Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Ohio State’s ties to Minnesota could appeal to Gophers women’s hockey fans

“Minnesota fans don’t like Wisconsin, and they don’t have any relationship to the East Coast, so why not cheer for alums of Minnesota?” Muzerall reasoned. “So hopefully, that’s in our favor.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/1...s-hockey-fans/
    Wisconsin fans don't want rodents cheering for us either Muzzy. You can have the bandwagon fans.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
      That's sure worth a shot - thanks!
      Another option is to sign up for a free trial of an internet cable service like Hulu live, play station Vue,fubo TV, etc.

Most will give you 7 days and you're not charged as long as you cancel before the trial is up.

Comment

I sure do hope plenty of rodent fans show up today and root against Clarkson, you have an axe to grind for sure against them. Ironically last year in the first semi I was rooting for Clarkson, but UW had swept them the last 2 seasons, so what was to worry about?

Comment

The question is who will I be rooting for? A potential rematch/revenge game against Clarkson or a game against former rodent/sue coaches coaching for a school I really can't stand? (but who has very nice women's hockey fans).

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            so what was to worry about?
            Nothing...When you were pouring thinner down your gullet. Although, maybe this year, you should worry about the fighting nurses making the final and shutting you down again.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Nothing...When you were pouring thinner down your gullet. Although, maybe this year, you should worry about the fighting nurses making the final and shutting you down again.
              It would be a lot less shocking, that is for sure, and not quite as painful seeing I won't be at the game. It was a LONG ride back
              after the game last year, but the experience was fun, though the rink was kinda a semi-dump out in the middle of nowhere. Let's go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                I sure do hope plenty of rodent fans show up today and root against Clarkson, you have an axe to grind for sure against them. Ironically last year in the first semi I was rooting for Clarkson, but UW had swept them the last 2 seasons, so what was to worry about?
                Yet you want gopher fans to cheer for the badgers? Interesting.
                I will be rooting for red all weekend long. I understand the desire for revenge against Clarkson but an all WCHA final would be more fun. Plus you really need a rubber match at a neutral site

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  Yet you want gopher fans to cheer for the badgers?
                  The Badgers don't play Clarkson today; he wants us to cheer for OSU.

Really, it is hard to get Gopher fans to cheer much for anyone, even the Gophers.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Really, it is hard to get Gopher fans to cheer much for anyone, even the Gophers.
                    I personally have basically no desire to watch any of these games
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      I understand you are taking this pretty hard, but the match-ups are full of intrigue, there is are 2 Cinderellas, and there is the revenge factor for you. You kinda have to root for the eastern teams, don't you, based on your bias?

Comment

The Badgers don't play Clarkson today; he wants us to cheer for OSU.

I will tell you, I was cheering darn hard for Clarkson last year against the gophs. If it's a Clarkson UW match-up I expect all the gopher fans to be anti UW, though we did gift you a trophy you probably didn't deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          I kind of get this to a point and it would probably suck for you all the more if Clarkson or Colgate pull off a NC win. Potentially 3 Eastern NC wins and bc no where to be found in that mix.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            I kind of get this to a point and it would probably suck for you all the more if Clarkson or Colgate pull off a NC win. Potentially 3 Eastern NC wins and bc no where to be found in that mix.
                            Wouldn't it sting more for TTT if OSU won? Not that I'm expecting it.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Wouldn't it sting more for TTT if OSU won? Not that I'm expecting it.
                              Probably...But then again, he might go the moral victory route and think, hey we lost to the eventual National Champ...

Comment

Muzzerall won a Nat Champ as a player and 4 as an assistant coach and she's won tons of games at Ridder. She's in a perfect position to be confident and impart confidence to her team despite their inexperience. And their aggressive style could also contribute to that confidence and swagger.

Reality could certainly slap them hard in the face but I'm looking forward to the game today and I hope they make a great showing.

Comment

Working...
                                X