X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Boogaloo

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Yup. We can afford to take major hits in D turnout on the coast. We cannot afford to lose the midwest again. In the age of Trump, the whole of the midwest is swing state territory.
    I don't like the "sacrifice one place for the sake of another" plan because there's down ballot races we need to pick up as well. Also, it doesn't even have to be that way. All people to the left of Chump and the treasonous money laundering cult that he leads have a higher calling beyond single payer or 90% top tier tax rates. Simply put its Democracy vs Nazism. The entire GOP needs to be vilified to the point of unelectability for everyone who's not already a Trump Humper. Republicans long ago figured out this tactic, as at this point the Dems could be dropping bricks of cash from Black Ops helicopters all over a place like West Virginia and its citizens still wouldn't vote for them.

Its not that single payer and tax rates aren't important. They are. However, the primary goal of all of us who don't fear that transgender Muslim illegal immigrant hordes are overwhelming the border in order to force Americans to listen to Ricky Martin's greatest hits needs to be the complete and utter destruction of the treasonous money laundering cult that goes by the name "Republicans". Its not like they haven't given us any material to work with.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      And that's really what has happened. And because we as a society started telling everyone that they need to go to college to be employed there has been a massive inflationary effect.

If you want a robust economy you cannot handcuff your workers with mountains of debt while at the same time having all the baby boomers retire. It's going to be a disaster if we don't do something.
      Define “mountains of debt”... obviously if someone takes out loans for private schools they will certainly have huge debt, but it seems as if college can currently be achieved at a state school or community college without racking up massive debt.

A little bit of skin in the game is not a bad thing.

Comment

Uh no, state schools will still leave you with a ton of debt, even more so if you go to any type of grad school. Going to the U of MN costs like $27,000 a year if you live on campus for undergrad. There's no way you're working and paying that off simultaneously which was possible back when my parents went to school.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          Uh no, state schools will still leave you with a ton of debt, even more so if you go to any type of grad school. Going to the U of MN costs like $27,000 a year if you live on campus for undergrad. There's no way you're working and paying that off simultaneously which was possible back when my parents went to school.
          It isn’t required to live at school to earn a degree. Or are you suggesting we should be paying for people’s housing and meals as well?

Here in my area Mass Bay Community College is $212 per credit. Or if you want to go a little more expensive one could commute to Salem State and pay $10,800 per year. If you borrowed it all, you would graduate with roughly the equivalent amount of a car loan.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Even the Community College I went to for two years can cost up to $17k, UAA is $26k a year for Alaska residents.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Even the Community College I went to for two years can cost up to $17k, UAA is $26k a year for Alaska residents.
              Yeah, I honestly don't understand all the guff over this idea. We have to do this for our economy. We also need to do a better job of finding workers for the jobs that are available.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                It isn’t required to live at school to earn a degree. Or are you suggesting we should be paying for people’s housing and meals as well?
                Still gotta pay for somewhere to live (unless parents live close), food, and transportation. And that’s not easy while 30+ credits a year.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Here in my area Mass Bay Community College is $212 per credit. Or if you want to go a little more expensive one could commute to Salem State and pay $10,800 per year. If you borrowed it all, you would graduate with roughly the equivalent amount of a car loan.
                  You do realize there is more than just Community College and Private School right?

And the Dems need to just ignore the Republicans. Those voters arent flipping. Get your people to vote and they have a better path to victory.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Still gotta pay for somewhere to live (unless parents live close), food, and transportation. And that’s not easy while 30+ credits a year.
                    How is that different for a senior in high school? They would have to have a place to live as well as food etc paid for.

Are you suggesting free living expenses as well? I don’t think that will speak to a majority of voters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      You do realize there is more than just Community College and Private School right?

And the Dems need to just ignore the Republicans. Those voters arent flipping. Get your people to vote and they have a better path to victory.
                      Salem State is not a private school.

Comment

How is that different for a senior in high school? They would have to have a place to live as well as food etc paid for.

Are you suggesting free living expenses as well? I don’t think that will speak to a majority of voters.
                        Depends on the student. In general, however, I would not be including living expense. However, with how massively expensive dorms are I would be subsidizing their cost.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

For some people living from home isn't an option and learning to live away from your parents is probably one of the most important parts of going to college. I don't think housing is covered in other countries that have free college but rent does seem far more affordable so perhaps something could be worked out there to give students some kind of subsidized housing. Either way you shouldn't need to be 100k in debt to accomplish that, it's ridiculous and it wasn't the case in this country a few decades ago in certain states and there are other countries that have managed to figure this out as well and don't have nearly as big of a gap between the haves and have nots.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          We also need to do a better job of finding workers for the jobs that are available.
                          Well compensating them better is an option...

There's a reason nobody wants to work the available night shift warehouse job that skimps on safety, benefits, and pay.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-19-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Salem State is not a private school.
                            I never said it was

(I was just saying not everything is super cheap or super expensive)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Well compensating them better is an option...

There's a reason nobody wants to work the available night shift warehouse job that skimps on safety, benefits, and pay.
                              I agree. That is a massive problem right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I never said it was

(I was just saying not everything is super cheap or super expensive)
                                Ahh gotcha... I misunderstood your point.

Salem State was actually my example of a pretty good school that would probably be considered neither super cheap nor super expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X