This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Republicans are going to run against Clinton.

Isn't that interesting. I thought Clinton was just another right winger.
    Running against Chuck and Nancy is legitimate (as is running against Mitch and TBD). Clinton is old gnus.

However, I'd be more interested in what are you running FOR? as an example, getting funding to repair the water mains or bridges or update the sewage plant. That's constructive. Appealing to fear is not
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Boogaloo

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Running against Chuck and Nancy is legitimate (as is running against Mitch and TBD). Clinton is old gnus.

However, I'd be more interested in what are you running FOR? as an example, getting funding to repair the water mains or bridges or update the sewage plant. That's constructive. Appealing to fear is not
      I see no evidence that either party is running on anything. The Democrats have solutions to problems but refuse to run on them because they've been rejected over and over again. The Republicans have no solutions to any problems, and have accomplished their one true goal this legislative session (stealing 13 trillion from the middle class).

The money they've stolen since 1980 is worth more than anything the Democrats have accomplished in the same timeframe.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Republicans are running on bludgeoning minorities, Muslims, gays, and women.

The Democrats are running on stopping the Republicans from doing that.

That's what joe calls "appealing to fear."
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh, please. When we fought the Germans (at Pearl Harbor) in WW2 we didn't have a "constructive" message. Our aim was "stop the Germans."
          Last edited by Kepler; 04-23-2018, 10:01 AM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

anyone running on fixing bridges or water mains would get labeled as a tax and spend liberal by the conservatives (we need to raise taxes to do this stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              anyone running on fixing bridges or water mains would get labeled as a tax and spend liberal by the conservatives.
              Correct.

So, how do you run on that and get the voters on your side at the same time?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

“If Democrats control either the House or the Senate, Trump’s agenda is dead,” Mr. Sanders said during a conversation with New York Times reporters and editors.
                Yep. This is what you say after you've had another 13 trillion stolen and you can't do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Clinton should start endorsing right wingers to give their base strokes.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Clinton should start endorsing right wingers to give their base strokes.
                    That would be hilarious.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I'm not surprised. Clinton/Obama/Soros Derangement Syndrome is still a pandemic in Middle America.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        The Republicans are running on bludgeoning minorities, Muslims, gays, and women.

The Democrats are running on stopping the Republicans from doing that.

That's what joe calls "appealing to fear."
                        works to motivate you!!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

What should Democrats run on?

1. Single Payer Health Reform
                          2. Real Tax Reform. Not that BS the Republicans just passed.
                          3. Free Two Years of college. Drastically reduce the interest rate on ALL remaining college debt.

I would be running on those three items right now. And I'd be hammering them over and over and over again.
                          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 07-18-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

1, 2

Not 3
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              1, 2

Not 3
                              3 is the most important in my mind. It desperately needs to happen if they want to "fix" this economy. 1 and 2 are boring and have been in the mix for decades.

EDIT: If we continue down this current trek that we are on we're going to be completely ****ed in 20 years.
                              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 07-18-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

2 I think Keps and my plan was superior to that piece of garbage that was enacted.
                                3 if limited to community college or the cost of the the first 2 years of the "official" state college. You're not getting free private college.

1 is a bottomless cash pit. No.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X