Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Whatever, as a fan I wish they would put a stop to it. Keep the game moving as much as possible.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      I think it has WAY less to do with women's coaches "not developing" a 4th line and more to do with the fact that the talent pool in women's is just WAY less deep
      I disagree. Coaches in the women's game use their top players in all situations, game in and game out: 5-on-5, 4-on-4, PP, PK, EA. Some kids look pretty good in limited minutes as rookies, but they never get regular shifts and never get better. In the men's game, you have more people who don't dress their first year and skate important shifts as seniors.

You're right that the talent pool isn't that deep, but find a role (other than "bench") for every player and let her fill that role. There is nothing better than to watch such players improve.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        O'Gara's. Geez, I knew that. The green neon Script O'Gara's even looks a little like Script Ohio. Will have to get a photo of the sign & building before they're gone...
        So tell me Mr.PGB are you there as a spectator or are you working the game? If you're working it I don't think their rafters are as high as the Schott and certainly not near ground level like our old barn so maybe you'll be somewhere in between? LOL!

Comment

Are any of the Frozen Four games being streamed online?

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
            Are any of the Frozen Four games being streamed online?
            Big Ten Network...(tv viewing) is the assistance/information I got here the other day. Couldn't find anything about streaming a couple days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              Big Ten Network...(tv viewing) is the assistance/information I got here the other day. Couldn't find anything about streaming a couple days ago.
              Okay, thanks.

Comment

Sure looks like Potter was on the right track with some of her recruits to OSU. The sleeping giant is up and moving, good luck. May as well win it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                  The streaming piece of BTN is the web site BTN2go

As best I understand it, BTN2go games come either free, or with an additional subscription specific to the web site; last week's UW-Minn game was free. But to get access in the first place, your cable subscription has to include BTN. (I don't about HULU and all that stuff.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    The streaming piece of BTN is the web site BTN2go

As best I understand it, BTN2go games come either free, or with an additional subscription specific to the web site; last week's UW-Minn game was free. But to get access in the first place, your cable subscription has to include BTN. (I don't about HULU and all that stuff.)
                    I don't have cable with BTN, so that's out...ugh.

Comment

• Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I'm not at all complaining that coaches take advantage of it, they should and if they didn't they would be derelict in their duty. My beef is from a fan's perspective. I don't like all the pauses and deadtime at the game and I'd like to see the 4th line get some ice time, those girls work hard too and should get on the ice. The artificial rest periods kill 4th line opportunities in semi close games.
                      Got it; thanks for clarifying.

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Whatever, as a fan I wish they would put a stop to it. Keep the game moving as much as possible.
                      As a purist, I tend to agree with you guys.

The fact that the host school is allowed to decide whether or not to use timeouts is also problematic. Rules and their interpretation should be as consistent as possible from one game to the next. Allowing the home coaching staff to impose a major rules change probably gives gamesmanship too large a role.

And yet, the only way to have a fully consistent rule would be to use the timeouts for all games. Some games are already on TV. That number will continue to grow; albeit slowly. OK, requiring the presence of a commercial broadcaster would eliminate the gamesmanship from the situation. But not the inconsistency.

It will be interesting see how this is handled in the seasons ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                        I don't have cable with BTN, so that's out...ugh.
                        One other possibility -and it is a long shot - is that sometimes people will take a video stream from somebody like ESPN or BTN, etc and re-transmit (thereby totally violating copyrights, etc), and then publicly post links to where you can find their retransmission. One such web site where you can find the retransmission links is called wiziwig

Google it, and then look there at game time. You do NOT have to subscribe to anything, even though some pop-up ads might try to tell you you do. Re-click the link, or reload the page until you are past any pop-ups.

Mostly what you link is links for NFL or NHL, but maybe you'll get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          One other possibility -and it is a long shot - is that sometimes people will take a video stream from somebody like ESPN or BTN, etc and re-transmit (thereby totally violating copyrights, etc), and then publicly post links to where you can find their retransmission. One such web site where you can find the retransmission links is called wiziwig

Google it, and then look there at game time. You do NOT have to subscribe to anything, even though some pop-up ads might try to tell you you do. Re-click the link, or reload the page until you are past any pop-ups.

Mostly what you link is links for NFL or NHL, but maybe you'll get lucky.
                          That's sure worth a shot - thanks!

Comment

On the "spitfire," Nadine Muzerall:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/s...hio-state.html

Comment

Ohio State’s ties to Minnesota could appeal to Gophers women’s hockey fans

“Minnesota fans don’t like Wisconsin, and they don’t have any relationship to the East Coast, so why not cheer for alums of Minnesota?” Muzerall reasoned. “So hopefully, that’s in our favor.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/1...s-hockey-fans/
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                Ohio State’s ties to Minnesota could appeal to Gophers women’s hockey fans

“Minnesota fans don’t like Wisconsin, and they don’t have any relationship to the East Coast, so why not cheer for alums of Minnesota?” Muzerall reasoned. “So hopefully, that’s in our favor.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/1...s-hockey-fans/
                                Works for me. Probably not going to happen but how about an all WCHA final with OSU winning the title in OT over the BADgers? Yeah, that would work.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X