This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    2 I think Keps and my plan was superior to that piece of garbage that was enacted.
    3 if limited to community college or the cost of the the first 2 years of the "official" state college. You're not getting free private college.

1 is a bottomless cash pit. No.
    What we have now costs more than 1, it’s just that it’s largely paid by your employer (results in lower salary).

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      What we have now costs more than 1, it’s just that it’s largely paid by your employer (results in lower salary).
      Actually most of the cost is because of people being unable to afford their medical care, so medical providers make that up by charging those of us that can more.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It’s maddening how many people don’t get this concept

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Actually most of the cost is because of people being unable to afford their medical care, so medical providers make that up by charging those of us that can more.
          I agree

I’m just saying what we have is very expensive but much of the cost is hidden so people think single payer is too expensive

Comment

I agree

I’m just saying what we have is very expensive but much of the cost is hidden so people think single payer is too expensive
            Well you said the wrong thing because most employers aren’t paying much for health insurance these days.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Well you said the wrong thing because most employers aren’t paying much for health insurance these days.
              My employer is paying like $20,000 per year for my insurance.

Would I pay $20,000 + my premium for single payer?

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Boogaloo

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                2 I think Keps and my plan was superior to that piece of garbage that was enacted.
                3 if limited to community college or the cost of the the first 2 years of the "official" state college. You're not getting free private college.

2. I agree. I liked your plan better.
                3. Yes. Community or Tech School. No private colleges.
                1. We'll get there eventually no matter what. It's time for some good ideas.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  So is our current system.

If the cost of single payer is < Medicaid + Medicare + private insurance + self-insured/self-paid + unpaid ER bills, then it's a net plus.

Hint: it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    2. I agree. I liked your plan better.
                    3. Yes. Community or Tech School. No private colleges.
                    1. We'll get there eventually no matter what. It's time for some good ideas.
                    2 years of community college or a trade school should be part of public education in addition to pre-k through 12

Comment

2 years of community college or a trade school should be part of public education in addition to pre-k through 12
                      Playing devils advocate... is tuition at a community college a real impediment for anyone who wants to attend? Just picking one and looking at their website, tuition at Mass Bay Community College is $212 per credit. Is that really insurmountable for anyone who wants to attend? (And it appears they offer financial aid to some if needed)

Comment

No it isnt which is why it wouldnt be that big of a deal for it to be paid for by the government.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          No it isnt which is why it wouldnt be that big of a deal for it to be paid for by the government.
                          Meh. Personally I’d rather allocate those dollars to our existing public education. If someone wants to go to community college they can have a few thousand bucks if skin in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            Meh. Personally I’d rather allocate those dollars to our existing public education. If someone wants to go to community college they can have a few thousand bucks if skin in the game.
                            I think community college or trade school should be the minimum education level attained. It should be part of the standard education track.

Comment

The government used to fund four year universities far better back in the day which is part of why they were more affordable. Cal was free to attend up until the 70’s I believe as were a number of other universities.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...nd-it-oversea/
                              Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-18-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                The government used to fund four year universities far better back in the day which is part of why they were more affordable. Cal was free to attend up until the 70’s I believe as were a number of other universities.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...nd-it-oversea/
                                And that's really what has happened. And because we as a society started telling everyone that they need to go to college to be employed there has been a massive inflationary effect.

If you want a robust economy you cannot handcuff your workers with mountains of debt while at the same time having all the baby boomers retire. It's going to be a disaster if we don't do something.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X