what voters say. We legalized weed, expanded Medicare, passed bonds for things like infrastructure and got Ranked Choice Voting through by a good margin and it has all been ignored.
            Feds are the same way. Feds mandated special education and they won't pay for it. I don't understand why it doesn't work that whatever level passes the mandate funds the mandate.

On average, most states estimate that special education monies from the federal government make up less than 15%. This leaves the local school districts scrambling to fund the remaining costs of mandated special education services.
            http://www.understandingspecialeduca...n-funding.html

Makes no sense. Special Education drain kills public schools ability to compete with charter/private.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              the sad thing is they don't meet the 55% funding requirement even though the state school funding formula is very low. I know our town spends far more than the state-mandated school funding amount, so even if they fulfilled their 55% funding level, it woudln't be close to 55% of our school budget because we choose to spend extra. In Maine, if you let the state fund 55% of your school budget, you'll end up with an underfunded school.

Comment

That is just all sorts of awesome.
                Fox News' actual headline: "John Oliver slammed for 'controversial and partisan' mockery of Pence family bunny"

No. No he wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Fox News' actual headline: "John Oliver slammed for 'controversial and partisan' mockery of Pence family bunny"

No. No he wasn't.
                  It's like banging an empty drum except in a large, empty gymnasium.

To borrow a metaphor...
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    It's like banging an empty drum except in a large, empty gymnasium.

To borrow a metaphor...
                    Not empty. 33% of the US Population is in that very gymnasium.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Not empty. 33% of the US Population is in that very gymnasium.

Maybe I was being too subtle. I was borrowing John Kelly's "empty drum" metaphor and dropping it in an echo chamber (the gym).
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Feds are the same way. Feds mandated special education and they won't pay for it. I don't understand why it doesn't work that whatever level passes the mandate funds the mandate.

http://www.understandingspecialeduca...n-funding.html

Makes no sense. Special Education drain kills public schools ability to compete with charter/private.
                        What's confusing you here? There's a party that won't force the private entities providing publicly-funded education to adhere to the standard of service forced upon the publicly operated entities.

What are you missing here?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          What's confusing you here? There's a party that won't force the private entities providing publicly-funded education to adhere to the standard of service forced upon the publicly operated entities.

What are you missing here?
                          Yeah, I get that. Kudos. Well put.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Why am I not surprised? At all.

Comment

They seem perfect for each other: http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...-report-2018-3

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X