X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.30: "Stormy Weather...It Keeps on Rainin' all the Time..."

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    A whole lot of my generation did the deferment thing. Some fled North, some protested, some went to jail, some blew up things, and most served.
    Ok, but there's a relatively small subset of those people that now can't get enough of sending other peoples' kids to die in foreign countries. Those are the people that deserve to burn in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      It's ultimately about hypocrisy. One shouldn't be calling for preemptive war now, when he opposed preemptive war back when he was eligible to serve.
      And now claims he totally would have used his awesome karate moves and won the war for us, you don't even know man!, but it was those libs' fault.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        It's ultimately about hypocrisy. One shouldn't be calling for preemptive war now, when he opposed preemptive war back when he was eligible to serve.
        Theory vs. the real thing. If we could trot every politician to a battlefield the day after so they can smell the stench of the decaying bodies and see the mangled remains of the dead, there would be less who want to send our troops off to a glorious endeavor.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

A whole lot of my generation did the deferment thing. Some fled North, some protested, some went to jail, some blew up things, and most served.

My draft number was high enough to avoid being drafted, but I believe nobody from the 1955BY was drafted anyway.
          I was '53 (high #), and some of my classmates got the call. I think they only called until '72. If I had been born three years earlier and been drafted, I honestly don't know what choice I would have made. Probably gone, but I certainly don't condemn those who chose CO, jail, or Canada--unless they turned into righteous hypocrites afterward.

My wife and I have been watching Ken Burns' Vietnam series. God what times those were.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
            I was '53 (high #), and some of my classmates got the call. I think they only called until '72. If I had been born three years earlier and been drafted, I honestly don't know what choice I would have made. Probably gone, but I certainly don't condemn those who chose CO, jail, or Canada--unless they turned into righteous hypocrites afterward.

My wife and I have been watching Ken Burns' Vietnam series. God what times those were.
            In January 1942 my Dad knew his draft number was coming up and he had no use for mud, bad food, and people trying to kill him. He figured that by enlisting in the Navy he'd get a clean bunk, good food, and he would be on a ship where there was safety in numbers. If he didn't get that he'd be dead.

Ironically he spent most of the war Stateside but went ashore on Okinawa in June 1945.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Theory vs. the real thing. If we could trot every politician to a battlefield the day after so they can smell the stench of the decaying bodies and see the mangled remains of the dead, there would be less who want to send our troops off to a glorious endeavor.
              It should not be necessary to show the 'remains' of a battlefield for a "dodger" to have enough integrity to not insist upon others that which they themselves would not honor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                It should not be necessary to show the 'remains' of a battlefield for a "dodger" to have enough integrity to not insist upon others that which they themselves would not honor.
                Dodger or not, the people who love to blow the bugle rarely know what the consequences are. The last one who knew was Bush 41.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Why put dodger in quotes? They dodged. Period.

Comment

Dodger or not, the people who love to blow the bugle rarely know what the consequences are. The last one who knew was Bush 41.
                    Name for me a time in history in which dodgers were so much in control of actually putting our sons/daughters in harms way?

Comment

Looks like someone got their d*ck caught in their zipper.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...rs_family_firm
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Name for me a time in history in which dodgers were so much in control of actually putting our sons/daughters in harms way?
                        How many men and women have been killed in action in the 45 years since the last soldier died in 'Nam? Not a rhetorical question.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Looks like someone got their d*ck caught in their zipper.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...rs_family_firm
                          Help me out. I know the Globe leans left. Is the Herald your right-leaning paper, or is it a tabloid like the NY Post?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            How many men and women have been killed in action in the 45 years since the last soldier died in 'Nam? Not a rhetorical question.
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ualties_of_war

Comment

Good site. Thx jerpisch

Comment

Obama Youth??

@FoxNews: Barack Obama Hopes for a 'Million Young Obamas' to Lead 'Human Progress' http://bit.ly/2IRpo6V https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/9...712193/photo/1
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X